HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodstock Model
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:34 am 

Hi Miltonliving_2010

I would appreciate if you send me the PDF copy of Design book for Woodstock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 am 

Quote:
Thank you for your quick reply, I really appreciate it!

1. If this wasn’t an option when should I do it? Will I lose my warranty if I do it after closing?
2. A raised ceiling is additional 1’ ?
3. I’ve contacted an electrician and I am waiting on his reply, I think if we are installing lots of pot lights we need an additional circuit breaker.
5. Do you know how much they charge on the quartz per sq. ft? I have a contractor from my current home and they are the cheapest on the market and they did a good job. They charged me 2,200 + tax on 40 sq. ft. and that is caesarstone quartz.
6. Do you know how much they charge on the tiles on ensuite? Tile shoppe in Mississauga offers cheap porcelain tiles. I bought my backsplash for only $7.00 and I found the same style on tile depot at $14.00

Additional question
7. Do they have a free standing bath tub and how much?
8. How much to convert the electrical stove to gas line
Could you please send me the kitchen upgrades like the cabinetry and the counter top price. And master ensuite upgrades too.

Thank you very much!

For any ceiling work, talk to Liam at LOC Carpentry - Great pricing and from the photos, excellent work. We are getting him to install crown on the main floor and common area upstairs for our Woodstock. He can probably help you out with some jazzy ceiling work.

Just remember for electrical work, it is the law that the contractor is ESA licensed. You can look up the contractor on the ESA site (any complaints filed are also listed). We are using George from Nightingale Electric (there's a full thread on this board - search Electrician4U).

For Quartz and tiles, it all depends on what level. I think the kitchen (we have the pocket office floor plan) was like $6000 or so. Not sure if it has gone up. Tiles are also based on category, and if you use floor tiles for walls, it goes up even more. Its pretty painful waiting to get the design book to answer all your questions.

Answer to #8 - can't do it in Milton
Answer to #9 - We did gas stove and BBQ, and you need to upgrade to 1" supply (up from 3/4"). It was about $1000 for all 3 things. This is about market rate, and easier to do at this time. Only thing I regret is not doing a gas dryer (about another $800). I suppose that's a lot of hydro, so the recoup on the cost will be a fair bit of time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:45 pm 

apk wrote:
Quote:

1. If this wasn’t an option when should I do it? Will I lose my warranty if I do it after closing?
3. I’ve contacted an electrician and I am waiting on his reply, I think if we are installing lots of pot lights we need an additional circuit breaker.
5. Do you know how much they charge on the quartz per sq. ft? I have a contractor from my current home and they are the cheapest on the market and they did a good job. They charged me 2,200 + tax on 40 sq. ft. and that is caesarstone quartz.
6. Do you know how much they charge on the tiles on ensuite? Tile shoppe in Mississauga offers cheap porcelain tiles. I bought my backsplash for only $7.00 and I found the same style on tile depot at $14.00

Additional question
Could you please send me the kitchen upgrades like the cabinetry and the counter top price. And master ensuite upgrades too.

Thank you very much!

For any ceiling work, talk to Liam at LOC Carpentry - Great pricing and from the photos, excellent work. We are getting him to install crown on the main floor and common area upstairs for our Woodstock. He can probably help you out with some jazzy ceiling work.

Just remember for electrical work, it is the law that the contractor is ESA licensed. You can look up the contractor on the ESA site (any complaints filed are also listed). We are using George from Nightingale Electric (there's a full thread on this board - search Electrician4U).

For Quartz and tiles, it all depends on what level. I think the kitchen (we have the pocket office floor plan) was like $6000 or so. Not sure if it has gone up. Tiles are also based on category, and if you use floor tiles for walls, it goes up even more. Its pretty painful waiting to get the design book to answer all your questions.

Answer to #8 - can't do it in Milton
Answer to #9 - We did gas stove and BBQ, and you need to upgrade to 1" supply (up from 3/4"). It was about $1000 for all 3 things. This is about market rate, and easier to do at this time. Only thing I regret is not doing a gas dryer (about another $800). I suppose that's a lot of hydro, so the recoup on the cost will be a fair bit of time.

Thank you for answering all my questions. Btw i sent a pm requesting scanned price list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:49 pm 

Hello All,

Have you receive or do you have the plan layout with complete dimension? Like the baths does not have the dimension i needed. And also the light layout. I would appreciate if you could send it to me.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:56 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi Alexjoaquin!

Welcome to the site... a ton of great information on here.

1. No this wasn't an option for the Woodstock
2. Yes, you can do this... I believe it was in the $2000-3000 range
3. I am installing potlights after closing, as Mattamy was charging way too much money. I think as long as the eletrician is licensed that you are okay for warranty. But you may want to double check with others/
4. I am not sure about this, as I have the open concept layout... but I want to say "no" as usually if you have the option to extend cabinetry it would be an option of the floor plan. And changing a window to a french door would be structural and Mattamy will not make structural changes that are not available on the architect options.
5. Yes, quartz ceaserstone is available
6. This was not an option for the woodstock

The design book is very long. if there are things that you want specific prices on I can scan and send those to you. If you want you can PM me your e-mail address with that your long for and I'm more than happy to send!

