HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:32 pm 

hjk1 wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

We have our design appointment in a few weeks. Since we have the same model,
I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Just trying to cover all of our bases and not miss anything.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm trying to remember everything, one of the things they didn't tell us but we knew from our neighbour was that instead of having a fixed light outside at the front door you can get a hanging light. It looks really nice. no charge for that.

I'm not sure which kitchen layout you have but you can upgrade the pantry door - they have a really nice 3/4 glass one but it's $800 (I priced it at $400 at home depot - special order) It's called Single 96" Interior french door.

For our kitchen layout you can have seating for two on the side of the island. We didn't want six chairs at the island so we extended the base of the island and added drawers.

added an extra exterior light at the back door.

added "quiet walls" around the laundry room - hope it actually makes a difference, probably not lol

We took out the door from bedroom 3 to the bathroom. $187

Added shower pot light in second bathroom $309

I can't think of anything else that wasn't in the book. We asked what other options there were that we didn't think of or suggestions of what other ppl have done and got nothing. I wasn't sure of the cabinet/floor tile combos I picked so I asked what a popular choice was, or what she suggested and was told we picked what everyone picks. I find that hard to believe. She wasn't interested in helping us chose anything. Good luck, and don't let them push you out the door. You can always make a second appointment (something that wasn't offered to us) if you aren't able to finish up.

Hope you have a great experience.

Thanks HjK1!
Those are definitely some things that we never thought of. We have the same layout, as you with the walk-in pantry.

Did expanding the island base cost extra? That's a really good idea, as we wanted to put a garbage drawer in the island, but I don't think it could fit, so expanding the base may allow us to do this.

Did they mention what type of shelves/how many shelves are included in the pantry?

If you don't mind me asking, what street are you on and when do you close? Have you been delayed at all?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 pm 

ssqmm wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

We have our design appointment in a few weeks. Since we have the same model,
I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Just trying to cover all of our bases and not miss anything.

Thanks!

I have a different model, but someone posted in the forums the following add-ons, which I found helpful:

*relocate existing hose bib to front of garage
* Add an extra hose bib near the front of your home, this enables watering the front gardens with ease also gives you and extra bib to set up a sprinkler system.
* Delete front door light and install a pot light, gives an even overall light and makes it easy to add more pot lights to front porch after close.
* Install extra light box over soaker tub, in master en suit, this is to hang small chandelier. Add an extra switch so you can dim it.
*Add lights in coat closets
*Delete bulk heads
*Delete 3" lip on regular counter top, this allows you to install back splash flush with counter top.
*Extra lighting Mattamy never puts enough lights.
*Do gas line for BBQ after close, this enables you to chose the location. Sometimes the builder puts it in awkward places for patio's.
*Two extra outside light on back of house
*Add wall outlet that will turn lamps on beside lamps and another switch to turn the lamps off above nite stands.
*Add wall outlets where your family room lamps would be with additional switch to turn on lamps. This allows lamps to be turned on when entering/exiting the room
* be sure the chandelier socket is re-enforced if you are planing to install a heavy one.

Thanks SSQMM!

These are also very good additional tips! Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:05 pm 

Hello All,

There is some great information in this thread! We just recently purchased a Woodstock model that won't be closing until 2017 (phase 6) but I wanted to ask a few questions.
- do any of you have a sunken foyer based on grading?
- did anyone add more cabinets or another pantry in their kitchen. Just looking for ideas on how to maximize the kitchen space. (We are going with the standard layout)

Thanks in advance for your responses. Hopefully this thread is still alive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:25 pm 

Hi!
We are in phase 2 our house hasn't broken ground yet and so I'm not sure about the sunken foyer. But we have a look out lot so I assume we will have a sunken foyer. I also have the open floor plan with the walk-in pantry. So, we didn't inquire about additional cabinets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:26 pm 

Sorry I couldn't be more help! But if you have other questions I'm happy answers them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:12 pm 

Hi Miltonliving_2010, thank you so much for your response!
We also have a lookout lot so perhaps we might have the sunken foyer. (We actually would like it to be!)
How did your design appointment go?! Was the process easy or slightly stressful? Believe it or not, I have already been to the design centre to look around at the options even with our closing so far away haha! Just wanted to get an idea of what is available but of course with no prices given. It makes it pretty hard to budget or make a realistic wish list.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:53 pm 

I loved the design process!! We also went and looked at options shortly after we purchased too! The appointment wasn't stressful as we had a pretty good sense of what we wanted before our appointment and the budget that we were willing to spend. My advice would be to go many times before your appointment and have a good sense of what you want. Also check out some of the forums to see what upgrades other people chose as there are a few upgrades that are not mentioned in the book. I really like the Woodstock and their doesn't seem to be too many of them in our development. So I am happy about that :)

Oh and if you want prices for anything just let me know. I'm happy to share. It's nice to have an idea of how much things cost, so you can budget accordingly!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 am 

Ooooh good to hear about your design process! I'm really looking forward to it. It will be my first time buying a new house other than resale. You are right, I don't seem to see too much on the Woodstock on this forum and don't think too many have bought in our development as well. Thank you for your offer to give me an idea of pricing! I am going to take you up on that and ask you a few questions BUT I will totally control myself and not get carried away. Please feel free to say "ok, that's enough..." Hahaha. I will understand.
Big things we were wondering about is the prices for:
- Grande/executive/sous packages.... Trying to fully understand what is included when you get those knowing that you still have to purchase items to go with it like built in appliances etc
- Hardwood... Wondering how much would it be to take the standard/included and do all of the second floor or to go up a level (group 2 I think??? ) and do the whole house (minus tiled areas)
- Tiles...wondering pricing on upgrading to the level above standard or included for the foyer & kitchen area.

Did you pick a lot of upgrades for your house? We are trying not to go overboard. Haha!

Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:11 pm 

I am happy to help!
When I get home tonight. I'll send you those pages of the book in a PDF. I think you can private message through this forum and ad an attachment.

Stay tuned! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 pm 

Great!! Thank you! I will look out for it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 am 

Miltonbroke... I sent you a PM :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am 

Miltonliving...sent a PM back to you... hoping that it went through!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 am 

Hi Miltonliving.... I sent you a PM!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 am 

Hi Miltonbroke!

I sent you a PM back :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 pm 

Visit the site last Friday, seeing 5 Woodstocks at Etheridge Way between Farmstead & Clitherow St. 3 French Chateau, 1 Tudor and 1 English Manor. One of them is mine. The other 2 French Chateau at Framstead and English mill Crt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next