HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Kingsbridge Model
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:50 pm 

Hello,

Has anyone else on here purchased the Kingsbridge model? We purchased a Kingsbridge Elevation "F" in Phase 7, and we closing at the end of July.

The only architectural change we got was the "Alternate Kitchen Layout." We would love to discuss options and upgrades with other Kingsbridge owners!

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:25 am 

Hi Lauren & Eric,

We purchased Kingsbridge Elevation "B" in Phase 3, closing in November.

We opted for Alt Kitchen Layout, Gas Fireplace and we also got the laundry relocated to the basement.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 pm 

King256 wrote:
Hi Lauren & Eric,

We opted for Alt Kitchen Layout, Gas Fireplace and we also got the laundry relocated to the basement.

King256, it sounds like your house is going to look awesome! I like the location of the fireplace in the alternate layout (just wasn't in our budget). Have you been to the design center yet to pick your finishes?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:56 pm 

lalexa wrote:
King256 wrote:
Hi Lauren & Eric,

King256, it sounds like your house is going to look awesome! I like the location of the fireplace in the alternate layout (just wasn't in our budget). Have you been to the design center yet to pick your finishes?

Yes, we can't wait to see how it looks! We had our design center appointment in March - much earlier than we expected.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 pm 

For anyone who is interested, I found this Kingsbridge Model for lease. There's lot of pictures for anyone wondering what the house actually looks like from the floor plans.

http://www.homefinder.ca/listings/26534 ... o-w2995236

Last edited by lalexa on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 am 

King256 wrote:
lalexa wrote:
King256 wrote:
Hi Lauren & Eric,

Yes, we can't wait to see how it looks! We had our design center appointment in March - much earlier than we expected.

King256,

I'm considering the available layouts for the next phase of the Mattamy 2 story towns and I just had a question about the Kingsbridge model. It sounds like you have made the exact choices I would and was wondering if you know how much space there is above the gas fireplace in between the two windows? I'm concerned about the amount of space to hang a TV since we are planning to upgrade our TV when we move.

Also, when you relocated the laundry to the basement, I assume you gained a Walk in closet in one or both of the bedrooms? I can't seem to find the any pictures of the alternate layouts.

And for all other Kingsbridge owners, Do you find the living room/great room space large enough? Looking at the layouts and estimated room sizes it seems spacious enough but its so hard without seeing anything.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 pm 

CAA wrote:
And for all other Kingsbridge owners, Do you find the living room/great room space large enough? Looking at the layouts and estimated room sizes it seems spacious enough but its so hard without seeing anything.

Hi CAA,

We chose to get the alternative kitchen layout and we're really happy with that choice as our main floor is very open and contemporary-looking.

The living room isn't huge, but I think it's a pretty good size for a townhome. We put a three-seat sofa on the longest wall facing the kitchen, a media unit on the wall opposite the garage, and a 2-seat love seat on the wall with the window.

We also have a coffee table and a side table, and we are planning on purchasing two more accent tables and a floor lamp. So you can pretty much fit everything comfortably. I wouldn't mind a chair for additional seating, but that's the only thing that won't really fit without looking awkward.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:57 am 

lalexa wrote:
CAA wrote:

Hi CAA,

We chose to get the alternative kitchen layout and we're really happy with that choice as our main floor is very open and contemporary-looking.

The living room isn't huge, but I think it's a pretty good size for a townhome. We put a three-seat sofa on the longest wall facing the kitchen, a media unit on the wall opposite the garage, and a 2-seat love seat on the wall with the window.

We also have a coffee table and a side table, and we are planning on purchasing two more accent tables and a floor lamp. So you can pretty much fit everything comfortably. I wouldn't mind a chair for additional seating, but that's the only thing that won't really fit without looking awkward.

Thanks so much, it sounds like enough space for us :) ! I'm going to sound like a bit of a stalker right now, but I've seen pics of your kitchen in another thread and its the same colours and layout I would choose - I love it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:39 pm 

CAA wrote:
I'm concerned about the amount of space to hang a TV since we are planning to upgrade our TV when we move.

Also, when you relocated the laundry to the basement, I assume you gained a Walk in closet in one or both of the bedrooms? I can't seem to find the any pictures of the alternate layouts.

Hi CAA,

I don't have the exact dimensions but you should have enough space to hang a 50-55" TV. You can also go to the Mattamy Design Centre and check out the fireplace there.

We didn't opt for the walk-in closets in two other bedrooms