HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shelburne model
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am 

Anyone here have pictures or info on the Shelburne model. We recently bought this model and it won't be ready until July and would really love to see what the inside looks like. I have searched every where and cannot find any pictures or reviews about this model.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Shelburne model
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm 

My parents purchased this house in Phase 3. They had a tough time picturing the split level, and having the garage located in the basement. The Mattamy sales rep suggested that we go to the Oakville Sales center to take a look at their open house - Snowberry. Very similar layout as the Shelburne Model. Given the Snowberry is bigger in sq but same concept. Check it out :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm 

kmjosi wrote:
My parents purchased this house in Phase 3. They had a tough time picturing the split level, and having the garage located in the basement. The Mattamy sales rep suggested that we go to the Oakville Sales center to take a look at their open house - Snowberry. Very similar layout as the Shelburne Model. Given the Snowberry is bigger in sq but same concept. Check it out :)

yup. Mattamy has had 2 almost identical layouts as the Shelburne before.

Only difference is the sq ft of some of the rooms.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 pm 

Thanks all.

So it is safe to assume that the Shelburne is a new model and offered for the first time?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 pm 

There is a Shelburne up for sale for those who are interested in seeing pictures - MLS #2087946

I love it even more now that I have seen the pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:46 pm 

I came across another Shelburne that was put on the market. The basement has 9 foots ceilings and the owner says this was not an upgrade. This is the first I have heard of that. Does anyone else know if this model comes with 9ft ceilings in the basement?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:45 pm 

We got Shelburne model and are debating if we should have 9ft ceiling on the second floor any one went for this option? , I know high ceiling opens up the space (visually) however struggling with the price 11K. Any suggestions / feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:33 pm 

We struggled with this same question. In the end we decided to go with the 9 foot ceilings for our Elmira. We haven't moved in yet, but are really excited to see how they turn out. In making this decision, I used two key sources. First, there have been several past posts on here where people have debated this exact question; reading these have been helpful. Second, we visited a few open houses. Oakville specifically seems to have several with 9 foot ceilings. I found that the 9 foot ceilings made even small spaces appear large. I also LOVED how much it opened up the second floor, including what appeared to be bigger windows. In the end it's a personal choice though. There are so many potential upgrades that it can be difficult to narrow down the key ones.

Here's an example of past forum posts that you might find helpful

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41176&hilit=9+foot+ceilings

Milton1 wrote:
We got Shelburne model and are debating if we should have 9ft ceiling on the second floor any one went for this option? , I know high ceiling opens up the space (visually) however struggling with the price 11K. Any suggestions / feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:52 pm 

Milton1 wrote:

Thanks

I purchased the Shelburne and was told 9' ceilings on the second floor were not available for this model.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm 

Hi SP

It is available, they added later on it doesn't show up on the Architectural options. Send them a note / call, if you are interested.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 pm 

If anyone has the latest design centre prices and option for Shelburne and can share that will be great. Understand prices might change by the time our turn comes however wanted to view for estimate purposes.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:36 pm 

It would be appreciated if someone had the design booklet to share :)

Thanks in advance!