HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lucan Corner Owners
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:35 pm 

Aaa wrote:
SnS86 wrote:
With above cabinet lighting I am happy not to have bulkheads. At this point if your cofferee ceiling is framed you should be able to tell if your getting bulkheads.

Our homes were not wrapped in the blue sheets in Phase 3...is this only for winter builds?

I noticed the blue wrapping too and wondered why they didn't use it for phase 3.

I see other builders using this blue or pink wrapping but it was not used in phase 3. Now I am curious .

I have 2 guesses. Either they are using 2x4 studs (vs 2x6 used on phase 3 I believe) or because the houses in phase 3 were made to 2011 energy specification (same reason we have R40 insulation in the attic when the OBC states R50).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:34 pm 

They are using 2x6 studs on phase 17 homes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:04 am 

Hi Lucan Owners...
I've been staulking this blog for a while and can finally post as one of you. Just bought my Lucan, craftsman elevation in Hawthorne South. Soo happy! But now it's decision making time. I can't find one picture of the alternative kitchen. I love the openness of the island but the lack of counter and uppers I can't get over. Does anyone have a pic of there alternative kitchen so I can see what the breakfast bar and counters look like.
Really appreciate any help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm 

Miltonlily,

If you PM me your email I can send you some photos of the alternate kitchen...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:22 pm 

Hi guys
Quick questions for all of you that have already moved in and have a kitchen island , do you have a knee wall in front of it ?
We order faux doors for the island and design consultant was telling us that there is no knee wall in front of the island , but all the houses I have looked during construction had it.(standard kitchen layout )
ps if anybody needs prices for upgrades and doesn't have DC booklet feel free to ask

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:29 pm 

All the standard layouts I saw in milton had the Kneewall facing the great room, usually cause a cold air return was positioned in it. However from the Brampton Mount Pleasant Phase they did not have a knee wall.

If you can have them confirm and sign off no Kneewall will be used that would be your best bet.

Also get them to sign off you will get counter depth Fridge Gables cause most of us are getting screwed with the Cabinet Depth crap they cheaped out with.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:42 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
All the standard layouts I saw in milton had the Kneewall facing the great room, usually cause a cold air return was positioned in it. However from the Brampton Mount Pleasant Phase they did not have a knee wall.

If you can have them confirm and sign off no Kneewall will be used that would be your best bet.

Also get them to sign off you will get counter depth Fridge Gables cause most of us are getting screwed with the Cabinet Depth crap they cheaped out with.

Hi SnS86 thanks for speedy reply

She was convincing me that she newer saw a knee wall in front of island while I had pictures to prove :)
Anyways on the drawings what we signed off there is no knee wall so keeping my fingers crossed.

As far as it goes for fridge gables thanks for the tip, didn't even thought about that, will call tomorrow to confirm as we are still in the 7 days time frame from DC appointment ad can do some changes

Cheers
Harvey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:21 pm 

Also a good tip cause Matty and the tile company are going back and forth, for the glass shower enclosure the plans we signed show the front curb is suppose to be tiles, but from all the homes we saw including ours not front curb tiled. now it's a pointing fingers match...I still have to followup.

See if you can get them to make sure they pay the tile company to tile the front curb.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:59 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
Also a good tip cause Matty and the tile company are going back and forth, for the glass shower enclosure the plans we signed show the front curb is suppose to be tiles, but from all the homes we saw including ours not front curb tiled. now it's a pointing fingers match...I still have to followup.

See if you can get them to make sure they pay the tile company to tile the front curb.

Thx again
Harvey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 pm 

We had our frame-walk the other day and was surprised to see the range hood fan is not centered. While this is understandable if it would be covered by cabinets - I have deleted the cabinets and extended the back-splash to the ceiling at the design center appointment - these upgrades are completely pointless if the exhaust is not centered.
The builder is claiming this is as per drawing - i do not recall any drawing pointing out the range exhaust location. Any advise ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm 

Show the how to use a measuring tape.
Seriously though, this is not something a home owner should go through. It is common sense that it should be centered. I would contact your customer service rep and tell the this as well as the construction manager.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:32 pm 

Sometimes they can't because there is something in the way, like a stud or other obstruction and the guy doing the work just assumes you'll have a cabinet so the exact position doesn't matter. I'd call the construction manager directly and not deal with customer service - if you talk to them you'll have to waste your time explaining the problem and they can't do anything about it until they contact the construction office anyway. The on-site guys will know immediately and be able to address your concern or tell you why they can't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 pm 

If you have the alternate kitchen it won't be centred. But yes call construction manager caus at least your house is not bricked yet.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm 

my closing got pushed from aug 27 to nov 18. i figured because my lot has the mattamy construction office on it, and with other lot's being delayed, that office still needs to be erect?. still bummed, wanted sod this season... womp womp

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 am 

Dj, which phase are you in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next