HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:32 pm 

How do we determine which Air Conditioner size is best for your home?
It is very important that your air conditioning unit is sized appropriately prior to installation. If the unit is undersized it will run continuously without reaching set point, particularly during peak hours. If the air conditioning unit is oversized, it will short cycle (turn on and off continuously) resulting in warm pockets of air in the home, as well as poor dehumidification. Remember, an air conditioner has two jobs: to cool and to de-humidify your home; if it is improperly sized, there will be shortfalls.

Below is a list of additional information we may require when determining how to correctly size the air conditioning unit in your home.
1. Square footage (excluding basement)
2. Ceiling height - main level and upstairs
3. Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West)
4. Size and number of large windows in the home
5. Year of Home Construction (pre or post 1998) as well as any significant upgrades made to windows and/or insulation.

What SEER Rating or Efficiency is Best?
The SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) rating determines how efficient you air conditioning unit is (how much electricity it consumes). Remember, SEER is closely related to your furnace blower motor (ECM furnace blowers can increase AC efficiency). The higher the SEER number, the more efficient the AC. Our cooling season in Southwestern Ontario typically spans only 3-4 months per year, therefore, we do NOT recommend a SEER rating above 13. The discontinuation of the OPA Provincial Cooling Rebates further reduces the ROI of installing high-efficiency air conditioners.

What products do we recommend?
There are many air conditioning manufacturers available on the market today.
Premium products – these are sold and installed through an exclusive dealer network. Licensed and certified technicians are factory trained on installation and service. Standards for customer service and satisfaction are stipulated by the manufacturer.
Mid- Range products – these are builder quality products sold to any licensed HVAC company. Typically, these brands lack local technical support and do not stipulate that installing companies train their technicians or maintain adequate levels of customer service. I would be pleased to discuss the differences in product lines.
At Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling, we recommend the Premium Trane line of products; we have installed thousands of these cooling systems within the GTA. Trane air conditioners are built exclusively in Tyler Texas; while much of the competition are not built in Canada or the USA. Trane do not produce an uncased 13 seer (piston) coil, so they provide their Canadian dealer network with 13 SEER ADP premium coils that carry a 10 year warranty. Trane do produce an uncased, TXV (high efficiency) coil designed for use with higher SEER (14+) air conditioners. If you are installing a higher efficiency AC, we would be glad to discuss the Trane TXV coil option with you. They are significantly larger than the typical ductwork found in GTA homes, so modifications will have to be made. Our clients have been very satisfied with the quality and reliability of both ADP and Trane. The Trane line of air conditioning units were rated number 1 by Consumer Reports from June of 2019! Please see attached below.

COVID-19 Protocols
All of our Technicians complete daily COVID-19 screening assessment, our technicians are also masked while inside your home. We would appreciate practicing social distancing to keep everyone safe.
2020 Group Buy Pricing and Details

Below is the 2021 pricing for the Trane XR 13 AC units. This pricing includes complete installation with wall mounted brackets(new construction) or on a anti-vibration pad for installations where the ground is more settled. This includes 15ft copper and high voltage line set. Warranty is 10 years parts and 5 year labour. HST is additional.

Single Unit Pricing:
TRANE XR 13
1.5 ton $2985 installed
2.0 ton $3080 installed
2.5 ton $3160 installed
3.0 ton $3470 installed
3.5 ton $3695 installed
4.0 ton $3945 installed

Group Buy - Multiple Pricing Discount:
10 AC units deduct (125.00 per unit)
11-25 AC units deduct ($145.00 per unit)
26-50 AC units deduct (165.00 per unit)
In order to participate in this group buy we require a $250.00 deposit prior to June 1st, 2021. Payments may be made by interact email money transfer to fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca. Once this deposit is received we will send an invoice showing the deposit has been received and a tentative installation date. The deposit secures your pricing as well as your installation date. On June 01, 2021 we will determine how many participants we have in the group buy and apply the necessary discount to the invoice. If the air conditioner has been installed and paid prior to May 31,2021 we will refund the applicable group buy discount to our client via email money transfer. *We have hit the maximum discount since this AC Group Buy started in 2014*

