HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 pm 

hi there,

We just moved into our Primrose, Elevation C. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I can send you some photos.

Diana :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:39 pm 

Marine Lady wrote:
Hello.we are also a primrose new buyers. It's almost closing date for us,so we're seeking help also in our interiors,so we can exchange ideas about our interiors.tell me what you've done & will be great if you have pics & you can ask any inquiries &Ii'll answer it if I know about it .

Hope we'll enjoy our future experience in our primroses. :D

Hi,

We also buy a Primrose B and will close next April. Can you share some pictures for us after you move in?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm 

Dilex wrote:
hi there,

We just moved into our Primrose, Elevation C. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I can send you some photos.

Diana :)

Diana,

I have PM you and please send some pictures for me.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am 

hey guys,
we just got settled into our new primrose. will try to do my best to take some photos and post them this week. hopefully my computer will co-operate and accept the uploaded pics...last time I tried to load them it said that my pc is "low on virtual memory" and would not load. I get its time to replace my 6 year old Dell with something new!
will try my best,
Diana
ps. Feel free to pm me with specific questions about upgrades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 pm 

Hey, Dilex, we are interested in buying a primrose too. Can you tell me how much for the upgrades below for primrose:
1. Change the kitchen layout (change to the U sharp and get the slidding door);
2. Quartz counter top;
3. Wood stairs. It has two stairs, how much to upgrade both of them (including paint)?;
4. 9' ceiling on the second floor;

Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 pm 

test

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 pm 

Now that I have figured out how to post photos again, below are some pics that I took tonight inside our Primrose....may be a bit dark since taken at night but I think it will give you all an idea of layout, upgrades etc.

We love our Primrose and would be happy to share info with future/current Primrose owners :D
Diana

Front Hallway

Main Hallway

Kitchen

Family Room

Powder Room

Master Ensuite

Laundry Room

Upstairs Hallway (taken during PDI)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 am 

The range hood is by Bosch http://www.bosch-home.com/us/products/c ... rce=browse

We had someone come in to install it. The Mattamy building team was great in helping us reinforce the wall to support the weight of it...the hood is 50 lbs so the wall needs to support 3x the weight. Had we known this would be an issue, we would have had them do it earlier on after the framewalk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 am 

Your home looks awesome Diana.........what tile did you select on the main level? It looks just like the one I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:18 am 

really really nice home Dilex
never looked at the primrose before--i had to check out the plan...
very nice choices
did you get the banquet seating in the kitchen?? and it looks like your kitchen has the master layout??
must feel really good to finally be in it...
nice to see.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:15 pm 

Kitty: the main floor tile is Rustica Mocha with the Smoke custom grout...we love out selection (all thanks to Tiffany our design consultant).

Kitchen package is the Master level...note that the crown is upgraded to the larger crown vs. the small crown included with the package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 pm 

Dilex, very nice kitchen. Is there an option to upgrade the cabinet for build-in appliances? How much? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 pm 

Glass and polished marble backsplash tiles are from The Tile Shoppe in Oakville (on Laird St near Dundas and 403)...got it on sale for $8.99/sq ft.

The valance lighting was done through Mattamy. Not sure what type of lights they are but I don't think they are LED. Upgrade cost was around $800.

The Grande Package (next level up from the Master) offered the built in wall oven and microwave. I think it was $2500 more for that package. For us, we actually preferred the look of the slide in range and then having both pantry cabinets which is why we stuck with the Master package....not to mention that the Bosch oven and microwave built ins were a fortune!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 pm 

Dilex wrote:
Kitty: the main floor tile is Rustica Mocha with the Smoke custom grout...we love out selection (all thanks to Tiffany our design consultant).

Kitchen package is the Master level...note that the crown is upgraded to the larger crown vs. the small crown included with the package.

Hi Diana,

Very nice Kitchen. I like it. What is your Quiz color? I hesitate to choose Quiz or granite now. your countertop looks good, you upgrade in Mattamy? $4980 or $5682?

Also, what's your cabinets colour? Is Espresso p71 standard Viking III MAPLE? We also want to select Master level,do you pay extra fee for the larger crown?

Thank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:44 am 

Dilex wrote:
The Grande Package (next level up from the Master) offered the built in wall oven and microwave. I think it was $2500 more for that package. For us, we actually preferred the look of the slide in range and then having both pantry cabinets which is why we stuck with the Master package....not to mention that the Bosch oven and microwave built ins were a fortune!

Thanks for the information. As for the slid-in range, is there any gap between the back of the range and the wall? We cook a lot so that we don't want to pull it out and clean the back once a while. :-)