HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shadebush pictures...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 am 

Hi, I just wondered if anyone had purchased the Shadebusch elevation A?

I would really love to see some actual pictures of this house.

Many thanks!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:10 pm 

Have any of these models been built now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:53 pm 

Are there really no Shadebush pics out there at all??? :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm 

act1980 wrote:
Are there really no Shadebush pics out there at all??? :D :D

I guess no one likes the Shadebush :shock: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:35 pm 

Actually I love Shadebush, I bought one! and iI am seeing so many of them around the neighbourhood.
The Shadebush is actually a new model that Mattamy just started building, that's why there is not too much information on them.
I have some pics, i just have to upload to my computer. I will send them to you.

I closed this week.. I bought the C elevation....

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:49 pm 

Here is a look at Shadebush elevation C:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924587@N06/3400954460/?edited=1

Here is elevation A: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924587@N06/3400954452/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:55 am 

Hi Wildrose,
Yes Mattamy did install our backsplash. Considering at my previous home, we were there for almost 4 years and we never got around to doing it, I wanted to make sure and get it done.

The charge for the extending it to the top of the fan was not too bad. It was only an additional $139, so I just forked it over.

The base cabinets in the laundry room were done by Mattamy. It cost us $960. I wanted to get the base at least because I know that the tub can be so unsitely. But I am really glad that I didn't get the stainless steel sink. I like the larger tubs, and now it's so neat. Eventually I am going to put some uppers cabinets and shelves. Maybe in Red to match the washer and dryer! :) I guess I have been watching Sarah's House a little too much on HGTV!

Right now my kitchen is a disaster, I am having granite installed on Wednesday, so i will post picutres for sure! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm 

Hi Wildrose,
I did find a good price for granite. I went to Natural Stone City in Kitchener. They are actually manufacturers, so there is no middle man.
They came out to measure on Saturday morning and they are installing on Wednesday! Can you believe the turn around? Amazing, I hear usually it's 3 weeks wait time.

There is no issues with the backsplash, since I didn't get a lip on my countertop. Sure the granite might cover a little bit of the backsplash tile, but I am not too picky with that, especially considering the stone and the colours, it will not have too much of a variance.
http://www.naturalstonecity.ca

As for the fridge, I had to give my DC the dimensions for the fridge. So it was custom done through the builder. I did buy a counterdepth. It fits so nicely.

I am also having a wall oven and microwave and trim kit installed next week. I have openings for those, I also provided the builder with the dimensions.

I can't wait for April 10th, everything will be in, the kitchen will be great shape. All that will be left is the faux doors on the island and then I will be finished in that room!

I will definitely post pics then.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:52 pm 

rstar wrote:
Hi Wildrose,
I did find a good price for granite. I went to Natural Stone City in Kitchener. They are actually manufacturers, so there is no middle man.
They came out to measure on Saturday morning and they are installing on Wednesday! Can you believe the turn around? Amazing, I hear usually it's 3 weeks wait time.

There is no issues with the backsplash, since I didn't get a lip on my countertop. Sure the granite might cover a little bit of the backsplash tile, but I am not too picky with that, especially considering the stone and the colours, it will not have too much of a variance.
http://www.naturalstonecity.ca

As for the fridge, I had to give my DC the dimensions for the fridge. So it was custom done through the builder. I did buy a counterdepth. It fits so nicely.

I am also having a wall oven and microwave and trim kit installed next week. I have openings for those, I also provided the builder with the dimensions.

I can't wait for April 10th, everything will be in, the kitchen will be great shape. All that will be left is the faux doors on the island and then I will be finished in that room!

I will definitely post pics then.. :D

Can I ask how much cheaper it was to not have Mattamy instal the granite?

Thanks!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:46 pm 

rstar, your home is really beautiful. Thanks so much for posting the pics for us to see.

The kitchen is gorgeous, and it was nice to see the finished base cabs for the laundry room. I like the large tub sink much better than a stainless one, although I would never have thought so sight unseen.

And the stairs look very cool with the white pickets and just the two dark-stained anchors at each end. Nice!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm 

rstar your kitchen is amazing! I would also be curious to know if you don't mind sharing the approximate price for your granite countertops through the other company? We were at the design centre tonight and looking at the pricing for the granite and it is mighty expensive...

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 am 

Well my granite was installed last night and it looks amazing! i have to post pics... this weekend.. (b/c i am work right now).

I got the Giallo Santa Ceceila granite (1.25" thick) installed including undermount sink and faucet for $4200 and this includes taxes! With a fancy shape on the island as well. On the side, i paid the plummer $180 cash for his installation of the sink and faucet.

I think it is a FANTASTIC deal! :D :D

The guys were very professional, there is only one seam in the entire countertop, where the cooktop will be and that's it!

I was very impressed, and so were my parents, because now they are getting them to install granite at their house.

The turnaround time was less than a week, from the time I went to the store, they came and measured and the installed all within 7 days. Amazing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:03 am 

rstar that is AMAZING! I'm glad you were happy with the product, installation and service. Much better than the mattamy prices. Can't wait for the pictures :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:03 am 

Finally here are some pics. the appliances have yet to be installed.
But for the most part (expect the faux doors on the island) i am finsihed in the kitchen.

I also have some washroom pics included because the countertops are in!! YEAH! :D :D

Take a look:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36924587@N06/sets/72157616211902395/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 am 

Hi Wildrose,
Yup! the valence was done by Mattamy and because of it wasn't a large area of valence, the DC reduced the price. We did install the large crown moulding.

The cabinets are Aya and the upgrade cost me $5K. But I love it. The cabinets are really a good quality, and easy to wipe. The island is blackened umber, and to have two different colours is free. I wish I went a little darker with the island, but my kitchen dinette is mid-toned, so I would've had to replace the set, and it's in perfect condition....

The bathroom cabinets in the main washroom is 1st upgrade, they cost $151 even though they are thermofoil.

The master bathroom is blackened cinammon maple cabinets, standard.

All in all, my upgrades went into my kitchen. I think it's the hardest thing to replace after closings, so I just did what I could through the builder.

The upgrades are really expensive.. but the result is so good! :D :D