HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:57 pm 

sequemar... I was in the shop that same morning last week. As an impartial witness here's what I thought. sequemar's was obviously upset, though she didn't raise her voice or come across unprofessional, I didn't find her rude or out of line. She did storm out irate, only because she wasn't getting the answer she was hoping for. She should've WAITED to speak to Paul. She unfortunately was trying to deal with someone that was not trying to make it right, but only defend the shop. The conversation was going in circles, she would basically say "You didn't return the rims that day" and he (the dude behind the counter) replied "well we don't have them". It was getting annoying to be honest.

At the end of the day both parties really don't have any proof of what really happened to the rims. Solution? deal with it, buy some used rims for 100 bucks a set on kijiji and hubcaps at Canadian tire for $60/set, pm me i'll help you. Please do not buy Toyota hubcaps for 80 each!!! And being the nice guy Paul is he'll probably give you a free install or something.

In the meantime it's not fair to accuse True tech of "stealing" rims on a PUBLIC FORUM, especially when you don't have any PROOF. Mistakes can happen, either way. MAYBE they did keep them by accident (not steal and sell that's ridiculous) and give back to the wrong person... MAYBE you threw them out with the tires OR kept them in your garage and someone stole them. Who knows.

Paul and the staff at True tech are stand up dudes. VERY HONEST mechanics, which is rare. They stand by their work. I've been going there for about 5 years and will continue to refer them to friends.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:09 pm 

Well I'll continue to use and highly recommend True Tech as I've had nothing but great experiences with Paul, Dave, Lorenzo and Ron (when he was around). Sounds like this is just a misunderstanding that nobody will ever be able to figure out and certainly not something that ever should have become so public.

Keep on truckin' guys!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 pm 

sequemar wrote:
Update: I have since spoken to Paul, and cleared the air with True Tech.

We have confirmed that I should have been advised up front by the workers that Paul was away and that it would be better to wait to speak with him, and I should have insisted on speaking with him proactively regardless of whether I was advised he was away or not.

True Tech has confirmed that they received my email, after checking their email folders, so I would like to confirm that I did attempt several times to get in touch with the store to resolve my issue - my fault for not insisting on speaking with the owner, and instead relying on the fact that I was told there was nothing that could be done.

Paul is helping me out with resolving this situation, and I have agreed to remove my posts in exchange for the help; I will update when this situation is complete.

So....did he steal your rims for the purpose of resale as you previously accused? You deleted your posts, and typed an update.....3 pages back mind you. However, I don't see a retraction or apology for your accusations.
You publicly accused them of theft, warn people not to support them without even giving the owner a chance to look into it, yet he's still willing to help you.
Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, and the apology will come once the issue is fully rectified? Although I'll probably have to search back page by page to find where it's hidden.
Good on you True Tech, taking the high road isn't always easy. Speaks volumes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:33 pm 

I took my car in to get it fixed and no surprise Paul and his crew at True Tech Auto Repair were bang on right on the money ,found the problem and fixed it on the spot . problem no more gone with the wind .
A true text book service with a very fair price too .
Paul ,I would like to thank you and your crew for doing such a great job and i shall keep coming back should i need any service for my car.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:43 am 

+1

Was at TT yesterday for an oil change and look at my rear wheels which were making some sounds. My 11 year old Ford Escape is hanging tough so hoping to get her through the summer.

In the end they said no major structural problems, they looked at my rear brakes, cleaned them up a bit and sent me off on my way. They could have told me that I needed the brakes done now, but said to reassess in 3 months and go from there.

I love their honesty and integrity.

A loyal returning customer!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:37 pm 

I've made the switch to Paul at True Tech this summer.

