HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mattamy delays??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:53 am 

Has anyone had any issue with Mattamy having to delay closing?? Are they usually on time? Our house closes in March'13 and according to our aggreement they start construction in November'12. IMO starting in november isnt ideal because of weather conditions, but then again i'm not a builder soooo. Obviously they've done this before & they know what they're doing & im probably just being paranoid. I guess im just trying to get an idea of Mattamy's track record for closing. If you have any input it would be appreciated :)

Post subject: Re: Mattamy delays??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 am 

they have a good track record on closing. If theres a delay, they have until 3 months before your close to tell you. They closed on time with everyone on our street.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 am 

They broke ground January 21st on mine. There was snow everywhere. I had neighbours that closed before mine all on time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 am 

thanks Richard!

@rpauls - I agree with you, if we have a winter like we did this year then it can't be that bad. But lets hope we both close on time. I havent driven by the area recently but i plan on it this weekend (we're on Solomon Crt) so hopefully there will be some new development!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 am 

They're really good. The only thing that delays them is a last minute application for a construction variance. These guys work through any type weather except MASSIVE snowfalls. Your typical winter with snow wont affect the closing date.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:01 pm 

The only thing that can delay Mattamy is not getting an approval from the city on time. This has not happened with mattamy a whole lot. Other than that, Mattamy doesn't delay simply because of the volume. They can't afford to delay.

What comes in my mind is that the ground gets super wet in winter (if it snows) Not sure what effect it would cause to the foundation.

I don't mean to scare you! They have built tons of houses during those months, so they must have some sort of expertise...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 pm 

My original closing date was June 21, 2012 ... They were suppose to start my house at the end of February ... I just found out on Monday that they are going to start my house next week and my closing wil be delayed 4 weeks ... Most people on my street are delayed ... now my expected closing date is July 19th ... So even with a good winter they still couldn't avoid a delay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:47 am 

N and S wrote:
My original closing date was June 21, 2012 ... They were suppose to start my house at the end of February ... I just found out on Monday that they are going to start my house next week and my closing wil be delayed 4 weeks ... Most people on my street are delayed ... now my expected closing date is July 19th ... So even with a good winter they still couldn't avoid a delay

what phase is this and what street?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 am 

RichardTNC wrote:
N and S wrote:

what phase is this and what street?

Vista Phase 6, Wettlaufer Terrace ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:33 am 

man that sucks, hopefully it didnt screw up anything for you (ie selling current home or any plans you had already)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am 

sylviap wrote:
N and S wrote:

Hi Nadine, That sucks! Did you get registered mail? I'm afraid to go to the post office, I'm thinking thats what I have to pick up! My close is scheduled for December 2012 the village towns

Sylvia

You probably won't get notice until the 3 month mark. Visit the construction trailer before that and they'll be able to tell you.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm 

Greg and Sabrina wrote:
sylviap wrote:
N and S wrote:

Hi Nadine, That sucks! Did you get registered mail? I'm afraid to go to the post office, I'm thinking thats what I have to pick up! My close is scheduled for December 2012 the village towns

Sylvia

You probably won't get notice until the 3 month mark. Visit the construction trailer before that and they'll be able to tell you.

Greg

Yes, Greg is right ... even though they knew that I was going to be delayed they waited until around the 90 day mark to officially notify me by registered mail ...

Now that they've actually started my house, I'm not so annoyed by the delay anymore lol ... I'm just happy to see some action!