HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 am 

How is this legal? I would love to hear your reason.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 am 

I have a feeling from his last message, he won't answer...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 pm 

Considering there are two companies currently exploring at bringing the first legal platform to offer these services to Canada and are currently held up with licensing issues I think its pretty safe to say he is offering pirate content..

The only legal services in Canada at the moment that offer live TV streaming of commercial products come with cable subscriptions from top tier companies.

Second quarter 2017 Shaw may be introducing something like this guy is offering and it will be the first legal offering in canada of its kind.

There is one legal offering in the USA for USA only residents and free to military members.

But I dont know what Im talking about.

All that being said all these android boxes are using themed and kitted versions of kodi with hijacked plugins of hijacked streams.

they buy a box for 60 to 80 dollars load kodi, skin it to look different and use plugins much like whats found on tvaddons.ag.

so basically they are stealing from pirates.

Bottom feeding!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:59 pm 

miltonguy wrote:
How is this legal? I would love to hear your reason.

Google showed some news about legality of IPTV boxes in Canada.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/04/bell- ... resellers/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/free-tv ... -1.3660656

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/0 ... llers.html

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/217-int ... anada.html

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 am 

007 wrote:
Considering there are two companies currently exploring at bringing the first legal platform to offer these services to Canada and are currently held up with licensing issues I think its pretty safe to say he is offering pirate content..

The only legal services in Canada at the moment that offer live TV streaming of commercial products come with cable subscriptions from top tier companies.

Second quarter 2017 Shaw may be introducing something like this guy is offering and it will be the first legal offering in canada of its kind.

There is one legal offering in the USA for USA only residents and free to military members.

All that being said all these android boxes are using themed and kitted versions of kodi with hijacked plugins of hijacked streams.

they buy a box for 60 to 80 dollars load kodi, skin it to look different and use plugins much like whats found on tvaddons.ag.

Bottom feeding!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am 

pong35 wrote:

These laws are required. See what people dont get is things like this box dont help anyone.

Because of this level of piracy with ease of access your providers are now paying more for licensing and being limited on what they can afford. Because of this the price of services go up and the amount of content gets limited.

so at the end of the day with these people making money for something they dont deserve everyone paying for legit services and service providers get hurt.

Its a bad domino effect.

Not to mention in some cases they have proven where this "CASH" goes and its not to very nice causes in some cases.

If your looking for this sit back and ask yourself if this is truly what you want to do.

Most of us get upset at high prices and limited content but many people do not take into consideration items like these boxes are the number one reason prices go up and content purchasing is limited.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 am 

Other side of the coin - these boxes became popular because of the already high prices these monopolies think they can charge. If it was more reasonable, people wouldn't bother...

Same thing that happened in the 80's and 90's when the illegal cable cables boxes were out and the illegal satellite boxes were out, etc.

The industry has been fighting something for the last 30 years. These boxes force them to innovate and become more reasonable with their pricing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:25 am 

Just to educate everyone on what this person is selling...
There is something called IPTV services. It is NOT Kodi. They are a mix of major players by the name of IPGuys, IPExpress, Star IPTV, etc.

You purchase a box, and you sign up for one of the services listed above by providing the boxes MAC address, and the services allows your box to now connect to channels. These channels are hosted by these services. So yes, you are paying for a stream of some sort, so it's very grey area but it's NOT illegal the way Canadian law is written.

The standard price seems to be $20/month or less for these services.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 am 

I think that's the problem - it's such a gray area and the loop hole will be closed once this becomes prevalent enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:44 am 

Deep wrote:
I think that's the problem - it's such a gray area and the loop hole will be closed once this becomes prevalent enough.

It won't ever be closed. The law might change to say it's illegal but people will still do it.
These servers are hosted around the world, usually in the Netherlands.

It's the internet, it can't be fought. Companies just need to compete. We've seen it with Torrents.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:54 am 

That's what I mean - the law will prevent it being as "easy" to run this business.

Yes, we've seen it with torrents and we've also seen the mpaa and others go after these purveyors of free media.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:25 pm 

007 wrote:

Bottom feeding!

So I don't normally step into these kind of things. But did you get scammed and think that everyone is out to get you? Have you done any research on the matter?

Yes, there are a lot of scammers out there. Did you ask about the service? What are the details? Most of these IPTV services are not kodi based or have anything to do with kodi. They are live streams that are not software at all. However they are accessed by software eg. Kodi via third party software or addon. A specific Set Top Box or STB Emulator for an Android device will also work.

IPTV live streams that are compiled by let's call "buddy" he goes to his computer and then to CityTV.com finds the live stream, just as you would. He then does this to 1500-2500 channels from around the world. None of which are on tvaddons. Then uploads the links to a single server, and publishes it the web. "Buddy" is also making sure the server stays running, probably has a rediculous hydro bill and uploading this amount of content isn't free. He is making sure links stay active and updated and trying to add more. He then selling access to a distributor, and he sells to reseller, and so on.

What is being done here is not illegal (yet), and never will be to the consumer. This is why they call it a "grey area" is because they're not going through the CTRC to acquire rights to broadcast. But there not actually broadcasting anything right, it's all online. Live streams that are already there, to be viewed with CRTC's approval. Is it wrong to sell something you can get for free? Ya, a little, but is it illegal?

