HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 pm 

SDF wrote:
It's hard to say. We had heard that Mattamy rarely delayed but our cousin was delayed 2 weeks last February (they said because of the Christmas break, but I think it was because of a kitchen cabinet maker going bankrupt) and we are delayed in Vista 3.5 months. The average delay that people in Vista have experienced is about 6 weeks, but we "luckily" became the "fire break house".

Where will your Wood Lily be located? Vista?

SDF, thanks for the information. Mine is in 14C (yates & holly). What's the main reason that your house was delayed for 3.5 months? That's quite long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 am 

SDF wrote:
The fire break homes are required by insurance company's. Basically every 4-5 homes (or maybe it goes by meters?) they need to have 2 empty lots, in case one home catches on fire as they are building it so that they don't lose a whole street of homes in the fire.

I hope this helps.
SDF

SDF, what does the "2 empty lots" mean. Are they in your land? :shock:
I check the site map of 14C, I did not see any empty lots among houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:05 am 

Badboy, what they do is build 4 or 5 homes in a row then skip a lot or two and continue building 4 or 5 etc. When those homes are built, they return to complete the ones they skipped. They do this in the occassion that if a house were to catch fire, they gap in construction would limit the fire to that group of 4 or 5 homes instead of the whole street. If your house is deemed to be the "firebreak" or one of the lots that they skip over, then your neighbours homes will be built while yours is delayed for 2-3 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 am 

SDF wrote:
Satmatrix wrote:
Hi RKNight,

Are you sure this is the same house that's still for sale? Was it re-listed as in the last bunch of pictures it had no furniture and it did not look like any one lived in it.

Also, do you have a link to this FOR SALE listing? I searched and found nothing. It says the house at 910 Savoline is sold or the ad is expired.

Thanks so much.

Oh and thanks for the solution/idea for parking for the Wood Lily driveway but I don't think it will work due the different layout and staggered garage. You literally open your front door and land on the sidewalk :wink: We shall have to see if other Wood Lily owners, with sidewalks, have come up with a parking solution for 2 cars in the driveways.

It is sooo the same house. The old ad expired and they are selling it through a new agent, Brigid Chan.

@rrknight where did you find these pics?

The house is on MLS and it is the same house under a different listing agent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 am 

Wow. I guess it just doesn't want to sell. I wonder why? It is a gorgeous home.

For those interested, here's the listing. Yes, I finally found it.......

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.a ... ID=8363481

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 am 

Frank&Sandra wrote:
Badboy, what they do is build 4 or 5 homes in a row then skip a lot or two and continue building 4 or 5 etc. When those homes are built, they return to complete the ones they skipped. They do this in the occassion that if a house were to catch fire, they gap in construction would limit the fire to that group of 4 or 5 homes instead of the whole street. If your house is deemed to be the "firebreak" or one of the lots that they skip over, then your neighbours homes will be built while yours is delayed for 2-3 months.

Thanks for the information. Can we know if our house will be a "firebreak" now? or they will decide which houses are "firebreak" when they start construction? That will make a huge different because the closing day of my house is the end of next April. If it is delayed to after July 1st, we need to pay for the new HST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 am 

I don't know who you could contact to find out which house(s) are selected to be the firebreak. Perhaps you could ask your lawyer to put in an ammendment regarding the HST, they might have already handled something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 pm 

Hi MAM,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately, that won't work as it's illegal! There is a by-law against parking on the boulevard.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 pm 

On another note, if anyone has pictures of the Wood Lily showing the alternate kitchen layout OR the den with doors, please do share!

Is anyone thinking of putting in a raised bar on the island with the standard kitchen layout versus a flush bar? I wonder if Mattamy would charge extra for that and if they would even do it.

Is anyone planning on doing the fireplace/double sided fireplace with Mattamy? It seems to be a lot cheaper doing it after closing with someone else but I guess if you do it with Mattamy you get the jogged foundation with the single fireplace............

Just wondering what other Wood Lily owners are thinking of changing or adding.

Thanks.

Post subject: Woodlily SS-2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:22 pm 

Post subject: Woodlilly
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:41 am 

Yes I do not have sidewalk :D and I can park three cars on the driveway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:00 am 

I have painted since we moved in (in February).

In a nutshell, I didn't use a primer. But, I also was painting over Portobello with a light beige colour and I only needed one coat. It was C2 paint.

As for painting the walls along the stairs -- good luck!!!! When I do get around to painting that area, I'll probably hire someone to deal with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 pm 

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:23 am 

hey, wood lily onwers, are there any of your wood lily has "lookout"? I want to see what it looks like. :-) Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 am 

badboy09 wrote:
hey, wood lily onwers, are there any of your wood lily has "lookout"? I want to see what it looks like. :-I) Thanks a lot.
h

I believe the lookouts are only for Vista homes and no one has moved in yet. The first woodlily's are in HVE and none have lookouts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next