Hope that helps :-)

Additional question

Thank you very much!

Hello and good evening,

Thank you again for the pdf you sent me. I just have question on the hardwood if i read it right.

1. Is it really not an option to add hardwood on the main hall while this is ok on the upper hall? I kinda weird

2. I just got a quote for the metal stairs, how much is it to do at mattamy including refinishing it with two tone?

3. And do they also include the cabinet on the kitchen nook?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:18 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
Hello All,

Have you receive or do you have the plan layout with complete dimension? Like the baths does not have the dimension i needed. And also the light layout. I would appreciate if you could send it to me.

Thank you!

You won't get any dimensions for them. The ensuite is a good size, and so is the secondary bathroom upstairs. We closed the door from the front bedroom to the bathroom and it makes the bathroom feel even larger. The main floor powder room is very small.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
1. Is it really not an option to add hardwood on the main hall while this is ok on the upper hall? I kinda weird

2. I just got a quote for the metal stairs, how much is it to do at mattamy including refinishing it with two tone?

Thanks

Answers to above:

1) If you get the Open Living Plan w/Pocket Office, you get hardwood on all of the main floor. The foyer is sunken, and stays tile. Not sure if you can upgrade this, but having the two entrances there, it probably make sense to stay tile due to tracking water into the house.

2) It was $600 or so if I remember to do the two tone stairs (without the metal pickets). Don't recall the picket price. Its the same price if you paint just the pickets, or paint the pickets and stairs.

3) You can pretty much put cabinets anywhere in the kitchen. You'll have to ask at your Design Centre appointment. We added another base cabinet to the island so we didn't have the end seating in our Open Living Plan w/Pocket Office choice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:58 pm 

apk wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:

Thanks

Answers to above:

1) If you get the Open Living Plan w/Pocket Office, you get hardwood on all of the main floor. The foyer is sunken, and stays tile. Not sure if you can upgrade this, but having the two entrances there, it probably make sense to stay tile due to tracking water into the house.

2) It was $600 or so if I remember to do the two tone stairs (without the metal pickets). Don't recall the picket price. Its the same price if you paint just the pickets, or paint the pickets and stairs.

3) You can pretty much put cabinets anywhere in the kitchen. You'll have to ask at your Design Centre appointment. We added another base cabinet to the island so we didn't have the end seating in our Open Living Plan w/Pocket Office choice.

I was thinking to change it to pocket office plan because there is more natural light and the kitchen layout is good and can be extended up to the dining. And after reading all villager's great suggestion and the option I like which are not available.

I cannot imagine how the high level opening looks like, i googled and i cant find it. Is there an option to remove it?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:04 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
apk wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:

Thanks

Answers to above:

I was thinking to change it to pocket office plan because there is more natural light and the kitchen layout is good and can be extended up to the dining. And after reading all villager's great suggestion and the option I like which are not available.

I cannot imagine how the high level opening looks like, i googled and i cant find it. Is there an option to remove it?

thanks

Take a look at the Woodstock Pictures thread in this forum. I think there is a picture in it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:10 pm 

Hi apk,

Found it! Now we have decided to choose the open concept with pocket office.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:00 am 

Great!

We really like the Open Living plan because it removes all interior posts - my favourite feature. The Pocket Office is actually a good size, and with the high level opening seems to allow lots of light to come through. You also get the garden doors, hardwood on the main floor, and the upgrade isn't that expensive - under $6000 if I recall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm 

i am just concern on the pantry on that open concept, i dont like the look of it. If i change to grande package will that still be included? And what grade are the mirage hardwood?

Could anyone please give me the price of
1. Waffle ceiling with cornice moulding
2. Capped light

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:15 pm 

Alexjoaquin wrote:
Alexjoaquin wrote:
Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
Hi Alexjoaquin!

Welcome to the site... a ton of great information on here.

1. No this wasn't an option for the Woodstock
2. Yes, you can do this... I believe it was in the $2000-3000 range
3. I am installing potlights after closing, as Mattamy was charging way too much money. I think as long as the eletrician is licensed that you are okay for warranty. But you may want to double check with others/
4. I am not sure about this, as I have the open concept layout... but I want to say "no" as usually if you have the option to extend cabinetry it would be an option of the floor plan. And changing a window to a french door would be structural and Mattamy will not make structural changes that are not available on the architect options.
5. Yes, quartz ceaserstone is available
6. This was not an option for the woodstock

The design book is very long. if there are things that you want specific prices on I can scan and send those to you. If you want you can PM me your e-mail address with that your long for and I'm more than happy to send!

Hope that helps :-)

Additional question

Thank you very much!

Hello and good evening,

Thank you again for the pdf you sent me. I just have question on the hardwood if i read it right.

Thanks

Hello again Miltonliving_2010,

Can i ask another favor? I am just wondering if the walls are included on the price of the tiles.
If no could you please send me the price list and also the carpet upgrades and the electrical/lights option.

thank you very much!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:56 pm 

is there an option to remove the barrel vault in foyer?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:42 pm 

Hi Friends

We just purchased Woodstock-French Chateau model and I really appreciate if someone Woodstock HOME owner they have design book please send me the PDF copy,,,

Last edited by floyd on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next