HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:49 am 

Our floor joists run front-to-back throughout, but our next door neighbour's joists (also a juneberry) run side-to-side throughout, and like justagirl says sometimes it's half and half. Maybe it depends what mood the guys are in when they build your house. :)

Our sump is in the back corner under the kitchen, but that varies by grade like justagirl says. Sometimes they are in the front of the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm 

I have purchased three brand mattamy homes and never hired an inspector. When we sold the homes the new owner alway came in with an inspector and they never found anything wrong with any of our homes. I think it up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Personally, if I was to hire an inspector, I would only hire one for year end. But that is me, you may feel more confort in hiring someone for all stages. Just do what your comfortable with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:23 pm 

justagirl wrote:
I have purchased three brand mattamy homes and never hired an inspector. When we sold the homes the new owner alway came in with an inspector and they never found anything wrong with any of our homes. I think it up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Personally, if I was to hire an inspector, I would only hire one for year end. But that is me, you may feel more confort in hiring someone for all stages. Just do what your comfortable with.

I don't believe you can have an inspector at the PDI - but I highly recommend one for your 30 day or definitely your 1 year. We are on our second home in Milton, and did not get one on our first home, but over the years realized there were many small things that should have been fixed - we just didn't know enough. Our second house was a resale, but less than 2 years old - the house inspector we hired for this did a great job in telling us things we never would have known, like the attic insulation, while ok, was not the standard it should be, and there were some blow backs as well.

We used Andy Shaw from Halton Home Inspection and he was great. he also did my in-laws 30 day inspection a couple years ago, and found several little things that while not immediate issues, could have resulted in larger issues.

For a home that costs more then $500k, a $400-500 home inspection is .1% of the cost, and worth so much value.

BTW, congrats on the Juneberry purchase - my wife and I have been in ours now for 4 months, and we absolutely love this house - I think it is the best floorplan of any house I have seen or been in in Milton.

Post subject: Kitchen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:03 pm 

Kitchen Pics - I was hoping if any one has a pic of the Grande Kitchen for the Juneberry with the appliances already in? I was wondering if you can post any pics. We are in the process of buying our applicances and wanted to see if anyone has a frech door fridge. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Juneberry
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 am 

I don't recall if I got the grand package or not but this is my Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 am 

justagirl wrote:
I don't recall if I got the grand package or not but this is my Juneberry

Thanks, Your kitchen looks amazing..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 pm 

I was wondering if a Juneberry owner would be so kind as to measure the opening for the refrigerator. Mattamy gives a brief description in their package that is not model specific and I was wondering if the fridge we were looking into purchasing would fit. Particularly the depth of the wall that is on the opposite side of the cabinets or pantry (depending on kitchen layout). As I would need a fridge deep enough to allow the door to be able to swing outwards beyond that wall. Thank you for your support.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 pm 

Hi Dan, do you still need the measurements for the fridge space or have you seen enough to make you decision?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 pm 

justagirl wrote:
Hi Dan, do you still need the measurements for the fridge space or have you seen enough to make you decision?

Hi justagirl, I have eliminated a few refrigerators from consideration ... but the measurements would still help as there are a few that are slightly larger than counter depth that I may consider if the measurements accomodate its dimensions. Thanks again for all of your help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm 

Hey Dan,

We recently just spoke to our rep and had them change the dimension to fit a 72" fridge. Still waiting for a response but she said she doesn't think it would be a problem. Pretty sure there gonna be cost but we decided we might as well buy the fridge we want instead of trying to accomadate the cabinets. Why not right we a gonna be in the juneberry for a long time might as well get what we want...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 pm 

hopen2move wrote:
Hey Dan,

We recently just spoke to our rep and had them change the dimension to fit a 72" fridge. Still waiting for a response but she said she doesn't think it would be a problem. Pretty sure there gonna be cost but we decided we might as well buy the fridge we want instead of trying to accomadate the cabinets. Why not right we a gonna be in the juneberry for a long time might as well get what we want...

If I'm not mistaking, standard is 71 1/2". Is that right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 pm 

prosbuyer wrote:
hopen2move wrote:
Hey Dan,

If I'm not mistaking, standard is 71 1/2". Is that right?

Mine is 38 x71
I guess it's standard, I am in Vista phase 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:03 am 

hopen2move wrote:
Hey Dan,

I had the upper cabinets (over the fridge opening) shorten through the DC to accomodate a taller fridge. The cost at that time (2010) was 120

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

juneberry wrote:
I think you have exective alternate package. grande package has inbuilt appliances.
Have you sold your house already?

Yes, Juneberry the house is sold :D Now time to start planning my country home...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm 

Congrats on the sale of your home justagirl!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next