Own a Mitsubishi Lancer and after dealing with constant headaches at 401/Dixie Mitsu after an engine swap! I came to Paul to help me out with some engine light issues that dealer was saying wasn't they're problem. Paul found 2 errors and suggested changing one to see if it would kick out the other. He told me he wouldn't charge me again to check the code if it came up. Switched the first one and engine light went away! Thought wow this is great, but after a few days it came back. I was traveling for work and didn't get a chance to call him and once I arrived back from my trip, I was swamped at work. Long story short about almost 2 months later I called him and he kind of remembered issue and said bring it in and I'll take a look. Ended up switching 2nd sensor but didn't pay for scan and service was quick and honest! No BS from Paul.

My Father has a 2009 Tuscan and one morning is car wouldn't start as it was -40 outside lol.... Being as it was under warranty he called Hyundai to pick up and they did. once at dealer, they called my dad with a price tag of $900 to change plugs, wires and battery! Blew my mind! Called Paul and he quickly got a tow truck available for me to pick up at dealer for a steal and would take a look. Gave me an estimate to do same work for half the cost!
Once I called Dealer to pull the car out and take it to True Tech ( told them where I was taking it) They quickly turned around and said well... give us an hour and we're going to try to fire it up!
Eventually it fired up and then my father took it to Paul for an oil change and he looked over the engine. Suggested only to change the battery as it seemed a little weak!
This was a month ago and it's still going good. Eventually he'll come in to change battery. This one for me meant the most as my parents are retired and the money trees have dried up! LoL
Thanks Paul

Never will any of my vehicles see a dealer! Or my parent's! If I can't do it myself, then True Tech is getting my business.

Great work guys!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm 

Anyone had a BMW repaired there? I hate the service at Budd's and would prefer to avoid giving them my money...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:28 pm 

I've seen higher end cars on the hoist before. Go in and meet Paul, ask him anything. You will definitely save money and time by using True Tech over Bud's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:05 pm 

I take my 325i in to True Tech all the time. Paul and team always do a great job.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 pm 

727girl wrote:
Anyone had a BMW repaired there? I hate the service at Budd's and would prefer to avoid giving them my money...

Hi 727girl, your vehicle will be in good hands there, just have Paul use BMW filters and parts. I'll need to take both my vehicles there later in May for some work too.

You're not the only one; a handful of BMW-owning colleagues and acquaintances of mine over the years would rather get a colonoscopy than go to Budds' for service.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 am 

Bump up for Paul!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:02 pm 

Double bump. Today was European luxury car day at his shop; I saw a Mercedes-Benz, a cool Audi and Volvo being serviced.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:31 pm 

Used the services of Paul at True Tech today May 6, 2014. I found him to be polite, honest, within the price quoted and
timely. A straight up shooter kind of guy.
I had front and rear brake pads and rotors replaced. 2008 Volvo XC70.
He also did a small top motor mount exchange at no charge.
His rates are good and his services are good.
Highly recommended. We need more Paul's in town.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:15 pm 

Haven't been on here and read this thread in a while... Totally astounded to see those negative posts re TruTech... Just goes to show how "free" speech can be abused at times... Good on Paul taking the high road...

Just to add, Paul stored our van summer tires all winter, last week I got him to change them back AND since he knew I don't have much space to store wheels in between seasons he offered to store the winter ones for me. I offered to pay and he said no charge... he charged me $30. to change them over.. $30.? man, I barely roll over for that... Paul, you are one class guy and I would never consider shopping around unless you told me to. That's how much I trust you and try to follow the same methodology in my own business.. Being fair pays dividends.. Jeff...

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 pm 

bullwall wrote:
Used the services of Paul at True Tech today May 6, 2014. I found him to be polite, honest, within the price quoted and
timely. A straight up shooter kind of guy.
I had front and rear brake pads and rotors replaced. 2008 Volvo XC70.
He also did a small top motor mount exchange at no charge.
His rates are good and his services are good.
Highly recommended. We need more Paul's in town.
Mike

Hey Mike, that was your Volvo? I saw it briefly and I like it! It has a nice combination of rugged looks and sophistication.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next