HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:46 am 

I'm on dymott House is on Schedule .... looks good .. the builder is cooperative .... my closing is on May 11th and they confirmed that it will be on time ... thats really impressive..... I know, there were certain things which they mentioned that we can't have but then you find that others got it.

I was also worried about Brampton ..... alot of people get concerned about it .... but the worst thing was see very slow appreciation of my house in 2-1/2 years .... may be you might be lucky to sell yours if you currently own due to the craze in the market...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:40 pm 

hey chargar, congrats on the sinks!!!! i'm soo glad they were able to accommodate the request!!! btw, who is your consultant?

as for brampton, i have no insight. my brother and sister in law live there now and they seem to like it. please don't ask me where, i have no idea. i think somewhere around steeles? lol i'm terrible with such specifics, unless its toronto :)

i'm going to miss the city :(

if you guys don't mind, please take lots of pics. we don't move in until august, so, i'll be very grateful for any pics you're willing to share

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 am 

Hey thats good news, i would love to have a double sink too but don't think it will fit in the master bathroom .... I'm assuming that you have the upgraded version?????

I will take some pictures whenever I'm there and will post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:00 pm 

Just a quick question...does anyone know the distance between the windows in the great room? We have a plan 7 with no fire place and sliding door in den. We want to put a tv between the windows but don't know the distance from window trim to window trim. Does anyone have the same idea and might know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:30 pm 

depends on the size of the the TV, you're good till 47" Flat panel. my guess is that its 4 ft.

I'm planning to put a 52" in the loft. if you didn't alter that area. loft is for the large tv then the great room and the wall of the walkin linen is just perfect for a tv on the wall .... if you have a smaller loft due to upgraded bathroom then the great room wouldn't be bad either.
Actually you're better then the guys having the fire place, b'cuz the tv can be mounting on the wall but what about the cable box, dvd player etc.????there's no place to put those. I have the conduit for the cable going the other wall end, but it would look really un-impressive to put those there. it wouldn't hurt me as I had decided to have the tv in the loft from day one. but you'll be able to do a good set-up......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm 

Thanks Farhan,

We have the conduit between our windows in the great room. So we were thinking flat screen at some point. With having the loft so close to the bedrooms it would be tough for us to put a tv up there. We have two young children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 pm 

any new pics? :D

Post subject: elevation B
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:20 pm 

To those that have an elevation B plan 7, do you have a bulkhead in either your great room and/or dining room?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:06 am 

Can you guys share some pictures of your Plan 7 houses? Thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm 

congrats on the start of your home cambridgedjm! we can't get over how quickly they have been working on ours. they started drywalling last week and may be done this week :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:23 pm 

to any plan 7b owners, or, to anyone who is familiar with the elevation:

is it just me, or, is the round "window" above the front bedroom high?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm 

here's a comparison of our home on the left (with a very hacky photoshop job :D )and two other homes

i still can't help but think it's too high. it looks like the window will be obscured once the detail is up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:12 am 

d.del wrote:
here's a comparison of our home on the left (with a very hacky photoshop job :D )and two other homes

i still can't help but think it's too high. it looks like the window will be obscured once the detail is up

In this photo as a comparison, it is alot higher, and the front detail will end up giong over top of it, instead as a header. But at this point, I dont know how they could lower it. I would bring it to their attention ASAP.

probably delayed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:51 pm 

omg, chargar, it looks great! but, where are the closets?!?!?! lol

also, did you choose the newell posts for your stairs or are those the included posts at the bottom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 pm 

CharGar wrote:
Thanks! I will post pictures of the closets when we get sheling. We went with the newell option.

Aren't the posts just the square profile ones? I thought the Newell posts were larger? Just wanting to make sure you got what you asked for, those match our posts and we didn't do the upgrade, we just upgraded to square pickets and posts.

probably delayed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next