HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lucan Corner Owners
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm 

Noblez wrote:
dj_idolize, if I may ask, what phase are you from? we are from south village and believe its a long wait until design centre. Just wondering what phase are they scheduling for design centre. and do you know if stairs vary in each elevation. thanks.

i'm in phaze 17 but one of the last ones... my closing is august 27/15 provided no delays... we bought elevation F, i let the wifey choose the exterior and come to think of it majority of the interior lol but yea ele F with the stone stucco outside... my design apt is this wed. so i'll definitely raise these questions... if you have any other questions that come to mind which can't be answered, i'll be more than welcome to pick at the design centre's brain.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
I'm sure you could try to specify it. For our house we had to request after closing to have 2 posts at the top of the stairs.

And I just realized your pics are with normal kitchen so I guess that version is dry walled for the partition.

we have the regular, island kitchen, if that pic is the case for our kitchen i hope i can removed that half wall...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:58 pm 

The duct work for the 2nd floor master bedroom runs up that wall in our house. As well as the thermostat.

If possible I would see if Mattamy would mount the nest thermostat at the entrance so it senses when you arrive home. Also if they can plumb the furnace exhaust to the front of the house under the closet window beside the powder room rather than how they piped it for us beside the garden door.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm 

dj_idolize wrote:
Noblez wrote:
dj_idolize, if I may ask, what phase are you from? we are from south village and believe its a long wait until design centre. Just wondering what phase are they scheduling for design centre. and do you know if stairs vary in each elevation. thanks.

i'm in phaze 17 but one of the last ones... my closing is august 27/15 provided no delays... we bought elevation F, i let the wifey choose the exterior and come to think of it majority of the interior lol but yea ele F with the stone stucco outside... my design apt is this wed. so i'll definitely raise these questions... if you have any other questions that come to mind which can't be answered, i'll be more than welcome to pick at the design centre's brain.

if you meant the exterior as bricks, you cannot choose it as it will be pre determined.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:27 pm 

Carl wrote:
dj_idolize wrote:
Noblez wrote:

if you meant the exterior as bricks, you cannot choose it as it will be pre determined.

Never questioned about bricks being choosen. that i've come to learn. all i'm saying is my elevation "F" has Stone Stucco with the bricks as all four elevations have brick incorporated for the exterior, some with siding, some with all brick and one with stone stucco...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 pm 

SnS86 wrote:
Yup we have a 6 seater rectangle table there now with more than enough room to walk around and open the door. But maybe not open the door all the way open, but enough to walk in and out.

But as I mentioned not sure if the dining room is slightly smaller in the other elevations, that is why I am interested to see the specific floor plans.

we have elevation C, but the width 9' is same for all floor plans, i think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 pm 

I meant more for the other direction. We have the width of the table across the 9' and the length of the table the 12' section.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm 

dj_idolize, where is phase 17? didnt know about it. Thanks, can you ask at the design what kind of stairs will we be getting and will it be the same for all elevations or different. I am hoping to get railing all the way on one side, the plan i saw under construction did not have any railing and that look very unappealing. whats your elevation? we ave Craftsman model dont know what elevation that will be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:18 pm 

Craftsman is B, Georgian is C, Victorian is D, and English Manor is F.

Craftsman is good cause you still get the vaulted ceilings, which makes the rooms feel more open, at least the family room. I think all the railing will be like I show in my pic below, that's what I have seen at least, however maybe you can request the way dj_idolize showed. By code you need to have a railing over 3 steps so the house you saw may have not had it in yet. See pics below of our stairs, and the rooms with the vaulted ceiling from another build.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:42 pm 

Thanks Sns86. Good to know Craftsman has vaulted ceiling, plus I also think it has a foot more space in dinning area as you mentioning about. Whats the color of your hardwood, I think we have the same one but your seems much brighter with a little red in it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:46 pm 

The colour was urban brown by Satin Finish. Love the look, but not a fan of seeing the dirt on the stairs...lol...not a big deal though.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:59 pm 

Noblez wrote:
dj_idolize, where is phase 17? didnt know about it. Thanks, can you ask at the design what kind of stairs will we be getting and will it be the same for all elevations or different. I am hoping to get railing all the way on one side, the plan i saw under construction did not have any railing and that look very unappealing. whats your elevation? we ave Craftsman model dont know what elevation that will be.

well now that i saw and know how both railings look, both to be quite honest look fine to me...

as far as elevation, apparently F is English Manor. phase 17 was the phase just before south village opened... phase 17 is on Yates just off Louis St Laurent. If you google map "Yates and Hepburn milton" you'll see phase 17....

and i will ask about the railing!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 pm 

Noblez wrote:

i just looked at my design guide book which shows only my elevation inside and out, and at a closer look it does show the railing for my elevation as the one going up on the left side exactly like the pic i posted. i don't know if Sns86 still has there design guide book with there elevation but in my guide its the one piece.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 pm 

My book shows the same thing on the left side with the kink, but it's not what the carpenter installed.

I think it's easier for the carpenter to do the straight railing that is why many houses have them from what I've seen. vs making the kink takes a few more cuts to make, just my 2 cents.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:19 am 

We are in phase 17 and have railing on the left side only. Also saw other lucan there and it has the same only on the left side. They are two posts at the top of the stairs. One on each side. Picture is too big to upload but will try to resize after.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next