HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:37 pm 

Rosaj, you'll have to let me know the best times to go to the site. I'm dying to walk through a Woodstock! Since my closing is not until May (or later) I have a long way too go!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:57 pm 

Thanks Rosaj2!!!! That's great! We would actually like the sunken foyer so hoping that the "if req'd" applies to us also!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:52 am 

rosaj2 wrote:
vannar14 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

We just purchased Woodstock (Ravine lot) on Hinton T and had some questions about the house. Its our first house and we are extremely confused:

- Did anyone buy the Tudor. We are torn between Tudor and EM.
- We have a pre-approval from RBC. Do we need a firm approval; Mattamy only asked for the pre-approval, but RBC is advising for us to get it.
- Does anyone know where design center is located. I know the hours but not sure of the location.
- Is there a requirement to pay 35% of the upgrade costs before closing and rest can be added to the mortgage?
- Are cable/telephone outlets pre-determined?
- What do the numbers in bracket mean? (Example for our open concept; the dining room is 15.5x12'6 (14').

Thank you in advance for your help.

Congratulations on your purchase Vannar14,

I can answer your questions in order of points

- I would personally go with English manor when comparing the two because it has more and bigger windows on the front but both are nice.
- Preapproval is all you need from a bank just make sure they book you a builder rate.
- DC is located on steels as mentioned above.
- Yes 35 % over 3 months or at once with rest added to mortgage. You can also pay everything upfront.
- cable/telephone outlets are predetermined but you can relocate them at no cost
- the numbers in the brackets mean depending on what elevation you choose some rooms may have a slight measurement change.

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Are the cable/electrical outlets relocations done during Decor center appointments. Lastly, is the 35% only for the decor center options or it includes the architectural choices as well. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:00 am 

Hi Vannar14,

The cable/phone relocations are done during the design appointment. And the 35% is only for your decor options. The architect choices are added onto to your purchase price as soon as you chose them. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:21 am 

vannar14 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

We just purchased Woodstock (Ravine lot) on Hinton T and had some questions about the house. Its our first house and we are extremely confused:

- We have a pre-approval from RBC. Do we need a firm approval; Mattamy only asked for the pre-approval, but RBC is advising for us to get it.
- Does anyone know where design center is located. I know the hours but not sure of the location.
- Is there a requirement to pay 35% of the upgrade costs before closing and rest can be added to the mortgage?
- What do the numbers in bracket mean? (Example for our open concept; the dining room is 15.5x12'6 (14').

Just a note regarding the bank approval. You don't have to get anything from the bank. You should of course know if you're approved for the amount you need but you don't have to send anything to RBC nor do they need to fill anything out. I think Mattamy puts that bank approval letter in there to encourage ppl to find out what they can actually afford. No one will ask to see it. I would also suggest a mortgage broker. They will get you the best rate, a rate that most large banks can't touch. We've used a mortgage broker for both of our home purchases and their rates have been well below the bank and the term are usually better (ex. lump sum payments, increasing payments) It's worth your time (and money) to talk to a broker.

Don't stress about a full approval from RBC it is 100% not needed.

We bought the Tudor elevation. I think each elevation has something a little different in it. Ours has a window seat in the larger bedroom on the front of the house, It's something small but something I don't believe the other layouts have.

Good Luck with your choices :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 pm 

hjk1 wrote:
vannar14 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Just a note regarding the bank approval. You don't have to get anything from the bank. You should of course know if you're approved for the amount you need but you don't have to send anything to RBC nor do they need to fill anything out. I think Mattamy puts that bank approval letter in there to encourage ppl to find out what they can actually afford. No one will ask to see it. I would also suggest a mortgage broker. They will get you the best rate, a rate that most large banks can't touch. We've used a mortgage broker for both of our home purchases and their rates have been well below the bank and the term are usually better (ex. lump sum payments, increasing payments) It's worth your time (and money) to talk to a broker.

We bought the Tudor elevation. I think each elevation has something a little different in it. Ours has a window seat in the larger bedroom on the front of the house, It's something small but something I don't believe the other layouts have.

