HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moonseed End HVOE 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 am 

Hello Folks
We have purchased a Moonseed End Model closing in June 2013. Received the Design Guide ,
confused regarding upgrades .Would appreciate any advice regarding upgrades, lighting ...etc.
:) First Time Home buyer

Post subject: Re: Moonseed End HVOE 7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:18 am 

Hi,

Sorry that this pot won't be helpful (as I'm a first time buyer), but I purchased a moonseed end in phase 8, and my house closes in may 2013. Odd it closes before yours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm 

Hello lylesback2 :D
May be you had visited the sales office before me. Our unit is on Savoline blvd/Louis St laurent.
feeling great to find another Moonseed End Owner .Did you receive your design Guide?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:23 pm 

Hi again!

Yes, I finally got my design guide and I can tell you it's all a rip off.

My advice, especially of money is tight, just stick with the upgrade electrical work and stuff you can't do after you close. I'm only adding an additional cable outlet and a few wiring upgrades.

I have a moonseed end in phase 8 at Derry and tremaine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:37 pm 

Hi, don't want to high jack this thread but I'm helping my brother in-law in purchasing the next phase of village town homes and was wondering if any you guys have the last price list.

Also if you have any of you can send me the upgrade price list too, we would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Here are some tips from my experience buying from Mattamy.

1. Do the upgrade on the stairs with the builder. It's more expensive to do it after the fact.
2. Do the Hardwood floors after closing unless you want hardwood floor in the kitchen, then you have no choice but to do it with the builder.
3. Don't do the upgrade to add support to your light fixture for ceiling fan. You can do it during construction stage. All they do is add a piece of wood and they charge you $100 each light.
4. If you are keeping carpet throughout, upgrade the under pad and not the carpet. It makes a big difference with under pad and not the carpet unless you are going with board loom.
5. It's only $266 extra to upgrade the style of your interior doors throughout the home.
6. Don't do extra outlets or pot lights with the builder. Just go to the contractor during construction and get them to do it. You will save half the cost.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am 

hi
visited design centre and is going only with the following upgrades :kitchen backsplash, plasma ready wall., and window blinds. I checked with other contractors and figured backsplash is cheaper with builder. have decided to do the hardwood after closing. rest going with all basic as given by builder.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:14 pm 

rrknight wrote:
Hi, don't want to high jack this thread but I'm helping my brother in-law in purchasing the next phase of village town homes and was wondering if any you guys have the last price list.

Also if you have any of you can send me the upgrade price list too, we would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

1. Do the upgrade on the stairs with the builder. It's more expensive to do it after the fact.
2. Do the Hardwood floors after closing unless you want hardwood floor in the kitchen, then you have no choice but to do it with the builder.
3. Don't do the upgrade to add support to your light fixture for ceiling fan. You can do it during construction stage. All they do is add a piece of wood and they charge you $100 each light.
4. If you are keeping carpet throughout, upgrade the under pad and not the carpet. It makes a big difference with under pad and not the carpet unless you are going with board loom.
5. It's only $266 extra to upgrade the style of your interior doors throughout the home.
6. Don't do extra outlets or pot lights with the builder. Just go to the contractor during construction and get them to do it. You will save half the cost.

Are you still looking for a price list? I could give you a few numbers if you need, just send me a PM. But I likely won't be able to scan all the pages or anything lol.

Just let me know what upgrades they were thinking about / curious about and i'll reply with the prices.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:44 am 

lylesback2 wrote:
rrknight wrote:

Thanks.

Are you still looking for a price list? I could give you a few numbers if you need, just send me a PM. But I likely won't be able to scan all the pages or anything lol.

Just let me know what upgrades they were thinking about / curious about and i'll reply with the prices.

Thanks for the offer, a few people on this forum was nice enough to give me the last price list. I was actuallly there the past weekend with my brother in-law so I was able to get the lastest prices

Thanks again.