HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Castlegate townhouse
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:19 pm 

:cry:
I am seeking suggestions / comments concerning the Castlegate Townhouse.
I have owned mine since September 2006
Since taking possession I have found the first floor impossible to keep cool in summer or warm in winter.
I have installed california shutters throughout the 375 square feet of glass and I have had 3m film installed on the windows of the 1st floor to no avail.

Further, I have a serious problem with water coming into the unit on the 1st floor when there is a strong rain with an east wind..... an only then.

I have inserted 12 tubes of all weather window calking and still the problem persists.

Any suggestions / comments greatly appreceiated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:23 am 

Hi there Casey!
We own a Rearlane Townhome Plan 3 Corner which is basically identical to the Castlegate but the Spirit version. We too have noticed how cold the 1st floor gets in the winter. I haven't noticed it being too hot in the summer but I am always cold so I'm more sensitive to that. It is a common complaint from the looks of it. I avoid the 1st floor if I can other than doing laundry or cleaning. I wish I knew how to fix it. :(

As far as your water coming in is concerned, you've got me there. We have not seen anything like that at all. Where exactly is it coming in? Have you talked to Mattamy about it or gotten anybody to look at it? That's a biggie.

We (thankfully) haven't really had any issues since moving in last June. We will have a minimal list when our one year comes up. Unless our windows begin to leak on the first floor............. :(