MISC Products

Aprilaire Humidifiers purchased in tandem with an AC, Furance, or Water Heater: Installed with Shark-Bite fitting ONLY.
Aprilaire 500M $415 installed
Aprilaire 600M $445 installed
Aprilaire 700M $725 installed
Aprilaire 800M call for pricing

Aprilaire Humidifiers purchased as a singular item:
Aprilaire 500M $450 installed
Aprilaire 600M $475 installed
Aprilaire 700M $755 installed
Aprilaire 800M call for pricing

Air Purification Systems
In terms of air cleaners I would recommend using a 3M filter for the first 6 months of your occupancy in new construction homes. I would not recommend making an investment on an indoor air quality system initially unless you are certain the ducts are clean. Once most of the construction debris has been removed from your ductwork I would recommend the Trane Clean Effects system which does not restrict air circulation like many of the media filters and other systems. Please note we also offer the GENERAC line of whole home back up Generator Systems. Also during peak cooling season I would recommend using a not restrictive, unaggressive filter to ensure maximum airflow to the upstairs level and throughout your home for maximum cooling.

Client Testimonials
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=24763
https://homestars.com/companies/2797675 ... on-comfort
2014-2015-central-ac-furnace-feedback-thread-1505477/
http://estatesofcreditridge.freeforums. ... -t674.html

Questions & Answers

1. Why are there no more rebates?
I guess the government doesn't want to pay for us anymore.

2. Does Trane still produce the best ranked/rated Central Air Conditioning units, according to Consumer Reports?
Yes. Consumer Reports' most recent issue ranked Trane as the most reliable brand for Central AC. Furthermore, we have a RFD Feedback thread with many satisfied participants, which you can peruse at your pleasure HERE

3. Do you have a brochure for these units?
You can access the Trane XR13 Brochures HERE

5. Do you sell higher SEER units than 13?
Yes, you can purchase higher efficiency units as you wish. Please contact Craig directly for other units. There are currently no rebates for the higher seer AC units. You will still be able to claim the group discount, regardless of which unit you purchase. Please read information above regarding SEER efficiencies.

6. How much will the unit cost me?
Cost of your unit in tons less the RFD Group Buy Discount + HST.

7. (The Most Important Question) Do I have to pay for an Trane/American Standard Technician to come out once a year and do maintenance on my unit to keep the 10 year parts / 5 year labour warranty?
No. Craig suggest that you change your furnace filter to something less constricting ($5 filter from Home Depot) every 3 months. Furthermore, it is recommended that you hose down the condenser with a garden hose in the Spring. That is all the maintenance that you can do yourself. You do not need to call in a special contractor for any of these services. Brands like Lennox absolutely require that you do an annual maintenance (at cost to you) with one of their contractors, otherwise your warranty becomes void.

8. Are these Trane XR13 units builder grade or above builder grade?
These Trane XR13 are Premium-level units. Central AC units come in this following order: Builder Grade, Entry Level, Mid-Level, and Premium-Level. Some contractors will quote you builder grade units that are both loud and aesthetically offending, because they are the cheapest. These units are far superior to that. Please see the Consumer Reports on AC units from June 2019.

9. How do I know I can trust this "Craig" person? Is he on HomeStars?
Well this is the RFD Feedback Thread. This is where previous RFD purchasers rated Craig and his services. He is also on HomeStars with phenomenal reviews at 9.8/10. Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling HomeStars.

10. Why is the 5 year Labour Warranty such a big deal?
If you have called enough contractors, you should know that they will either not mention labour warranty or quote you 1-2 years tops. They will offer to sell you an additional 3-4 years of labour warranty for a hefty cost. Craig stands by his work so he will offer you 5 years as a show of faith in his products and workmanship. Remember, the highest cost of fixing a broken AC are not the parts, but the labour.

11. What areas in Ontario will Craig service?
I really get asked this a lot, and every single time I gotta ask Craig to confirm. However, generally I find that he will service the following extremes:
St. Cathrines to the South
Clarington to the East
Barrie to the North
Kitchener to the West
Ottawa
So if you fall between any of these points, you are set. If you are just outside or quite a ways outside this area, please contact Craig and ask directly.

12. What are the costs of additional copper past 15ft?
This is directly quoted from Craig:$3plf for over 15 ft of high voltage wiring, $7plf for copper lineset.

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763