HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:01 pm 
Are the water tank and furnace already in? If they are, try to get the specs for the stackables. Measure the distance between the 2 units and if the width is not sufficient, you could probably talk to the builder about it. I think the contracts allow for some minor adjustments, but if you can't do your laundry, then there's got to be some sort of remedy...I would think.

If they're not in, see if you can locate another Sumac with the same modification (hopefully on Woodley with you, but probably on Brassard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:23 am 

Wow that sucks :( Keep us posted! I'd like to know what they say & how it can be resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:04 am 
Ask them to guarantee clearance for 2" on either side of the unit and see what they say. For the unit to be 27", and have no clearance on either side...not ideal. Maybe one of the home inspectors here can give a better justification for asking for additional space on either side? You're going to need a little more clearance to get it in there in the first place, right?

Anyway, I don't think your expectations are unreasonable. And when you buy a home with an unfinished laundry, you expect it to fit the laundry pair Mattamy has told you will fit.