HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: a request to all models
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:59 am 

I have been a faithful reader and oogler of all the new homes built in HVE.
I drove by this weekend and was amazed at some of the homes and scared at the same time..
amazed because as a neighborhood they seemed all stunning. I just stood there in awe of some of your new homes..keeping my drool at a minimum...
Scared because I just bought a similar plan in Brampton Mt Pleasant village..I bought a 30 lot--even smaller than the smallest of lots at HVE, so i am really nervous what my home may look like...
Some if not all of the homes being so close together on a street.
Does it feel congested to you??
I also noted the homes with the really small frontages. I thought if kids are out in front, they are literally in the street in some cases...
and in other cases, two car garages that can fit only one and half car. (the staggered garages)..

I hope i am not opening a can of worms here. do you guys have any concerns about being so close to the street and one another??

Here is the request: Is it possible to post your exterior shots of your new homes..especially those that have just moved into your homes when you feel settled in....
t would be great to see how close the artist rendition got to the real thing.
Your new homes are simply beautiful. I loved the darker exterior pkgs..wow. just wow...

Love all the pictures posted here.. I have been glued to this daily..in anticipation. THank you again--I have learned tremendously from HVE discussion board even those posts that diss brampton.

Post subject: Yup... I agree
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm 

Yup! It seems that in newer communities, home are built really close together. That's just the way it is now. One does not get much of a front or back yard and the view from my diningroom & kitchen window are my neighbour's lovely walls. Master bedrooms too are not the size they used to be.

But growing up in an apartment building in downtown Toronto, I am not bothered by the closeness. I don't mind it all.

On the other hand, I have a frend who is a die hard gardener and landscape designer and she moans in pain everytime she looks at the backyard of many new builds. All she can think of is the garden she cannot create....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 pm 

All the newer developments are more congested than the older ones. They also have less frontage space. Although, you should have a little more frontage space in Brampton, than in Milton. The one thing I really hate in Milton of the newer developments is how close the the homes are to the street and how small the lots are, but personally I love the community and find it not to be so busy as compared to Mississauga and Brampton.

I think the congested feel and frontage space are the least of you problems in Brampton. Personally, I think you'll be moving from there after a year or two. Almost everyone I know that has moved there has moved out after a couple years...Who knows, maybe you'll like it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm 

I wanted to thank you all for submitting your thoughts...
before this gets deleted..

I am saddened at the reality of purchasing a home in one of these "new urban village" developments happening now...
I know it is promoted with getting to know your neighbour better, and more closeness in the neighbourhood...etc stuff, however i think we can still achieve that culture with bigger yards, and frontages of the past..

Not meaning to demean this concept, i hope we dont end up paying for a detached home and end up getting the lot of a condo unit....
"not that there is anything wrong with that"....
again no offense anyone...pls...

this is our reality...
yes, i have been strolling through googlestreet view..thanks again.
take care all..
NKM