HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Tweed end
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:39 am 

callmebob wrote:
We have our architecture choice option meeting next week. The only option we are considering is a super shower in the master bedroom. Are the other items like replacing kneewall with posts or replacing coat closet sliding mirror with doors also architecture choice options or are those considered Design Centre options?

What ACO and DC options are considered "must haves" for Tweed End?

Hello callmebob - We were in the same boat about the ACO and only considering the Super Shower. So few things that we found out

- The Super Shower they provide is a full wall enclosure with a small opening of about 2 feet ( They dont have measurements, but said the tiles in the diagram are 12" by 12" in the design )
Image <-- Similar to this without the door ( Door is Extra )

- They are not sure if they can take out the side wall (next to the toilet) completely, or even make it into a half wall
Image <-- This is something we were thinking of doing

- To place a Glass Door in the 2 Feet Opening is about 1K+ and additional cost for placing a half wall glass, considering they can do a half wall next to the toilet.

Not sure why they cannot do a half wall regardless as it is not a load baring wall. We decided to opt out of it for now and considering doing a Glass Enclosure Shower in the future.

You only get the 4 ACO which are under the floor plans - the rest including Knee wall removal in lieu of rails and opt pantry in the kitchen is in the Design Studio

Let us know what other ACO you would be considering.

Hawthorne North Village | Phase 4
Tweed End | Tudor Elevation |

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 pm 

Thank you very much. We would've liked the half wall as well, not crazy about a fully enclosed shower. Did they tell you how much it would be for the super shower in the master bath alone? The other ACO options (stop and drop, office/flex space and double master) don't really appeal to us so it's either the super shower in the master bath or nothing.

When we booked they advised we get $5K in design choices, I'm assuming that's at the design centre meeting where we can use it for things lik pickets or kitchen upgrades? Can I find the price list for this posted somewhere so I can review well in advance of the design centre meeting?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:21 am 

callmebob wrote:
Thank you very much. We would've liked the half wall as well, not crazy about a fully enclosed shower. Did they tell you how much it would be for the super shower in the master bath alone? The other ACO options (stop and drop, office/flex space and double master) don't really appeal to us so it's either the super shower in the master bath or nothing.

When we booked they advised we get $5K in design choices, I'm assuming that's at the design centre meeting where we can use it for things lik pickets or kitchen upgrades? Can I find the price list for this posted somewhere so I can review well in advance of the design centre meeting?

When we booked they advised we get $5K in design choices, I'm assuming that's at the design centre meeting where we can use it for things lik pickets or kitchen upgrades? Can I find the price list for this posted somewhere so I can review well in advance of the design centre meeting?[/quote]

Would def suggest to go there on your appointed day to get a better idea for the supershower - when we were there they couldn't give us the price or even guarantee that they could do a half wall/no wall, and how much extra it would cost.

The Super Shower alone in the Master is about 2100/-CAD ( Just for the wall enclosure)
Full Glass Door is about 1200-1300/- CAD
There is another kind of door which I dont remember the material but is about 700/-CAD

In your Mattamy Folder ( White One ) - you should have a paper which gives you the prices for ACO for Tweed End and also another paper for other Design upgrades such as , Electricals , WindowPane . Dont worry if you dont have them in the folder - they can provide it to you once you go for your ACO appointment.

For the Design options including Knee wall removal - they are all taken care of at the design centre. They should be sending out a booklet with all the options and hopefully the prices prior to your appointment date.

Did you get a Tweed End in Phase 4 ?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 pm 

Yes we purchased a tweed end in phase 4. I went for the ACO today and selected the super shower in he master bath for $2100. The rep said they could do a half wall and glass door and these could be selected at the design centre. I asked for the design centre pricing sheet and she said it would be provided prior to the design centre meeting. We will likely only select basic upgrades or things we can't do ourselves later using mostly the $5k they are giving us, I'd like to minimize out of pocket expenses prior to closing. Are there must have design items that I should definitely seek to get on a tweed end?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:37 pm 

callmebob wrote:
Yes we purchased a tweed end in phase 4. I went for the ACO today and selected the super shower in he master bath for $2100. The rep said they could do a half wall and glass door and these could be selected at the design centre. I asked for the design centre pricing sheet and she said it would be provided prior to the design centre meeting. We will likely only select basic upgrades or things we can't do ourselves later using mostly the $5k they are giving us, I'd like to minimize out of pocket expenses prior to closing. Are there must have design items that I should definitely seek to get on a tweed end?

We are still going through our Design Guide and Thinking about Changing the Stairs and Main Floor to HardWood ( Including Kitchen ) - Do you know if you are able to upgrade the appliance e.g. Fridge ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:44 pm 

We had our design meeting and went with the following upgrades:
Oak hardwood stairs with square chamfered pickets
Removed kneewalls
Two pedestal lights over kitchen island
Main floor and third floor hallway laminate instead of carpet
Sous kitchen upgrade
Microwave with hood fan

Already ordered super shower in main bath