HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 43' Plan 3 Pictures
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:39 pm 

Does anyone has interior pictures of 43' Plan 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 am 

You've a beautiful house. Thank you for sharing.

I can see you have done many upgrades. Did you get the partition between the living room and dinning room through the builder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 am 

fmir wrote:
You've a beautiful house. Thank you for sharing.

I can see you have done many upgrades. Did you get the partition between the living room and dinning room through the builder?

That's not my house. It's on MLS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 am 

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm 

It seemed the wall between the living and dinning can be opened. Does anyone know if the wall between the dinning and great room can be opened? or half opened, e.g. have kneewall and above the kneewall is open. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:54 pm 

badboy09 wrote:
It seemed the wall between the living and dinning can be opened. Does anyone know if the wall between the dinning and great room can be opened? or half opened, e.g. have kneewall and above the kneewall is open. Thanks.

This house was upgraded cosmetically to flip. I went to the open house and it looks amazing at first. Then I started to notice uneven finishes and things weren't part of Mattamy upgrade. Like the open wall between the living room and the dinning room. So I ask the agent about the opening and he said the owner paid someone to do it after closing. That wall is a supporting wall. So right away, I knew this will void your structural warranty with tarion. The agent said the owner did all the upgrades, finishes and arches himself. He's not in construction but a banker. This was his 3rd flip. It looks great but if you look closely you can tell it was a DIY. He also put two columns to split the kitchen and the great room. It looks good until I knock on it and it was very hallow. Not sure what he used inside the columns to secure it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 am 

rrknight - thanks for sharing these pics !

I searched mls & cannot find this house.
Do you recall the asking price & perhaps the area also ?!

Thanks in advance :D

s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 am 

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.a ... =908769627

I know the salesperson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am 

Thanks !

IMO could be priced higher :wink:

s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 pm 

sbd wrote:
Thanks !

IMO could be priced higher :wink:

s

They were looking for a bidding war but they only got one offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:47 pm 

givenchy wrote:
rrknight, how did you know that they had one offer?:) are you the one who made an offer? j/k.

I went to that open house too. WOW! i thought its a model home! I'm actually impressed. there are little imperfections but not that bad, not big deal, anyway, even those skilled mattamy workers do crappy job:)
I would like to do the same thing on my own house, opening the wall, the contructors must know what they are doing before tearing down the wall, if you noticed this has been resupported by the 2 columns on each side and agent told me its a professional contructor who did it for them.
If it's his 3rd flip? so he must know what he is doing then. And if he's a banker or whatever, I don't think it matters, it doesn't matter what kind of job he do or someone does to know or do DIY:) I am not in construction myself but I can do DIY too:) Pity for those who doesn't know... why pay if you can?
rrknight, for what i know, columns has diff kinds and use, can be solid and hollow, advisable to use a solid one if this is being used as a supporting or for load bearing wall. If this was used only to divide two areas or sections, it don't need to be solid as there's no point... some columns are prestanding and hollow inside, I would say they did a good job putting a column there, theirs are actually more solid as they have solid base column connecting to the ceiling. I could imagine how hard it is, you have to have real talent to do it. Their powder room is so nice too, they changed the pedestal sink with a modern glass bowl. I took some pictures thru my iphone will post it later. Well done.

Upstairs I didn't find any upgrades but decorated so neatly and simple. But what I loved the most is the main floor ceiling. Ceiling is usually the most neglected part of the house, but that ceiling stands out. Simply done but makes a big difference.
Yes, they could have priced it higher as compared to their comparable homes.

Well if he hired a contractor to open up that supporting wall, I hope he got permits. If you don't care for the warranty, then go ahead and make all the changes you want. I rather play it safe and not touch my structural until my 7 year Tarion is up. Yes, Mattamy upgrade work is not perfect too but they use the right materials for the curve arches, not by cutting plywood by hands. You can tell the arches were not perfectly round and it didn't have round beads. The columns between the kitchen and great room looks nice but I would at least put real columns up with proper solid structure. Why? Well it's brown and its right next to the stairs in your blind spot. If you have kids, it will not take long for them to knock it over. If you notice, the two columns were attach to the curve structure connected to the ceiling and wall. That was hollow too. Yes, I did notice they did all the cosmetic work on the first floor and left it bare on the second floor except they upgraded bath oasis. The ceiling work on the first floor is very nice. They were priced low hoping for a bidding war but they only got one offer. I know because I called the agent and asked him. I was curious what my future house will worth. Then again, I'm not selling my new house. It's going to be my forever house. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 pm 

givenchy wrote:
lol! i did the same rrknight, called him too and asked about the bidding war, he said there are about 2 more interested but not willing to participate in the bidding war:) he said the house gets lots of interests and showings. See what happened next, i'm curious how much this would sell.

Looks like you have the same house model? from your avatar... what location? did Mattamy had released more Spirit 43's? curious how much is this selling for now at Mattamy? any pricelist?

Yes, I got the same model from phase 1 of HVOTP. They are not releasing any at HVOTP but they will release the last remaining lots on Vista but they are not spirit home. The price have gone up another $20K since I bought. I was the one manning the list during that first release and got the biggest pie shape lot. I notice you also got a 43' in 2009. Which model did you get? Let me guess.....Plan 3B. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 pm 

givenchy wrote:
yes we have the same:)

What model are you upgrading to next? Are you looking at the last release of the 50' lots? There is a good chance that Mattamy will no longer be releasing anymore 50' after this last phase. Just like they did with 60', 56' and 53' lots.

Post subject: Posted pictures
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:26 pm 

Finally someone posts acutally pictures. Come on people we want to see your beautfiul homes and get some ideas!