HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 am 

Thanks guys. Our main floor is hardwood so hope the stairs in our foyer is hardwood as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:22 pm 

So turns out that the den has two bulk heads on opp walls...and the dining has two bulkheads in l.shape.

So does the powder room...

The plans only said the kitchen. ..
Anyone else has the same issue or my house is the only one ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:38 am 

lalexa wrote:
WRX04 wrote:
Aaa wrote:
Does any know if the two steps in the foyer will be hardwood and be stained the same colour as the hardwood ?

Ours are hardwood and matched our hardwood stairs stain in phase 6. So it should in your case...

Hi Aaa - We have a step in our foyer in our Kingsbridge (on the plan it says DN IF REQ'D) and we asked about it during our frame walk today. Our builder told us our step would be carpet. I'm assuming if you have hardwood stairs, this stair will be hardwood, and if you have carpet on your staircase, then you will get carpet on this step.

I had this question myself -- looks like many of the "DN IF REQ'D" models do, in fact, have a couple of steps in the entry way... my model included. I was in a few different models over in phase 7 that are the same as mine... some with carpeted stairs and some with hardwood stairs... all of them seemed to get hardwood stairs, stained to match the floors, in the entry way. Hopefully that is the case for phase 3 as well. My main stairs are carpet... but I feel it would be really weird to go from tile to 2 carpeted stairs to laminate on the main floor. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am 

Pablo,

Check out phase 3 - i didnt see any bulkheads in Den for windmere.

Lot 5 is a windmere and its almost complete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm 

Thanx Aaa..will do !!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:16 pm 

aboss wrote:
I had this question myself -- looks like many of the "DN IF REQ'D" models do, in fact, have a couple of steps in the entry way... my model included. I was in a few different models over in phase 7 that are the same as mine... some with carpeted stairs and some with hardwood stairs... all of them seemed to get hardwood stairs, stained to match the floors, in the entry way. Hopefully that is the case for phase 3 as well. My main stairs are carpet... but I feel it would be really weird to go from tile to 2 carpeted stairs to laminate on the main floor. Ugh.

I agree aboss, tile to carpet to laminate would not look very nice... Plus, I'm sure light coloured carpet so close to the front door would get fairly dirty.

During our Frame Walk, we didn't have our step yet. When we asked about it, we were told that our stair would be carpet because we ordered carpet for our main stairs. However, now that they've installed our step, it looks to be hardwood. It's not stained yet so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's wood.. just by the way it looks, and the fact that it was completely covered in plastic (for protection I'm assuming). I'm really glad that it won't actually be carpet!

**Edit: We went by our house tonight, and our little step has been stained to match our laminate. That answers that question! :D

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:36 pm 
Hi windmere owners,

We purchased a windmere in the new Hawthorne south village release. Haven't been to the DC centre yet but for those who purchased in the last release was white maple shaker cabinets standard? If not, what is the price to upgrade? Did anyone do stacked cabinets and what's the price ?
Also what is the price to upgrade the hardwood to the hand scraped type for the whole main floor?

Thanks for your response in advance! We are deciding if we should change our exterior choice to the siding/brick and put that $15k to do more upgrades especially the ones mentioned above. We drove by a windmere with siding/brick and it looks great!