HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:23 am 

Adora wrote:
Hi Rosaj2! Which phase did you buy? My house won't close until May 2017 so I have a looonngg way to go :) I'm looking forward to driving around the earlier phases once they are complete to see how my house might look.

How are the prices for the upgrades? I want my booklet so I can start to plan :)

Hello Adorable,
I bought a different model, and mine is scheduled to close May 2017 as well. I went to the DC yesterday. I was told we won't be seeing our 90+ upgrade book well into the new year, but it was still nice to go see.
We still need to make the architectural choices and I had questions as to what was included, ie super shower, doesn't it come with glass enclosure, and sadly it does not, that is an upgrade. Everything seems to be an upgrade. I get the feeling that prices are pretty expensive and can add up very quickly!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:39 pm 

That's so odd that a super shower wouldn't come enclosed in glass. Hubby and I definitely do some browsing at the dc. I'm sure so much has changed since we designed our current home 8 years ago!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:22 pm 

Adora wrote:
Hi Rosaj2! Which phase did you buy? My house won't close until May 2017 so I have a looonngg way to go :) I'm looking forward to driving around the earlier phases once they are complete to see how my house might look.

How are the prices for the upgrades? I want my booklet so I can start to plan :)

wow may 2o17 that is a very long closing. i bought phase 2 hopefully closing april 2016. upgrades are reasonable for some and crazy for other upgrades!

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm 

Adora wrote:
Hi there! We also bought a Dundas model (Victorian) in phase 6! Not that much info or working pictures of this house yet on the forum. Hopefully that will change as the houses get built.
I'm so excited to get designing and finding out prices :)

Congrats Adora
We bought the same Dundas Victorian early this year and we also bought our current home just over 8 yrs ago too! Haha.
This house has great use of space for our needs. I especially like the size of the bedrooms. Did you get a copy of the Victorian floorplan? Have you decided on your structural upgrades?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:46 pm 

I didn't realize the different elevation have diff floor plans ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:

Yes they do for the dundas anyways

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:37 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:

Yes, in some cases. When purchasing, just ask for the floorplan for the elevation you want. For us, the Dundas Victorian ended up having a bigger front bedroom 2 due to bay window (with slight change in other bedrooms)

Attachments:
IMG_20150509_074259_hdr_edit1_edit_1.jpg
IMG_20150509_074259_hdr_edit1_edit_1.jpg [ 33.05 KiB | Viewed 2576 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:41 am 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:

Yes, in some cases. When purchasing, just ask for the floorplan for the elevation you want. For us, the Dundas Victorian ended up having a bigger front bedroom 2 due to bay window (with slight change in other bedrooms)

JeepMomma2015 did you opt for a door into the bathroom from bedroom 3?

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:06 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
JeepMomma2015 wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:

JeepMomma2015 did you opt for a door into the bathroom from bedroom 3?

Hi rosaj2
No. But did from bdrm 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Adora wrote:
Hi there! We also bought a Dundas model (Victorian) in phase 6! Not that much info or working pictures of this house yet on the forum. Hopefully that will change as the houses get built.
I'm so excited to get designing and finding out prices :)

Congrats Adora
We bought the same Dundas Victorian early this year and we also bought our current home just over 8 yrs ago too! Haha.
This house has great use of space for our needs. I especially like the size of the bedrooms. Did you get a copy of the Victorian floorplan? Have you decided on your structural upgrades?

Hi JeepMomma! I didn't receive the Victorian floor plan but I kinda figured that the front room and the den would be a bit larger due to the roundness or the rooms. That's awesome to here it is so!
We haven't been contacted to go in to choose anything yet but we are going to probably add the master bedroom tray ceiling package.
I will be asking them for a floor plan for this elevation. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:05 am 

Adora wrote:

Hi JeepMomma! I didn't receive the Victorian floor plan but I kinda figured that the front room and the den would be a bit larger due to the roundness or the rooms. That's awesome to here it is so!
We haven't been contacted to go in to choose anything yet but we are going to probably add the master bedroom tray ceiling package.
I will be asking them for a floor plan for this elevation. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.
Yes, when I saw the windows for that elevation, I asked for the specific plan and they printed it for me at the sales office. Tray ceiling is nice. Let me know if you need any prices.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:38 pm 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Adora wrote:

No problem.
Yes, when I saw the windows for that elevation, I asked for the specific plan and they printed it for me at the sales office. Tray ceiling is nice. Let me know if you need any prices.

Thank you! I will definitely take you up on that offer :) I want to compile a list of necessities and wishes.
Have you seen any Dundas models around? Even in Oakville?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:16 pm 

Adora wrote:
JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Adora wrote:

No problem.

Thank you! I will definitely take you up on that offer :) I want to compile a list of necessities and wishes.

there is one in miton

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 am 

Quote:

Quote:
there is one in miton

Rosa you must be so excited that your closing date is coming up soon!!! I can't wait to take a drive over that way and see these homes :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 pm 

Adora wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
there is one in miton

Rosa you must be so excited that your closing date is coming up soon!!! I can't wait to take a drive over that way and see these homes :)

you are more then welcome to get a sneak peak of mine once I'm in.

Connaught Terrace