HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 36' plan 4 pictures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:20 pm 

Here are some pictures of 36' plan 4C, this is not our house but we bought the same elevation.

Exterior

Master bedroom

Linen Closet from Family Room

Kitchen from Great Room

Great Room from Kitchen

Garage

Bedroom 2 from Family Room

Porch

Dining Room from Great Room

Family Room

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:35 pm 

Thanks so much. We also purchased this elevation and have been waiting to see one up. I think this is a C. Which street is this on? Did it seem small when you went in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:10 pm 

You are very welcome, I can understand how you feel, I was dying to see the room sizes myself therefore, we availed the first opportunity we had to get down there. This house is on Savoline near Dymott. I think it's pretty open the only disappointment was the family room it seemed a little smaller than we had imagined but overall I was very pleased with all the rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 pm 

Yes, the kitchen looks like it's a good size. We close next april so feel free to come by whenever you want. We are on Inman Heights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:26 pm 

We also checked out this house today and I felt that it was larger than I had imagined. We changed our upstairs family room to the bedroom but felt that the room was pretty large. We opted out of the laundry room upstairs and extended the master walk in closet and it is HUGE!!! I love the porch area in the front and the double door entry. Can't wait to see these houses as they are finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 pm 

Great. We were also worried about the rooms being small. I'm so happy that the walk in closet is hugge. Did the great room also look big enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 pm 

Thank you so much for your offer Gen, don't worry the great room is big enough it's pretty open and roomy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 am 

I agree Erica, the Master Bedroom seems small. We bought a king size bed and we have fairly large furniture so we were a bit worried about placement. We also have the same concern about the kitchen cabinets but the closet / pantry is pretty large so we are hoping we can store a lot in this space.

We went into a finished plan 6 which is pretty much the same layout and went into the basement. We were very happy with the size of the basement and how open it is. This space has the perfect setup for a recreation room in the future.

We also love the front foyer with the double doors and we purchased 9' ceilings so there is also a transom over the door which allows for a lot of extra light.

The only other concern we had is that we picked the fourth bedroom instead of the family room and there is not a lot of light in the hallway. We will always have to keep the bedroom doors open. It would have been nice if we were able to put a window in at the top of the stairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:37 pm 

just wondering , you guys dont get harassed when going into these homes by mattamy construction staff? what is mattamy policy on buyers entering homes while under construction? do you have to sneak around or is it accepted that their buyers will be stopping by throughout the building process?

our previous builder had a clause in the agreement that if you step into the home prior to closing they can cancel the agreement and basically take away your home.

There are a few houses ive been meaning to check out that are the same as my model but really dont want to cause trouble if i dotn have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm 

We went on Sunday when there were less workers working. We only went into 2 houses and we made sure that no one was around. As we came out of one of the houses a security guard came around and took our liscense plate number and walked away. He was taking everyone's plates including the construction workers. I guess as a sign of caution, incase something happens.

We were told at our preconstruction meeting that we should try and go to the house as much as we could during the construction phase to make sure we were happy with everything. They just said not to get in the way of any construction workers and to be careful when entering the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 am 

Shawna and Phil wrote:
I agree Erica, the Master Bedroom seems small. We bought a king size bed and we have fairly large furniture so we were a bit worried about placement. We also have the same concern about the kitchen cabinets but the closet / pantry is pretty large so we are hoping we can store a lot in this space.

We went into a finished plan 6 which is pretty much the same layout and went into the basement. We were very happy with the size of the basement and how open it is. This space has the perfect setup for a recreation room in the future.

We also love the front foyer with the double doors and we purchased 9' ceilings so there is also a transom over the door which allows for a lot of extra light.

The only other concern we had is that we picked the fourth bedroom instead of the family room and there is not a lot of light in the hallway. We will always have to keep the bedroom doors open. It would have been nice if we were able to put a window in at the top of the stairs.

hi Shawna and Phil, where did you see the PLAN 6??? ive bought a plan6 and im dyinggggggggggggggg to see one... pleaseeee let me know where this plan 6 is???

thanks,
Saima

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:57 pm 

Here's a pic of plan 4. Didnt get to take any interior photos. Will do so over the next month when it all begins to come together.

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 pm 

Last edited by Gen on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 pm 

Can't wait to see pictures of the inside Gen!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:26 pm 

Neither can i! Will be sure to put them up.
Shawna and Phil wrote:
Can't wait to see pictures of the inside Gen!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next