HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 pm 

Thanks vannar14, I guess i need to live with it just to get the island i want. There's always something to compromise :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:18 pm 

For current Woodstock owners, do you find the two rooms above the garage cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer versus the rest of the house? Just trying to determine if the floor being exposed from below has an effect on the temperature of those rooms.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:50 am 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
Thanks vannar14, I guess i need to live with it just to get the island i want. There's always something to compromise :(

Good day. For the alternate kitchen, do you find the island big or the space between the counter spacious? And also the space between the great room? I am having 2nd thought on the corner pantry. I dont know where they will install the wall oven for the grande layout.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 pm 

Hello everyone,

We have our design appt next week and would really appreciate if you can clarify some things for us (i've asked Mattamy, but am still confused a bit):

- AC: Mattamy can't provide us with a make or model. For those who have gone with them or gotten it done afterwards, are you able to tell us the price and install for a 2800 sq ft house? (SERR of about 14 or higher).
- Paint: Mattamy is charging ~$900 for a 2 coat paint in the main floor and common areas upstairs. Does anyone know if it is worth it or better to get it done afterwards? Also an approx cost?
- Gas: $529 for an extra outlet + shut off and plug for electronics of the stove top. Has anyone gotten it done afterwards and the cost?
- Water line: They are charging $250 for water line for fridge with no shut off valve. Do they provide a clean finish (copper or flex), and is shut off required?
- Valence lighting: $1342; If we decide not to go with the builder, what should we ask for (plug + separate switch?). Will they hide the outlet? Also for those who've gotten it done afterwards, what was the cost (about 20')
- Stipple ceiling: We are getting smooth ceiling on main floor in lieu of stipple ceiling. But, there is also an option for knocking down stipple ceiling on ground floor (what is the difference)? Does this mean one has to pay for both these options to get smooth ceiling?
- Does anyone know if they have reasonable prices for faucet upgrades?
- What does Round to deco plates mean for door hardware upgrade options?

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:48 pm 

vannar14 wrote:
- AC: Mattamy can't provide us with a make or model. For those who have gone with them or gotten it done afterwards, are you able to tell us the price and install for a 2800 sq ft house? (SERR of about 14 or higher).

Check out the group buys in this forum. There are lots of people that will install the A/C after and will do great work. I would recommend at least a 15 SEER rating for the $400 Government credit https://saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Programs/HVAC-Rebates/Getting-Started.aspx

vannar14 wrote:
- Paint: Mattamy is charging ~$900 for a 2 coat paint in the main floor and common areas upstairs. Does anyone know if it is worth it or better to get it done afterwards? Also an approx cost?

Not worth it in my opinion as you'll probably want to change the colours after. Our plan is to live in the house a bit, and come back and paint after.

vannar14 wrote:
- Gas: $529 for an extra outlet + shut off and plug for electronics of the stove top. Has anyone gotten it done afterwards and the cost?
You can get it done afterwards, but the price isn't too bad at all. Depending on how many gas appliances you get, you may need to size up from the gas meter. We have gas fireplace, BBQ hook up, gas range, and then Mattamy puts in the gas furnace and tankless gas water heater, so it's bumped up to 1.25" from what I can see.

vannar14 wrote:
- Water line: They are charging $250 for water line for fridge with no shut off valve. Do they provide a clean finish (copper or flex), and is shut off required?
Rip off - $15 at Home Depot to get the ice maker kit. You need a 3/4" spade bit and you're done. About 15 minutes. We have the Pocket Office plan, and the water line is directly below the fridge.

vannar14 wrote:
- Valence lighting: $1342; If we decide not to go with the builder, what should we ask for (plug + separate switch?). Will they hide the outlet? Also for those who've gotten it done afterwards, what was the cost (about 20')
We only did under cabinet lighting. Get them to put the rough in for it (they have to but a box with plugs to meet code), and it comes on a separate switch. Ikea has a lot of great LED under cabinet lighting for cheap.

vannar14 wrote:
- Stipple ceiling: We are getting smooth ceiling on main floor in lieu of stipple ceiling. But, there is also an option for knocking down stipple ceiling on ground floor (what is the difference)? Does this mean one has to pay for both these options to get smooth ceiling?
Kock down looks like this Image We did smooth on both floors (upstairs is not in the book, but it is available). We were told by the builder that they've been having issues with the drywallers in Phase 1, so be make sure to inspect it well after you move in.

vannar14 wrote:
I seem to recall they were pricy, and not a huge selection. If you are a bit handy, you can do them easy afterwards. Usually about an hour per faucet, depending on what you choose to install.

vannar14 wrote:
The plate around the door handle is square or round.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm 

Apk I would disagree with your comment about the fridge water line kit. The houses in HSV are PEX piping and the kits do not work. Another thing is the little saddle valve to attach to the pipes are very dangerous in my opinion as you are literally puncturing your pipe to install it. What happens when the little puncture you made decides to blow due to the pressure of the water. My uncle had a bad experience with this saddle valve which cause him $10000 in damages to his basement from a incorrectly installed saddle valve on a pipe for the fridge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:23 pm 

Worked fine at my old house for 3 years and no issues now "knock on wood*. Basement will be unfinished for many years anyways. Also, it says it's for PEX and Copper.

