HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:30 pm 

Thank you all for your advice and the pic! It looks great btw :) Thats good to know that the upper crown moulding will fill that space up to bulkhead. I think we will do a kitchen upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:37 pm 

Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new to this forum. We purchased a Renfrew FC Elevation in HSV Phase 9 and we'll be having our DC Appointment in the next few weeks. As this is our first house, I would highly appreciate if you guys could share some of the upgrades that you went with for your Renfrew.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm 

Congrats on the purchase, great layout, ours closes soon, here is some of the upgrades we did...Grande kitchen, rough in under cabinet lighting, hardwood floor level 3, hardwood upstairs, quartz counter-top in kitchen, railing in lieu of kneewall, fire place, upgraded fireplace mantle, pot lights on main floor, super shower, cold room in basement...there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 am 

We're back from our DC appt! We had Collette and had a great experience :D

The final list goes:
-replace knee wall, upgrade to metal pickets
-sous kitchen, gas rough in for stove, fridge cold water line
-faux doors on island & end cabinets - cost as much as upgrading from sous to executive but I liked more
-quartz countertops - looked into doing this after closing but Mattamy's price was comparable
-upgrade sink & faucet
-ensuite: increase vanity height, full size mirror
-ensuite shower enclosure - we did not do the super shower architectural upgrade but we planned to change the bathtub to a glass shower after closing. Chose this upgrade instead, costs $3000 to place a shower pan, wall & ceiling tiles & a pot light.
-upgraded floor tile in foyer/powder rm/garage entry & extended hardwood into kitchen/breakfast area
-removed mirror in powder rm
-upgraded carpet underpad upstairs
-carrara doors & step trim
-smooth ceilings
-relocated cable & phone upstairs from master to loft since we don't watch TV in our bedroom
-relocated a couple lights in dining area & kitchen
-upgraded closet doors to mirror sliders in bedrooms 2 & 3
-1 capped electrical box & separate switch in living room (is this needed for adding pot lights later? it wasn't much anyway)
-rough in for 2 pendants over island
-conduit from basement to attic

Backsplash, changing hood fan, pot lights, security system, & paint will be done after closing. Upgrading bathroom countertops later. There's a few things I'm still thinking about so feedback welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 am 

Thanks a lot for the quick response Hansel / Panda. May I ask what was the approximate cost for all these upgrades just so I prepare myself before the Appointment? :)
A couple of questions:
Does anyone know if the bulkhead in the Kitchen can be deleted?
Did anyone go with an upgraded cabinet line in the Kitchen (Viking Premium/Classic etc... as opposed to the standard Viking?)
I would have thought that Quartz/Granite from after market would have been cheaper but it seems many people are going with Mattamy for that. Same for pot lights, as I've seen many people getting it done after closing.
Thanks once again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 am 

Asterik wrote:
Thanks a lot for the quick response Hansel / Panda. May I ask what was the approximate cost for all these upgrades just so I prepare myself before the Appointment? :)
A couple of questions:
Did anyone go with an upgraded cabinet line in the Kitchen (Viking Premium/Classic etc... as opposed to the standard Viking?)
I would have thought that Quartz/Granite from after market would have been cheaper but it seems many people are going with Mattamy for that. Same for pot lights, as I've seen many people getting it done after closing.
Thanks once again!

When we were going through the design book & making our must have/could do without list it ranged from $10-25k lol. The big ticket items are the kitchen, the stairs, & the shower for us.
Collette told us the bulkhead cannot be deleted in any Renfrew.
We upgraded our cabinets to Classic line.
If you check with contractors for countertop prices keep in mind Mattamy's price is for 1.25" (~3 cm) thickness, includes the edge profile & tax.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:35 pm 

Asterik wrote:
A couple of questions:
Thanks once again!

We spent around $30k if you count the architectural upgrades.

Also asked about the bulkhead deletion and they also told me it's a no go on the Renfrew.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm 

Thanks a lot Guys! That was very helpful.

I'm still on the fence with regards to whether I should get the quartz counter-top done from Mattamy or after market.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm 

The slight cost difference, if any, with a different vendor is probably not worth the hassle...you're paying for the convenience with the builder.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:55 am 

Hi Everyone,

I need the approximate dimensions for the counter tops in the kitchen so I can get estimate from other vendors for a quartz installation before deciding if I should go with Mattamy or not.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:56 am 

Asterik wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I need the approximate dimensions for the counter tops in the kitchen so I can get estimate from other vendors for a quartz installation before deciding if I should go with Mattamy or not.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

you can look at the floor plan and count the floor tiles each tile is 1 foot generally

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 pm 

Thanks Eblaz!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 pm 

anyone have any recent pics of this model?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:30 pm 

http://www.fredhelps.com/featured/1233- ... my-renfrew

Btw there is no bulkhead in the kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:39 am 

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next