HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm 

Scott & Sarah wrote:
Hey! I was in touch with our design consultant and sent me some prices for things that are not included in the design package. For 36' Plan 4:

1) To install faux doors on island side only $ 262.00; faux door on back of the island $ 655.00. Island is not large enough to install a wine rack.

2) Delete kneewalls: To install standard handrail with chamfered pickets both knee walls (includes 2 square post) $ 2,832.00. Staining will be included with staircase stain order

3) Frameless shower enclosure as per bath oasis layout $ $ 3,099.00. Shower is not large enough to install a shower seat.

4) There is a hose bib in the garage as well as the backyard.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! We were wondering how much it was to change the knee walls to a hand rail, so i'm guessing around $1400 for the one kneewall since we opted for the 4th bedroom plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:54 pm 

Scott & Sarah wrote:
Hey! I was in touch with our design consultant and sent me some prices for things that are not included in the design package. For 36' Plan 4:

1) To install faux doors on island side only $ 262.00; faux door on back of the island $ 655.00. Island is not large enough to install a wine rack.

2) Delete kneewalls: To install standard handrail with chamfered pickets both knee walls (includes 2 square post) $ 2,832.00. Staining will be included with staircase stain order

3) Frameless shower enclosure as per bath oasis layout $ $ 3,099.00. Shower is not large enough to install a shower seat.

4) There is a hose bib in the garage as well as the backyard.

Hope this helps!

thats awesome! we needed these prices!! Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:24 pm 

Just finished upgrading our 36' plan 4 chef's kitchen.

just a tip, you can save plenty by keeping everything standard with Mattamy, (except going with the chefs plan). Added cabinets bells n' whistles afterwards. -- alternate granite, plumbing suppliers. IN our case, Cartier kitchens for our cabinets, and if your handy doing the install yourself.

...just have to change that Mattamy pendant over the dinette, and add some casing to that entrance.

I love the spirit homes. I wouldn't have been able to afford to customize this way in a standard mattamy model.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 am 

seamas13 wrote:

just a tip, you can save plenty by keeping everything standard with Mattamy, (except going with the chefs plan). Added cabinets bells n' whistles afterwards. -- alternate granite, plumbing suppliers. IN our case, Cartier kitchens for our cabinets, and if your handy doing the install yourself.

...just have to change that Mattamy pendant over the dinette, and add some casing to that entrance.

I love the spirit homes. I wouldn't have been able to afford to customize this way in a standard mattamy model.

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! I love how you put in more cabinets and a pantry!! Did you install the cabinets your self or did you have Cartier do it? Also, if you dont mind me asking, how much more were the added cabinets, did you replace all of them or just a few?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:39 am 

Vin_Mer wrote:
seamas13 wrote:

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! I love how you put in more cabinets and a pantry!! Did you install the cabinets your self or did you have Cartier do it? Also, if you dont mind me asking, how much more were the added cabinets, did you replace all of them or just a few?

The hearth style structure and wide pot/ pan drawer was roughly 2k in cabinetry and the pantry was about 1k. I flushed out the existing fridge upper so I didn't have to upgrade to the deep upper and gable with the builder. Another 1k in crown/valance material. I also had to add a new power-pack blower fan ($500) and new duct work.
From what I hear installed prices are +1.5 - 2 times the material cost, so I opt'd to do it myself. fairly decent size job for one person to do, but was fun.
I don't know if the builder would install something like this, but if you had Cartier do it, I'm guessing between 10-15k ??
Their direct prices aren't too bad, but they aren't the most customer friendly company. They're delivery charges are ridiculous too, so I choose to get a truck and pickup in Brampton. ..Was an adventure..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 am 

seamas13 wrote:
Vin_Mer wrote:
seamas13 wrote:

The hearth style structure and wide pot/ pan drawer was roughly 2k in cabinetry and the pantry was about 1k. I flushed out the existing fridge upper so I didn't have to upgrade to the deep upper and gable with the builder. Another 1k in crown/valance material. I also had to add a new power-pack blower fan ($500) and new duct work.
From what I hear installed prices are +1.5 - 2 times the material cost, so I opt'd to do it myself. fairly decent size job for one person to do, but was fun.
I don't know if the builder would install something like this, but if you had Cartier do it, I'm guessing between 10-15k ??
Their direct prices aren't too bad, but they aren't the most customer friendly company. They're delivery charges are ridiculous too, so I choose to get a truck and pickup in Brampton. ..Was an adventure..

Thanks so much for the info! I love your kitchen! What concerns me is the lack of cabinets with the standard kitchen, I would love to have the pantry put in!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 am 

Vin_Mer wrote:
seamas13 wrote:
Vin_Mer wrote:
seamas13 wrote:

Thanks so much for the info! I love your kitchen! What concerns me is the lack of cabinets with the standard kitchen, I would love to have the pantry put in!

I agree.
the pantry will make a huge difference. It's 24" deep so lots of room for storage. Well worth the $.
We also added a wire shelf unit inside the kitchen closet (costco $100) to act as a pantry. Now there's too much storage room :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:23 am 

There's NEVER too much storage room in a kitchen :)

Fantastic job - that is one of THE nicest Plan 4 kitchens I've seen. The pantry in that location is a fabulous idea!

Do you mind if I save a copy of your pictures to show people potential "before" and "after" shots?

search for Milton's Favourite Realtor!

REVEL REALTY -- MILTON'S FAVOURITE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, as voted by YOU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 am 

Fred D wrote:
There's NEVER too much storage room in a kitchen :)

Fantastic job - that is one of THE nicest Plan 4 kitchens I've seen. The pantry in that location is a fabulous idea!

Do you mind if I save a copy of your pictures to show people potential "before" and "after" shots?

Thanks, yup feel free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:44 pm 

jmith wrote:
seamas13 wrote:

Looks fantastic... we want something similar to your kitchen as well.

So from mattamy you got Chefs kitchen and you left all the cabinetry stock/base?

And bought the cabinetry afterwards from cartier?

Just wondering as i would have to get them installed if its worth it to ask mattamy to do something what you have done or get it done afterwards.

Also Which cabinets did you get after closing? Which level?

I would say do it after closing for sure. I doubt Mattamy would entertain it. They seem to do everything by the book.
They are standard cabinets. Wenge in colour. I liked the shaker style, fit's well with the craftman styling of the home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:08 am 

beautiful kitchen! Love the lighting and the pantry....wish Mattamy offered that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:55 pm 

uploaded pics of the brick selections for Plan 4 Elevation F.

http://www.miltonlifestyle.com/threads/ ... -plan-4.26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 am 

Scott & Sarah wrote:
If anyone has a 3 bedroom plan 4 with the family room on the second floor, can you post pics of the family room? Thanks!!

The link below is of a plan 4 with the 3 bedroom and family room that is currently for sale. It has good pictures of what the rooms in the house will look like. I don't think that this house has 9 foot ceilings on the main floor. I hope this helps...

http://comfree.com/2-storey-for-sale-mi ... rio-214301

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:50 pm 

Elevation F, first time ever built.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next