Also, using the braided stainless steel version of this.

Last edited by apk on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:37 pm 

apk wrote:
vannar14 wrote:

Check out the group buys in this forum. There are lots of people that will install the A/C after and will do great work. I would recommend at least a 15 SEER rating for the $400 Government credit https://saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Programs/HVAC-Rebates/Getting-Started.aspx

vannar14 wrote:

Not worth it in my opinion as you'll probably want to change the colours after. Our plan is to live in the house a bit, and come back and paint after.

vannar14 wrote:
You can get it done afterwards, but the price isn't too bad at all. Depending on how many gas appliances you get, you may need to size up from the gas meter. We have gas fireplace, BBQ hook up, gas range, and then Mattamy puts in the gas furnace and tankless gas water heater, so it's bumped up to 1.25" from what I can see.

vannar14 wrote:
Rip off - $15 at Home Depot to get the ice maker kit. You need a 3/4" spade bit and you're done. About 15 minutes. We have the Pocket Office plan, and the water line is directly below the fridge.

vannar14 wrote:
We only did under cabinet lighting. Get them to put the rough in for it (they have to but a box with plugs to meet code), and it comes on a separate switch. Ikea has a lot of great LED under cabinet lighting for cheap.

vannar14 wrote:
Kock down looks like this Image We did smooth on both floors (upstairs is not in the book, but it is available). We were told by the builder that they've been having issues with the drywallers in Phase 1, so be make sure to inspect it well after you move in.

vannar14 wrote:
I seem to recall they were pricy, and not a huge selection. If you are a bit handy, you can do them easy afterwards. Usually about an hour per faucet, depending on what you choose to install.

vannar14 wrote:
The plate around the door handle is square or round.

Thank you. This was very helpful. I'll most likely do the faucets myself and ask them to put in the rough in for under cabinet lighting.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:09 pm 

apk wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:
Hello All,

Have you receive or do you have the plan layout with complete dimension? Like the baths does not have the dimension i needed. And also the light layout. I would appreciate if you could send it to me.

Thank you!

You won't get any dimensions for them. The ensuite is a good size, and so is the secondary bathroom upstairs. We closed the door from the front bedroom to the bathroom and it makes the bathroom feel even larger. The main floor powder room is very small.

I draw them on scale on autocad and i guess the dimension is close. Do you know the cist of removing the door on the main bath from bed 3? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:30 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
apk wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:
Hello All,

Have you receive or do you have the plan layout with complete dimension? Like the baths does not have the dimension i needed. And also the light layout. I would appreciate if you could send it to me.

Thank you!

You won't get any dimensions for them. The ensuite is a good size, and so is the secondary bathroom upstairs. We closed the door from the front bedroom to the bathroom and it makes the bathroom feel even larger. The main floor powder room is very small.

I draw them on scale on autocad and i guess the dimension is close. Do you know the cist of removing the door on the main bath from bed 3? Thanks!

Like $200.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:59 am 

New Woodstock at Pickering starting at $794,990.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm 

'Calling all Tudor homeowners

Mattamy called me yesterday and they messed up my elevation. They have found out 5 months after we bought! We had the EM but now they cannot build it because of 2nd house from us also have EM and they boughy it first. We now choosing the tudor but there is only 3 windows on bed 3 and 1 small one infront of bed 4. My question on bed 3, is there still window on the closet? Please help

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:27 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:

Mattamy called me yesterday and they messed up my elevation. They have found out 5 months after we bought! We had the EM but now they cannot build it because of 2nd house from us also have EM and they boughy it first. We now choosing the tudor but there is only 3 windows on bed 3 and 1 small one infront of bed 4. My question on bed 3, is there still window on the closet? Please help

Thanks

Hi! Yes there is still a window in the closet for bedroom three, with the Tudor elevation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:34 pm 

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:

Thanks

Hi! Yes there is still a window in the closet for bedroom three, with the Tudor elevation.

Hi Miltonliving_2010,

Thank you for your quick reply. Does that mean i will lose the big window in bedroom 3?
How do you like your tudor home?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:37 pm 

Hello, Is there an option to add a buffet niche on the dining room?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next