HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:42 pm 

We went to our first design appointment back in December and when we started to discuss our structural upgrades I happily asked for the extended cold room (since I make my own wine and NEED the storage) and I was shocked when Debra simply said “no, we don’t do that anymore” What! They did it for the first &$@#*&^ 14 phases. Anyone else get pissed off by this? I mean, I’m an architect and I know dam right that they have to dig the hole and pour the footing and wall. These idiots are going to dig the hole and fill it back in again. Anyways, is there someone I can complain to about this? Who's the main guy?

signed, angry wine drinker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 pm 

Hey Danny & Lara (aka angry wine drinkers :wink: )

You should try George Enriquez - george.enriquez@mattamycorp.com, who is the Director of the Design Centre. Not sure how much help he'd be.. you may just get one of those canned responses from him. If you really wanted to go crazy, you could go to the top with the Pres & CEO - Peter.Gilgan@mattamycorp.com. :twisted:

Good luck let us know how it goes. What they're doing really doesn't make any sense.

P.S.
What did you think of Debra? I have her for my appointment in a couple weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:33 pm 

Hi christieg77, thanks for the info. I’m off to war!!! As for Debra, yah she is nice, but since I (Danny) am in the field of architecture, I didn't feel like I was completely informed to every single upgrade there is (maybe I’m to anal/detailed...lol) . I have designed all of the rooms throughout the house (furn layout, built-ins, drop ceiling...etc) but i can't help to feel that i have missed something like an outlet or cat5e access point. I guess what im trying to say is that i would have liked her to go into more detail with me about the things that are available and more design oriented instead of just the standards from the sheets. Instead, she spend the time trying to convince me to buy upgrades that I or any of the 50 tradesmen in my family could do .lol My advice is that you go prepared with sketched floor plans indicating all electrical, phone, internet, furn layouts etc. and go room by room with her so nothing is missed. However, in all fairness, maybe she was a little vague because it was our first structural appointment where we were just introduced to things. Our design appointment is next week where we sign for the stuff, ill let you know what we think then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:59 pm 

well just an update. I have emailed George and cc'd the ceo. I am now just waiting patiently...........continuously pressing the send/receive button.. still no reply. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 am 

We were told that we could not have a pantry in our Quincy Corner at our appointment; same deal the other phases had had it. Martin called Paula at customer service who advised him to speak to someone (sorry, don't know who), but they ended up allowing it!! and now all Quincy's can have pantries. Don't give up, ask your customer service rep. for advice if you don't hear back from those you've already written to. Our thoughts... they've done it before, we're willing to pay, so why not continue making the home owners happy?
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:11 pm 

Hey turboquattro, thanks for the encouragement. I will contact my sales rep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:59 pm 

Hey guys, just an update. Well we got the extended cold cellar. We are very pleased with mattamy's service, they gave us no trouble at all. Big thanks to george and all of mattamy's staff involved. Thanks again to you guys, christieg77 and turboquattro for your recommendations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:21 am 

I found it incredible how the design consultants simply said "NO" to every request we had and wasn't on the paper in front of them.
Especially that they know something like that was available in phases prior (they've been there a while and I also told them about it).
The response I was expecting was, "it's not an option at the moment, however let me look into it and I'll see what we can do" rather than a cold and firm "NO".
It should not be our job to track down, phone around, hunt and demand something we are more than willing to pay for anyways.
If it wasn't for this Forum I would never know that the options existed before.
Feel sorry for the other people who don't know or simply won't question "NO"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:47 am 

uniquely-designed wrote:
Hey guys, just an update. Well we got the extended cold cellar. We are very pleased with mattamy's service, they gave us no trouble at all. Big thanks to george and all of mattamy's staff involved. Thanks again to you guys, christieg77 and turboquattro for your recommendations.

Hey congrats guys! Good job, so glad you were able to get what you wanted (and with minimal fighting!) Was it George who handled your request or someone else? Reason I'm asking is because I think I'm about to get into a mini-war of my own as of next week when I have my design appointment. I've been told by a couple on the board with an Emery like mine, that the jet tub option I've been dying to get is unavailable to our model. It's just a standard sized jet tub that fits into the same space as a normal tub, and they are unwilling to supply it. So, I plan on fighting that, and hearing that you were successful with your plight makes me hopeful for mine!

Turbo I couldn't agree with you more. Why do they say NO, why not "No guarantees, but let me look into that." At least to show that we are valued as customers. As my friend put it, we're giving them a quarter of a million dollars (or more), so they should be bending over backwards to accomodate us when possible.

Thank God for this board and everybody on it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:41 am 

Hey christieg77, as far as we know and that i spoke to it was george that handled my request. It only took 2 days to get the problem solved. I had to fax him the paper of my floor plan in my welcome home package (which showed an older drawing indicating the extended cold room as an option) and he simply said "we are doing an investigation of why you recieved an old drawing and at the same time we are pricing the cold room, should be ready for you at your design appointment". I also sent him a fully designed basement blackline showing that the cold room was our only storage area to further our point. 2hr later i recieved an email from Deborah saying that we recieved the cold room. The price surprisingly was the same as it was when we purchased the house back in april 06, even though the new regular cold room price came down 25.50, im not complaining. Hope this helps. Good luck on your fight, i hope you get the tub. Its a wonderful upgrade, one that i had to give up for hardwood :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:48 am 

I'm really glad it happened so easily for you guys. That old drawing could've been your saving grace! Did you also cc the president of mattamy, or just George on his own? I don't really have any proof that the tub used to be offered so it might be a bit tougher for me... in fact, I could be completely wrong in thinking that they offer a standard sized jet tub that could fit into my space. I made the assumption looking at the description on the generic price list they have me when I first purchased. If I'm wrong and they don't offer a jet tub that will fit, then I'm willing to completely back off and save the 1500. But if it does fit, then my argument to George will simply have to be: Hey George, do you want me to pay you $1500 for a tub that's only worth $700 or not??? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:45 pm 

Yes, I cc the president but he did not send me any email, George handled it. I also emailed Paola. I guess she emailed George to. I don’t see why a jet tub that is the standard size would not fit in place where there is already a standard tub. However, if your deck area where your tub is is too small to accommodate the jet tub due to the pump or framing for that tub, then maybe it will not fit and that’s why they are not offering it. Another thing, the plumber may not want to order something extra different to the model. We wanted all black toilets, tubs etc but it was WAY expensive. Now, contrary to what I said above, there is one family doing a custom shower (Upgrades / Design Centre- shower design-dream) and apparently Mattamy set up the appointment with the home owner and the plumber to get it done. This maybe an option for you. Anyhow, good luck on you request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:01 pm 

christieg77 wrote:
I don't really have any proof that the tub used to be offered so it might be a bit tougher for me...

You could always use this forum to find out what was done in the past phases.
As long as someone has done it and they are a regular on the forum you should get your info no problem.
Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm 

$3731.00 for the extended. over 30 years of family wine making in canada along with 50 years in azores (Grandparents...the teachers), and hundreads of families in our family to compete against, we always come out on top :wink: , the cold room has always worked for us. but to each his own. Thats why wine always has its unique taste with every maker.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:29 pm 

Положить второй кусочек хлеба стороной с маслом вверх. Опустить крышку устройства и готовить блюдо две минуты. Подавать горячим.

Варіанти бутербродів