HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:34 pm 

Andy just left our house after our one year inspection. He is phenomenal! He checked everything, ensuring that our investment is protected for today and the foreseeable future. He is thorough and explains everything so that the homeowner is aware of their responsibilities too. Thanks Andy for all of your help, your services are well worth it. Drop by anytime :)

Post subject: Thanks Andy!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 pm 

Giving a quick shout out to Andy who completed a home inspection for my wife and I about a week ago on a new built home we just purchased! He did a great job pointing out all the things a brand new home owner should know, what needed attention in the new home, even how to properly use and service the utilities! We especially liked the booklet he handed to us after with everything he had checked that day which included what needed attention and what didn't. It even included some tips which we thought was a great idea!

We're really happy and glad we went with him to inspect our home. Thanks once again Andy!

Simon And Cathy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:52 am 

We hired Andy to perform our 30 Day inspection at the end of November, and he did a great job pointing out defects and code violations on our house. He was very thorough, and even took his time to demonstrate how certain things work that most home owners would never know or ask.

One notable thing Andy found was that our sump pump was NEVER working. Upon his inspection, the tank was filled with water (never drained) and the float bulb was stuck submerged under the water wedged between the drain pipe.

Andy quote: "That poor thing (float) has never seen the light of day! It's probably gasping for air!"

Anyways, he adjusted the sump pump properly and it's been going off when it's supposed to, especially over the last few wet days.

Other things he reported:

- missing exterior caulking
- broken shingles
- exposed nailheads on singles
- crack in the foundation

Thanks again Andy! We'll be using you again for the 1 year inspection

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 pm 

Hi Andy,

I'm interested in doing the 30 day inspection. My closing is on March 3rd. Could you please reach out to me in regards to pricing and details?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 pm 

ssqmm wrote:
Hi Andy,

I'm interested in doing the 30 day inspection. My closing is on March 3rd. Could you please reach out to me in regards to pricing and details?

Thank you

Hi ssqmm. The best way to get the most information is to phone me at 905 876 4761. As well, feel free to visit my website at http://www.haltoninspections.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am 

5 stars for Andy. liked his report format..
Mattamy's warranty dept wont be happy once they receive the list...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:34 am 

gbharj wrote:
5 stars for Andy. liked his report format..
Mattamy's warranty dept wont be happy once they receive the list...

Thanks gbhar. I'm happy you like the PDF report with photos and code references.

And yes, sometimes issues can be a bit daunting. Feel free to phone anytime if you have questions.