HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tothburg upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:54 pm 

Hi

Does anyone know if the vaulted ceiling in the Tothburg is standard ?

Thanks
Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:56 pm 

sorry, that should have read "vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom ensuite"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:59 pm 

It depends on your elevation. We have an Elevation C Tothburg and the vaulted ceiling in the master ensuite and one other bedroom was standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:14 am 

Thanks Anne, we have also bought an Elevation 'C' and suspected it was standard, but were not sure.

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:11 am 

Hi Frank

I don't recall seeing one included within the purchase agreement. I will check it later today.

Thanks,
Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Hi Derek & Ruvani,

You had your structural & decor meeting (both) done for your Tothburg? We have our structural meeting come up in December, don't know yet when we'll have our decor one. I had some questions in regards to upgrades. Ann wasn't able to answer them she said to wait until we have our meeting with our design consultant on these type of upgrades, which might not be until next year for the non-structural changes (we have a late closing). If you (or anyone else) already had their upgrade meeting and knows the answers to any of these please reply! Thanks!!

(1) Price of wooden hood fan above the stove. I'm not sure what this is called. In the model you can see this. Here's a picture at http://rick.dilorenzo.com/ModelKitchen4.jpgI know standard is the metal white fan (looks ugly I think). But in models and design center, usually show this wooden one.

(2) For Tothburg C, what is the Aya Cabinet upgrade prices for door group series 5, 6, 7 & 8 ? On the kitchen price list it only lists the prices up to 3rd upg (group 4)

(3) The aya cabinet upgrade price sheet didn't list any pricing for the moulding or valances on the kitchen cabinets? Are these prices known for Tothburg?

(4) The kitchen island in the tothburg model looks different than the standard island. Basically in model the island also has shelves in the back,drawers in the front, and on the side there is also cabinet door style faces? I assume these 3 things (open shelves in back, drawers in front, door facing on sides) are all upgrades? Here is a picture of it, it's 600k though http://www.rick.dilorenzo.com/06070020.JPG

(5) Are there prices for the fireplace wood mantle/moldings? I know standard is some ceramic tiles around the fire place. But in the model and design center also have wood finishing on the sides and top of the fireplace? But what are the prices for the wood finishing/mantles around the ceramic tiles?

(6) In the model of the Tothburg it shows the Ensuite bathroom (the big one that has 2 cabinets/sinks one on each side) with big wall mirrors that start from the sink level and go up to the ceiling, and are also wide across covering the whole wall. But in reading what is standard I realize that this must be an upgrade? Standard seems to be smaller mirrors that are only above the 2 sinks. What's the upgrade price for the larger mirror like in the model's ensuite bathroom?

(7) Upgrade price for the cellar in the basement of the Tothburg C ?

( 8 ) For KC/C20U153 (Install Open-end upper shelf cabinet (angled) what is the price for non-standard cabinets (i.e. door group series 5 to 8 ). Same question for KC/C20U150 Install upper angled corner cabinet.

(9) In the Tothburg model the stairs going to the basement is open with a little foyer in the basement area. What is the upgrade cost or options for this? I've heard anything between $10k to $20k??!

(10) what type of halogen pot lights are used? 12 volts? AC or DC ?Doesn't say, it lists the prices but not the details of the quality of the bulbs.

(11) What are the costs of carpet runners when/if you upgrade the stairs to all wood. I know the upgrade prices for stairs already to oak, maple etc but not for adding a carpet runner on top.

(12) the tothburg C comes standard with vaulted/elevated ceiling in the ensuite bathroom and one of the bedrooms correct??

(13) What type of window seat is standard in the tothburg c? Is it different than the window seat in the model? the upgrade price list has prices to add a window seat, but I know our model already comes with one, just not sure what it will look like.

(14) what are the price(s) of undermounted sinks? On the price list it has CO/GRA/UMB which is cost to undermount a sink in a granite countertop. but it mentions that the upgrade to the actual sink must be ordered seperately?

(15) what are prices for backsplashes in the kitchen? Someone mentioned there was a standard price if we wanted the backsplash the same tile as the floor? and other prices for the different backsplashes shown in the design center?

(16) For 7" cornice mouldings, what's the price range per running foot to have this installed in the house? I realize there is a selection of different
cornice moldings at the design center, just trying to found out the range of prices for 7" size cornice mouldings. (better to do this later with an outside contractor after we move in, but still want to know the prices for mattamy-upgrades).

(17) In the Garage, is there there an upgrade for eletronic garage door openor's with remotes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:43 pm 

Hi Rick

Yes, we were able to complete both the structural and decor upgrades at the same apppointment (we had requested this in advance)

Here are some of the costs ( the number matches your request above):

(3) Flush-mounted valances were $1400-$1500 if I remember correctly, did not ask about the crown moulding after that...but yes, they do have the prices, received them a few days before our appointment.

(4) The standard kitchen island has 2 opening doors on one side but no shelves. BTW, does anyone know if it has an electrical outlet ? thought of this after.

(6) The full height mirrors were $1800 I think.

(7) Cold Cellar - $3517

(8) For standard cabinets - Open-ended $315, corner $296. The price list shows Canac prices, which are not valid.

(9) Open staircase $17514 (maple staircase, T014S pickets in other colours). The staircase itself is $7149, so I guess the open to basement is $10365

(12) For C, the master ensuite and bedroom 2 have standard vaulted ceilings.

(14) Undermounted sink is $268, if you change the sink to stainless steel, for an 8" deep it is around $800 (plus undermounting).

Some other notables:

- There are no pantries included in the Tothburg, to add 2 pantries plus cutout for a double-wall oven and deep cabinet over the fridge - $2584

- A/C is a reasonable $2900 - we are moving in the summer so opted to install it

- If you are getting coffered ceilings, it does not automatically include a smooth finish, that is an extra $963 for the entire first floor.

Let me know if there are any other costs you are interested in.

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:45 pm 

Hi Catherine

Yes, those are the current prices. We opted for the same as the model and it came to $24,663.

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:56 pm 

Location: Can you believe it's been over 5 years we've been on this site???
Hi Derek & Ruvani

Just curious.....in reading your comment "We opted for the same as the model and it came to $24,663." what all did you get? We are looking to spend alot on upgrades to get close to the modle home options as well..... ie: did you do the same kitchen? Can you break down what your 24K was spent on?

We are interested to know what kinds of things people are upgrading!

Thanks!

Gee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:58 am 

Hi Gee

The $24663 was only for the staircases:

$17514 - Open staircase to basement (maple staircase, T014S pickets in other colours).
$7149 - upgraded staircase 1st to 2nd floor (maple staircase, T014s pickets in other colours)

Also, I forgot the stain for each staircase
- $1883 total

So, in fact, the open staircase to basement and upgraded staircases cost us $26546.

Derek & Ruvani