HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: second floor laundry
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:53 pm 

Hi Pilgram
Just wondering but does your second floor laundry have a drain in the floor.
In case of a leak.
My house will have second floor laundry and i don't think we will get one!

Thanks
Lloyd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:39 pm 

Hi there, Phase 2 Powell owners here. We also have no regrets about the door to garage and pantry/desk combo. We did not opt for fireplace/media niche. One thing we did was extend the part of the wall separating great room and LR/DR that goes from floor to ceiling. We extended it by 2 feet to accommodate a large entertainment unit in the great room corner.

Our 36 foot lot has gravel on one side and grass with a gate to our fenced backyard on the other.

Good luck!

Jen E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:44 pm 

Hi there, Phase 2 Powell owners here. We also have no regrets about the door to garage and pantry/desk combo. We did not opt for fireplace/media niche. One thing we did was extend the part of the wall separating great room and LR/DR that goes from floor to ceiling. We extended it by 2 feet to accommodate a large entertainment unit in the great room corner.

Our 36 foot lot has gravel on one side and grass with a gate to our fenced backyard on the other.

Good luck!

Jen E.

Post subject: leaks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:36 pm 

Hi KimberlySingh

Sorry to hear about your problems,As for the second floor laundry it seems that mattamy does not put drains in the floors anymore.
So i will be asking them to put tile up around the wall in the laundry room and also a lip at the door, plus i'm buying a sensor to go under washer to detected any water leaking. Maybe a little overboard but rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks Lloyd

Post subject: Re: Hi Lloyd
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:30 pm 

KimberlySingh wrote:
I didn't realize there was such a thing as a sensor for under the washer. Something I will definitely look into. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kimberly

The sensor detects the water in a catch basin around the washer and either sounds an alarm or shuts your main or washer water valve.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:29 pm 

Hey md,
We have the TV unit in the corner in the same location as the media niche would be. We have a large sofa along the wall facing the kitchen, and a large loveseat across the back against the windows. This plan works, but so does the opposite plan with the sofa against the back and the loveseat along the long wall. We switched it up because we bought an area rug that wasn't the right size and only looks decent with the furniture arranged a certain way (oops!).

The vertical shelf to the right of the fridge IS the pantry! We have that, and the desk.

For privacy, I do recommend extending that bit of wall running floor to ceiling between the dining room from the great room. It's just that much more of a barrier between you sitting in the great room and someone at the front door.

Hope this helps!
8) Jen

If you want to have a look sometime, PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:51 pm 

Hey MD...so fun! I'm glad you saw some examples, that really helps. We are actually in a Phase II Powell ("mature" neighbourhood now). We're in the area kind of behind the plaza. Our lot 309 is the new house we're waiting for. It's framed so we spend lots of time over there too!
Jen E. :)