HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Towland Model
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:03 am 

Does anyone own a townland semi? If so, are there any bad features or things to know about?

We bought from a floor plan (no models...obviously), so its a little hard to picture what it will actually look like?

Is anyone willing to post some pics?

Thanks

Post subject: Townland model
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:57 pm 

we also bought from plans. we origionally bought a lindbrook but when we went to the construction site to look at a home being built we thought that for us it was to small, we went into a townland and it was a good size. if you want to see some some in different stages of being built these are the directions. if you go to the sales center and continue down Trudeau, turn right on clark, continue on clark youll pass the gas line (the big green stretch of land),then youll pass fourth line. just after that on your right you will see a street called sheppard place there are some townlands on that street, you can just walk into them they dont have drywall up just the shell. if you want to see some with drywall up and stuff continue on clark the next street after sheppard place is called Gazley Circle turn onto there and the homes on that street are further along. The one suggestion i got from people who bought a townland is to think about getting the kitchen repositioned from the U shape to L shape it gives you more room. on the plans it looks like you will have enough room to put a table in your kitchen but when you see the house youll realize that if you do you will be too close to the patio door. My finacee and i decided to reposition the kitchen and use it just for cooking and use that attached room (the family room) as dining room so we will eat in there every night and we will put our living room in the front of the house (our living room will be in the "formal room" area on your plans. it made no sense to me to use the formal room as dining room when your kitchen is at the back of the house, youll have to lug food back and forth too far. just something to consider. As far as the other upgrades my father is in construction and he says that they are over priced. the only thing we will upgrade is the rough in for the third bathroom in the basement since that has to be done before they pour the concrete. oh, and also when we went into some of the homes we noticed that the sub pump is put in the middle of your basement so if you ever want to finish it the hole for the sub pump will be in the way, you may want to get that moved when you have your structural appointment. the rest of the upgrades can be done yourself if your handy.
feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
adrienne