HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:42 pm 

I recently purchased the windmere model in phase 7 of Hawthorne village. ..being a first time buyer. .I welcome all sorts of advices n suggestions. ..also would love to discuss all steps, upgrades , prices. .share pics with time :D...
Thanx :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm 

We got the same model in phase 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 am 

pablo wrote:
I recently purchased the windmere model in phase 7 of Hawthorne village. ..being a first time buyer. .I welcome all sorts of advices n suggestions. ..also would love to discuss all steps, upgrades , prices. .share pics with time :D...
Thanx :)

Hey pablo, theres actually a lot of pics and info on the forum on the Windmere per se. :)

Just search for "Woodlily", "Wood lily", or "plan 12"

Those were the similar (with slight variances but about 90% the same) models to this releases "Windmere"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm 

Hey Jeff Dee..im so excited to hear that...yeah I figured it out lately that its the same model as woodlily with slight changes...thanx for the info...when is your closing. ..any visits to the design center yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:01 pm 

No problem!

The Wood Lily has the best layout in my opinion, and we've been eyeing it since the earlier phases. My closing is September 25th so it's still a long way. I went to the DC on a Saturday since it's an open house/walk-in, as with Wednesday evenings, but we don't have an official DC appointment scheduled yet or a Windmere price list.

They give group tours at the DC (we joined a 2pm one) where they show you what is standard and whats an upgrade. It really helps with the planning :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:33 pm 

Hey Jeff Dee....our closing is in late August...thanx for the info on DC...will definitely go there :)
And fill you in details..... :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 pm 

Still no call to pick up the DC package yet :/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 pm 

Hey Jeff Dee...I had my DC appointment yesterday...I took a good 4.5 hrs...my DC is Coretta anf shez really nice..helped me with a lot of selections...hope all goes well....oh yeah n I deleted the knee wall in the den...its gonna b a smooth wall now..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:52 pm 

pablo wrote:
Hey Jeff Dee...I had my DC appointment yesterday...I took a good 4.5 hrs...my DC is Coretta anf shez really nice..helped me with a lot of selections...hope all goes well....oh yeah n I deleted the knee wall in the den...its gonna b a smooth wall now..

That's awesome. I still have not got me DC booklet yet :(

So you're getting a solid, closed off wall in the den now? How much did that cost?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm 

Yup..its a solid smooth wall..no charge...initially I tried putting pot lights there..but then my hubby asked if v cud close it completely..n she said yes...so that is definitely a better option..giving u more walls in the living..n again mote privacy in the den :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm 

pablo wrote:
Yup..its a solid smooth wall..no charge...initially I tried putting pot lights there..but then my hubby asked if v cud close it completely..n she said yes...so that is definitely a better option..giving u more walls in the living..n again mote privacy in the den :)

Did you change the upstairs kneewall to rails and pickets? If so, how much did that cost as well?

(sorry for the price questions...I don't have the price book yet)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:37 pm 

No prob Jeff Dee....anytime
..I did change the knee wall to railing
..but I didn't upgrade to metal pickets..the standard pickets cost me 1100!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:59 am 

Does any know if the two steps in the foyer will be hardwood and be stained the same colour as the hardwood ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 am 

Aaa wrote:
Does any know if the two steps in the foyer will be hardwood and be stained the same colour as the hardwood ?

Ours are hardwood and matched our hardwood stairs stain in phase 6. So it should in your case...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:10 pm 

WRX04 wrote:
Aaa wrote:

Ours are hardwood and matched our hardwood stairs stain in phase 6. So it should in your case...

Hi Aaa - We have a step in our foyer in our Kingsbridge (on the plan it says DN IF REQ'D) and we asked about it during our frame walk today. Our builder told us our step would be carpet. I'm assuming if you have hardwood stairs, this stair will be hardwood, and if you have carpet on your staircase, then you will get carpet on this step.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017