HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm 

Hey guys

My wife and I are deciding on either a section or a couch/love seat combo

any help would be appreciated in addition to pics so we can narrow down our selection

thanks !

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm 

minibree wrote:
We bought a sectional (corner couch) and now we have it down in the basement.

The only downfall with a sectional i think is you are more limited to rearranging the room. A couch and love seat can be moved/changed around easier.

Now we have 2 comfy chairs and 1 couch. Happier with that because we can re-arrange at any time

Hope this helps!

I agree with minibree, get a sofa/love combo. Check out The Chesterfield Shop, this is where I bought my sofa/love seat.

http://www.thechesterfieldshop.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:12 pm 

Think about what will be most functional for you. We also struggled with the couch decision, and looked for a couple of months until we fully decided.

If you get a loveseat and sofa, the sofa will have to go along the wall by the window. Most sofas are too large to place perpendicular to the window wall, and will cut off your entry from the kitchen (or your sofa and loveseat will overlap each other near the wall... and you don't want that either). The love seat will have to be placed there instead. Consider where you will be placing your TV. Will it be against the wall or in the corner? Which couch will you prefer to sit in when watching TV/have the better viewing angle?

We prefer to usually sit on a larger couch, mainly because we like to snooze :). We went with a sectional so that either way you sit, the couch is large enough to spread out. For others, this wouldn't even been an issue.. it's all personal preference, so consider what your preferences are.

You've been in my house :P, but incase you forget, here's what our set-up looks like:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm 

Hey Cat,

Thanks for your reply and posting your pictures. We remembered your set up (since you were so kind to let us come and see). We had a sectional in our townhouse and loved it so much but thought maybe it will be a nice change for the new house. We pretty much decided to go with two couches.

Our house is definitely coming along, the cabinets are sitting in the dining room waiting to be installed. I can't believe we move in just over 1.5 months.

Thanks again,
Carly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:56 pm 

1.5 months!! :o Wow, that time really flew by! I remember when our cabinets were sitting on the floor too... such an exciting moment :D Goodluck with the move and post some pictures of the finished product! I want to know how your kitchen turns out!