Thank you. We decided to go with the EM and 9' ceilings on second floor. Now just to decide open concept vs regular concept.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:12 pm 

hjk1 wrote:
vannar14 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Sounds good and thank you. We'll certainly do that when closing time comes next year spring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 am 

Hjk1, your house looks great! I was wondering if you know what the height of your basement ceiling is? Also, did you get 9" ceilings on your second floor?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am 

sfc wrote:
Hjk1, your house looks great! I was wondering if you know what the height of your basement ceiling is? Also, did you get 9" ceilings on your second floor?

HI sfc,
I think the basement is 8ft. There is low headroom area at the bottom of the stairs but the rest of the basement is open. And no, we didn't get the 9ft ceilings on the second floor.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 pm 

[*]
hjk1 wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

We have our design appointment in a few weeks. Since we have the same model,
I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Just trying to cover all of our bases and not miss anything.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm trying to remember everything, one of the things they didn't tell us but we knew from our neighbour was that instead of having a fixed light outside at the front door you can get a hanging light. It looks really nice. no charge for that.

I'm not sure which kitchen layout you have but you can upgrade the pantry door - they have a really nice 3/4 glass one but it's $800 (I priced it at $400 at home depot - special order) It's called Single 96" Interior french door.

For our kitchen layout you can have seating for two on the side of the island. We didn't want six chairs at the island so we extended the base of the island and added drawers.

added an extra exterior light at the back door.

added "quiet walls" around the laundry room - hope it actually makes a difference, probably not lol

We took out the door from bedroom 3 to the bathroom. $187

Added shower pot light in second bathroom $309

I can't think of anything else that wasn't in the book. We asked what other options there were that we didn't think of or suggestions of what other ppl have done and got nothing. I wasn't sure of the cabinet/floor tile combos I picked so I asked what a popular choice was, or what she suggested and was told we picked what everyone picks. I find that hard to believe. She wasn't interested in helping us chose anything. Good luck, and don't let them push you out the door. You can always make a second appointment (something that wasn't offered to us) if you aren't able to finish up.

Hope you have a great experience.

Hi hjk1,
When the washroom door is removed from the 3rd bedroom, does the washroom layout change?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:54 pm 

Nf6 wrote:
[*]
hjk1 wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi HjK1,

We have our design appointment in a few weeks. Since we have the same model,
I was wondering if there is anything the you upgraded or changed that wasn't it in the book that I should ask for?

Just trying to cover all of our bases and not miss anything.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm trying to remember everything, one of the things they didn't tell us but we knew from our neighbour was that instead of having a fixed light outside at the front door you can get a hanging light. It looks really nice. no charge for that.

I'm not sure which kitchen layout you have but you can upgrade the pantry door - they have a really nice 3/4 glass one but it's $800 (I priced it at $400 at home depot - special order) It's called Single 96" Interior french door.

For our kitchen layout you can have seating for two on the side of the island. We didn't want six chairs at the island so we extended the base of the island and added drawers.

added an extra exterior light at the back door.

added "quiet walls" around the laundry room - hope it actually makes a difference, probably not lol

We took out the door from bedroom 3 to the bathroom. $187

Added shower pot light in second bathroom $309

I can't think of anything else that wasn't in the book. We asked what other options there were that we didn't think of or suggestions of what other ppl have done and got nothing. I wasn't sure of the cabinet/floor tile combos I picked so I asked what a popular choice was, or what she suggested and was told we picked what everyone picks. I find that hard to believe. She wasn't interested in helping us chose anything. Good luck, and don't let them push you out the door. You can always make a second appointment (something that wasn't offered to us) if you aren't able to finish up.

Hope you have a great experience.

Hi hjk1,
When the washroom door is removed from the 3rd bedroom, does the washroom layout change?

Thank you!

Nope, it didn't change anything. They just didn't cut the opening for the door :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:13 pm 

hjk1 wrote:
Nope, it didn't change anything. They just didn't cut the opening for the door :)

...and charged us money to close it. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm 

Does anyone in here have an design booklet that can post pics? We just bought in phase 6 and cant wait to get a move on design.

Thanks,
Darren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 pm 

Hi Everyone!!
We just bought a Woodstock on Hinton Rd (Lot 17)... any neighbours??? we are so excited!!
Would anyone have a scanned copy of their design guide they can share so we can get an approximate idea of the upgrades? it would be sooooo appreciated! :)
Thanks
Paulina and Ralf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:05 pm 

vannar14 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

We also bought a ravine lot on Hinton, which lot are you? we are 17

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next