HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Future "Angus" owners?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
Anyone else purchase the Angus model? Getting excited to pick upgrades eventually :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
Hi, we are planning to get the angus also... Do you know how much is the property tax?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
risny wrote:
Hi, we are planning to get the angus also... Do you know how much is the property tax?


Although I don't know for certain, I'm thinking it will fall between $4000-$4500/year.

Are you planning on purchasing soon?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
Thanks, Whitney74 :)

This coming Saturday we will go there early to check the available lot.

We called the city they said it's calculated by how much is the selling priceof your house.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
Did you also upgrade second floor to hardwood?

By any chance would you know how much to upgrade:
Smooth ceiling
Kitchen Cabinets

Thank you again :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
Hi risny,

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers to your questions because Mattamy has not yet prepared our design book with the prices for such upgrades.

Good luck with the purchase!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:56 pm
Posts: 571
I bought a Lancastrr model and main floor smooth ceiling was $1100, second floor hardwood in the hallway was $1300. Hope it gives you an idea.. I know your model is a bit bigger

_________________
Hawthorne South Village


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
Hi whitney74, did you get any architectural design?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
We selected the vaulted ceiling in the great room and also the alternate kitchen (this was a tough decision, there were pros and cons to both layouts). Those were the only ones we picked. The tray ceiling in the master would have been nice, but it was too expensive to justify. I think we will really blow through our budget for interior design options, so we tried to stay conservative with the architects options.

Did you buy over the weekend? Which elevation do you prefer? Which architects options are you considering?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
Good Am Whitney74, yes we went last Friday to get the last lot open.
I'm just glad we got there early because another Family was trying to buy that lot.

I'm thinking of getting the rough in for the basement and 3rd bath second floor and relocate laundry basement. I'm having second thoughts about tray ceiling.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm
Posts: 339
I am all about relocating the Laundry to basement! We have done it to with our purchase. Instaed of opting for the third bath we just added another closet. I really didnt want another bathroom to clean lol.

_________________
HSV Phase 2
Dundas Model - English Manor
April 21, 2015 Closing Date
Connaught Terrace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
risny wrote:
Good Am Whitney74, yes we went last Friday to get the last lot open.
I'm just glad we got there early because another Family was trying to buy that lot.

I'm thinking of getting the rough in for the basement and 3rd bath second floor and relocate laundry basement. I'm having second thoughts about tray ceiling.


Congratulations on your purchase! Glad to have another Angus buyer in the neighbourhood :)

Upgrades are very personal and need to suit your lifestyle/situation. If you plan on finishing your basement, a rough-in would be great to have. We didn't opt for the 3rd bath upstairs because it's only the two of us living in the home. People with children or extended family living together would perhaps benefit from this upgrade. Good luck with your choices!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
whitney74 wrote:
risny wrote:
Good Am Whitney74, yes we went last Friday to get the last lot open.
I'm just glad we got there early because another Family was trying to buy that lot.

I'm thinking of getting the rough in for the basement and 3rd bath second floor and relocate laundry basement. I'm having second thoughts about tray ceiling.


Congratulations on your purchase! Glad to have another Angus buyer in the neighbourhood :)

Upgrades are very personal and need to suit your lifestyle/situation. If you plan on finishing your basement, a rough-in would be great to have. We didn't opt for the 3rd bath upstairs because it's only the two of us living in the home. People with children or extended family living together would perhaps benefit from this upgrade. Good luck with your choices!



Thanks, Whitney :)
My kids are very excited. I heard from the sales agent there are 4 angus model home in our area got sold.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 pm
Posts: 118
It's great that there will be a few more Angus models out there. Which elevation did you choose?

When's your closing date? Ours is March 30th. I'm excited to see the first one go up!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 47
after reading all the comments here we can't pick our own bricks colour we decided to get the FC.

Our closing date April 14th but, hoping to get delay at least 2months :) I don't know what to do with my kids school.

Did you receive your design booklet?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.073s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]