HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: size and pricing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 pm 

Just curious if a smaller home carries a smaller price tag? Also, what is the price range for your services available for closing...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:53 pm 

Quote:
jane doe Posted:

Just curious if a smaller home carries a smaller price tag? Also, what is the price range for your services available for closing...?

Hi Jane Doe, I have sent you a private message. Andy.

Post subject: home assit.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 pm 

Hi Andy,
Just i want to know how the home assit inspection works and when we can call you for home assit? How many days before our PDI inspection?.
how long it takes?
Charges i think $199 for home assist but if we give you garantee for 30 Days Home inspection from you again then is there any discount on 30 days inspection or home assit.
Home assist do you give the report to us so that we can put those before sign our PDI?
Normaly how many days before closing mattamy ask for PDI? do you have any idea if so pl. let me know.
I read lots of feedback from other home owner about you and every one talk good about you.

we might need you our closing is in June.

Thanks waiting for your reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 pm 

Hi pete_ramakant

I have PM'ed you.

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:21 pm 

Do you accept credit card payments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:59 am 

Quote:
daniels Posted:

Do you accept credit card payments?

Hi Daniels,

When people pay our regular fees that are listed on our websites Fee Schedule, we do accept Visa and MasterCard. However, like most other small service type businesses, we do prefer to be paid by personal cheque.

When we offer a special rate, we do not accept credit cards.

Andy Shaw - 905 876 4761
http://www.haltoninspections.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 am 

Thank you Andy
You update my knowledge and suggested many things for me.
our 30days PDI works great. We never notice 4-5 points if i do by myself but because of your help we put in 30days PDI and fix it through mattamy.
Last month we did 1 year inspection and works well. Thanks for suggestion for my sumpump pipe extention which i did little wrong without consideration of winter snow.
we pay the money 2 times ( 30daysPDI and 1 year) but it is worth to fix the problem before it goes worst and get lettest knowledge about house, specialy first time home buyer.

I will highly refer your name for home inspection to all my friends and community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm 

Hi Andy - Can you PM me a price for a 2000 sq ft, semi Detached, located at 9th line and britannia area.

Our one year is coming up in 1.5 months and we would like to know the cost of a proper inspection as opposed to my limited eye. This is our 4th new home, but my eyes certainly don't have the FLIR option!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm 

We had Andy come to do our 1 year inspection. He caught some things that we never would have seen or known was an issue.

Due to the snow, we couldn't really get to the exterior, but we will get to that soon. Too bad the appointment wasn't this week, all our snow is almost gone.

Thanks Andy and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Sheri D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 am 

Quote:
yuanyelss Posted:

Do the people that do your actual home inspection hold BCQ or designations from the Ontario Building Officials Association? Any you provide inspectors hold this provincial designation?

I personally do the inspections and I do not have other "people" out there doing inspections.

To answer your question, the answer is No. That is because I am a Home Inspector not a municipal inspector. My training is specific to Home Inspection issues and the process of inspecting a home. Part of that training includes but is not limited to, Building Code and Health and Safety Code training from the Ministry of municipal Affairs and Housing.

I am quite sure that a municipal inspector would not know where to start when doing a "Home Inspection." To do the job properly they would need specific Home Inspection training to learn how to do a Home Inspection, learn what to look for during an inspection, and learn how to report issues to the client.

Keep in mind that anyone can call themselves an inspector. You should hire someone who has been doing Home Inspections for a long time and who has the equipment, like Infrared, to do the job properly. I would also want references. Personally, I am very fortunate to have many referrals and this keeps me quite busy.

Visit the link below for some references.

http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19988&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=thanks+andy+andrew+shaw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am 

Had Andy do my 30 day and not only did Andy go a great job in finding some issues but he was surprised my house had little to anything wrong with it. The binder he gives out is full of very useful information. The best thing about Andy is, his service doesn't end with the inspection. You can email him questions after the inspection and he'll respond in a timely manner. Great after sale service if you ask me. Will contact Andy once my one year comes up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:07 pm 

Quote:
samsvoc Posted:

Had Andy do my 30 day and not only did Andy go a great job in finding some issues but he was surprised my house had little to anything wrong with it. The binder he gives out is full of very useful information. The best thing about Andy is, his service doesn't end with the inspection. You can email him questions after the inspection and he'll respond in a timely manner. Great after sale service if you ask me. Will contact Andy once my one year comes up.

Thanks for the comment. You are proof that it's helpful when you take the time to get to know the workers around your home. Keep on eye on your lot grading and window wells when that is done.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:

Sump Pumps call for help !!

Do all Milton homes have sump pumps? Is it required?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm 

Jdub wrote:
Halton Home Inspector wrote:

Sump Pumps call for help !!

Do all Milton homes have sump pumps? Is it required?

Assuming we are talking about new homes then the answer generally is yes, however, there are a few homes up in Mattamy's vista phase that do not have one.

Whether a home has a sump or not will depend on the municipality. In other words there is no code that says every home must have a sump. That decision is made by the local authorities.

Post subject: Thanks Andy!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:40 pm 

We had Andy do a 30-day inspection for our 2nd new home last month (sorry I was so late posting a thank-you!)! As always Andy never fails to be very resourceful, professional and helpful. He is always willing to help before, during or after an inspection with any questions/concerns you have about your home. He takes his time explaining every issue that arises as you walk through/around your home, and provides a helpful binder with a list of the issues before he leaves. He has sent me multiple e-mails with thorough information about issues that the builders question fixing! I would recommend Andy to any one who needs a reliable, knowledgeable and personable individual to complete inspections in a helpful and professional manner. Thank you again Andy, see you for our 1-year inspection!!

Sincerely,

Sarah & Matt