So what's going on in the courts right now is, the big 3 are trying to stop people from selling these services and fully loaded boxes and advertising "stop paying for cable" "no more cable bills". Right now there is an interm ban on selling these fully loaded boxes. People can sell a almost blank android or MAG box, and also a IPTV service, but not together. The customer must do the setup.

Also your comment on top tier cable is inaccurate to say the least, and Shaw is a little behind. Ever heard of VMedia or Zazeen? Set top box IPTV services that is I'm going to say legit, as apposed to legal. They have been around for a couple years. There are also a dozen others that offer the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 am 

JustAGuy wrote:
007 wrote:

Bottom feeding!

So I don't normally step into these kind of things. But did you get scammed and think that everyone is out to get you? Have you done any research on the matter?

Yes, there are a lot of scammers out there. Did you ask about the service? What are the details? Most of these IPTV services are not kodi based or have anything to do with kodi. They are live streams that are not software at all. However they are accessed by software eg. Kodi via third party software or addon. A specific Set Top Box or STB Emulator for an Android device will also work.

IPTV live streams that are compiled by let's call "buddy" he goes to his computer and then to CityTV.com finds the live stream, just as you would. He then does this to 1500-2500 channels from around the world. None of which are on tvaddons. Then uploads the links to a single server, and publishes it the web. "Buddy" is also making sure the server stays running, probably has a rediculous hydro bill and uploading this amount of content isn't free. He is making sure links stay active and updated and trying to add more. He then selling access to a distributor, and he sells to reseller, and so on.

What is being done here is not illegal (yet), and never will be to the consumer. This is why they call it a "grey area" is because they're not going through the CTRC to acquire rights to broadcast. But there not actually broadcasting anything right, it's all online. Live streams that are already there, to be viewed with CRTC's approval. Is it wrong to sell something you can get for free? Ya, a little, but is it illegal?

So what's going on in the courts right now is, the big 3 are trying to stop people from selling these services and fully loaded boxes and advertising "stop paying for cable" "no more cable bills". Right now there is an interm ban on selling these fully loaded boxes. People can sell a almost blank android or MAG box, and also a IPTV service, but not together. The customer must do the setup.

Also your comment on top tier cable is inaccurate to say the least, and Shaw is a little behind. Ever heard of VMedia or Zazeen? Set top box IPTV services that is I'm going to say legit, as apposed to legal. They have been around for a couple years. There are also a dozen others that offer the same thing.

Being in the industry I have a strong opinion on the subject.

There is no legal service in Canada for Canadians offering live streaming of channels such as sports net, TSN, NBC, FX etc unless its attached to a current cable or dish provider yet.

The only legal streaming services for Canada for Canadians is not of this type of content.

The only sources for this content are what people like to call GREY area meaning you should now better but there is a loophole.

The only thing I have against these boxes that people are selling that hijack pirate streams is people making money ruining a market using someone elses work

Anyway anyone is entitled to their opinions clearly.

If his method is a truly legal streaming service offering cable replacement he should then respond with what it is. Ill buy it.... Im not getting excited yet though considering it is FACT that that license has not been issued yet.

calling something grey does not mean you are not stealing.

now if im totally wrong and he has a legit service that is considered legal by the RCMP, MPAA and CRTC and offers all the channels that licensing does not exist for like TSN, FX fox etc sign me up.

Also I dont care that people do it, I do care that if people are buying something that is not legal they should be aware. Ive seen lots of people who think they have legal grey boxes. that is not nice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:55 pm 

You will need high speed internet and it does use a lot of band width, especially in Milton as we pay high internet prices in Milton from Cogeco or Bell. The other providers feed of these two only, unlike districts that have Rogers who provide unlimited internet for $45 in places like Brampton. It is good stuff, but without high speed, it lags. Be prepared to pay for extra bandwidth each month unless unlimited purchased. The plans cost about $10 to 15 month, but really depends on which server there pointing to. The more servers that your linked up to, the more you will pay. NOTE, IT COULD BE ALSO BLOWN AWAY, JUST LIKE FREE TO AIR SATALITES, AS THE CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE NOT GETTING PAID. OH, BELL CANADA sued this summer and won the court case and many pptvs shut down officially selling, but there are legal and grey markets still flurishing. Make sure you do not pay up front more than three months subscription if you do buy, just in case it gets shut down. As i said, there are MANY providers, make sure you see the tv channel index before you buy. Not all offer the same channels. Once your on the hook, they may ask for more money to add more good channels. Also make sure the box has lots of memory and is HIGH DEFINITION BOX. If you cant find a shop, and there are dozens in milton, just look for computer repair stores to get a lead, or go to flea market in Mississaga on Dundas, a Pakistani sells it there but not cheap. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:53 pm 

I need iptv + kodi box and plan, send me box MODEL and specs with minimum 2gb.
must be setup for iptv 4k and kodi latest.
also must play videos formats mov, avi, mp4 a must..
price of box, plus monthly cost for Good channels for english movies.
Contact address ?
Thanks