HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 pm 

Yes, oneil1901 the picture above is meant to be of the 'Cortes' brick colour which is being built at this very moment. :)

--Kyra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 pm 

LEONARKY wrote:
Yes, oneil1901 the picture above is meant to be of the 'Cortes' brick colour which is being built at this very moment. :)

--Kyra
Thanks, I went to look at the "Cortes" brick townhomes today, seems actually different from what I expected, but still nice.

Mattamy is really mixing up their color schemes a bit, a found out a little late that the brochure was only for good for exterior designs, colour are interchangeable.

I noticed a few townhomes at lot 263, I could not figure out the elevation for these...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am 

Yes I completely agree, it's weird having an image in your mind for months and then seeing something different in person. At least the colour is still nice!

--Kyra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:30 pm 

Anyone else notice a red sign on their property regarding the front yard measurements?

--Kyra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:13 pm 

LEONARKY wrote:
Anyone else notice a red sign on their property regarding the front yard measurements?

--Kyra
Leo, what exactly does that red sign mean? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm 

I dropped by because I was curious. Seems like the milton bylaw is that your frontage must be 7.6m and the houses with the signs are less than that. 7.1 or 7.2. Don't quote me cause this is from memory...

Therefore my assumption is the meeting at the city is to approve the houses to be built with less frontage.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:35 pm 

Yes you are correct, but they again say that ours is not affected by it so hopefully it stays that way. They sent us a letter stating that it would just be one of the townhomes on our lot, but not ours. There is another lot with a sign on the opposite corner of Gainer Crescent with multiple red signs, and theirs is to be a lot shorter than by-law.

It seems unfair that they've built homes that will be shorter than they are supposed to be, and then just let it be. There's not much they can do to fix it now that everything is built.

--Kyra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 pm 

If anyone was curious about Leonarky's signage I took a photo a while back.

Table 6C (for RMD1 zones) of Milton's zoning by-law states that Street-Access End Unit townhomes should have a frontage of 7.6m.
Mattamy is having this changed for those units where that doesn't fit.

As per Table 6C all other Street-Access Interior Unit's only needs a frontage of 6.4m. This is the case that would apply for Leonarky's unit as well as my own. For our 24 foot (7.3 meter) wide townhomes its rather trivial for our frontage to be larger than 6.4 meters.

If you're curious as to how frontage calculations are performed for units that are along a curve in the road you can see this in the upper-left example of this reference. I could see frontage being slightly less than 7.6 meters more often for units along curves in the road.
http://www.milton.ca/en/build/resources ... ayout1.pdf

I hope your build keeps progressing smoothly!

[Edit]:
Oh!
One more thing!
How did you find out what Brick type your unit would be? You mentioned the 'Cortes' and a specific manufacturer. I have no idea what my brick is supposed to look like. How do I find out? :D

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 am 

We saw it on the list of upgrades sheet that the Design Centre fills out. I don't quite remember if it was on the sheet that they gave us, or just the list that is posted in the house while they build it. But it for sure is posted in the house while they install everything. If your house is being built right now they should have the upgrades posted in the windows, if so it should say your brick colour.

--Kyra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 pm 

Hi akravator

We called our customer care coordinator and she was able to tell us our brick colour

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 pm 

Heya folks,
Its been a while since we've had some updates here.
I swung by the site today (July 5th) and took some updated photos of an Elevation D (Leonarky's)/Elevation E/Elevation F that are still in progress.

First here's how the D is looking.
Elev D - Front shot:

Elev D - Left shot:

Elev D - Right shot:

Now the Elevation E!

Elev E - Front shot:

Elev E - Right shot:

Now the elevation F!

Elev F - Front shot:

Elev F - Right shot:

I hope everyone's build is progressing smoothly and that the contractors are doing good clean work ;)
Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 am 

Hi there!

I was wondering if any of you would be be willing to post pictures of the interior of your homes now that some of you have closed and moved in? I am a new member, and am hoping to buy in the newest Mattamy development. We are very interested in the Normandale model if its available this time around, but can't seem to find too many pictures of the inside.

I hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:53 pm 

Hey CAA,

Thanks for the bump on this thread.

I had always intended to drop in some complete/near-complete interior photos.

You can see them via this imgur link:

http://imgur.com/a/QZ8Mk
- You can match up my order notes from my second post in this thread to what you see in these images

Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:53 pm 

Akravator wrote:
Hey CAA,

Thanks for the bump on this thread.

I had always intended to drop in some complete/near-complete interior photos.

You can see them via this imgur link:

http://imgur.com/a/QZ8Mk
- You can match up my order notes from my second post in this thread to what you see in these images

Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,

Thank you so much for those pictures! It really helps to see the space. Your place looks fantastic, it makes me really excited to hopefully become part of this community!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:40 pm 

Hey CAA.

Happy to help.

My initial impressions are that the home's layout is really solid. The basement layout is also pretty good for future renos.

The 'downsides' are that main floor closet space is very small (small door by the garage) - I'm combating this by using the front 'den' space as more of a mud-room in n' out area, the powder room is rather tiny, and the second floor laundry room is unfortunately not large enough to accomodate washer/dryer and a sink (as you can see, the sink is in the basement).

If you're happy with those trade-offs I think you can be happy in a Normandale ;)
As you get closer to purchasing time, don't hesitate to ask more questions here.

Cheers,