HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Nobleton owners
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm 

Hey Nobleton7, we were told by the design centre that there would be a bulk head in the kitchen and we never thought to question it. I would prefer no bulk head but didn't think we had a say in the matter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:15 pm 

During our decor appt we were told to go through the builders. Did you have a preconstruction meeting? That would be the best time to ask.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:12 pm 

Had our frame walk, everything looked good, consistent with our expectations. Just about a month away from closing...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 am 

We had a chance to see our half built home this weekend and was surprised to find that the top floor balcony is on the left side (We have chosen the Nobleton plan with balcony). So when we are facing the house its on the left side, unlike the floorplan where it showed on right side. They have switched the side. It seems rather odd to me and not right as I have always seen house with right hand balcony. Can someone let me know if its only me who is thinking this, a balcony always looks better on right side. How can they switch the sides like that. I will have to speak to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:26 am 

When you signed you agreement, they should have let you know that your home is a mirror image; however it is in the fine print that your home can be a mirror image.

If your garage is on the left of your house, then your balcony will be on the left of the house.

If your garage is on the Right and your balcony is on the left then someone messed up huge...

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:37 pm 

Garage is on the same side as balcony, but we feel that balcony and garage always look better on right side. Atleast I have seen all the houses with right side balcony. Will speak to them. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm 

IZM wrote:
Garage is on the same side as balcony, but we feel that balcony and garage always look better on right side. Atleast I have seen all the houses with right side balcony. Will speak to them. Thanks

You have a mirror image....nothing you can do about it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm 

they have designed the houses so that 1 side of the street has houses facing one way, and the other side of the street has houses facing the other way. Unfortunately we have no options when it comes to this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 pm 

Has anyone closed yet? Any surprises? We are about a month away and can't wait to see the finished product. I noticed we do have bulk heads in our kitchen, but we were expecting those based on our DC appt, no big deal really, only above the Fridge (along that wall).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:32 pm 

Hi All.. I'm a new nobelton owner, and my closing is in September. My question for current owners is, is the kitchen really that small? I didn't get the chef's kitchen upgrade because I didn't like the layout it was doing to the main floor. Anyone have any ideas if at the design center you can ask for more counter space or more cabinets in the kitchen?

If anyone has any pictures they could share of their nobletons I would greatly appreciate it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:01 pm 

unfortunately the counter space is less with your model. You would have probably better off if you have updated to alternate Kitchen, but you choose not to do so as it involves less space for other areas. Also it is too late to ask for design centre.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 pm 

Thanks Carl. I understand but I'm just wondering if when I have my appointment with the design Center can I do upgrades that will result in wider or more depth countertops? I know cabinets are a possibility but I just want to understand what can be done for the counters at the design Center.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:07 am 

Any Nobleton owners out there in HSV phase #1? Somehow I get the feeling I'm the only one who purchased this model in this phase lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 am 

ssqmm wrote:
Any Nobleton owners out there in HSV phase #1? Somehow I get the feeling I'm the only one who purchased this model in this phase lol.

Not the only one! :)

We purchased the model with the chefs kitchen & bath oasis. Just wishing our closing wasn't delayed to Feb!
t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:37 pm 

cailabaker wrote:
ssqmm wrote:

Not the only one! :)

We purchased the model with the chefs kitchen & bath oasis. Just wishing our closing wasn't delayed to Feb!
t

Nice! Glad to know there is someone else out there too :)

Yea we got the Chef's Kitchen as well. The original kitchen layout seems so small. Did you do any other major structural upgrades (4th bedroom, etc?)

By the way, on an interesting note.. the same model was being sold by Mattamy in Brampton in Feb for $447,000. They just did a new phase release in brampton last weekend and now the model is selling for $517,000. Which means expect this model to be around $560,000 (in milton) at least when it goes for sale in the new upcoming releases in the fall.