HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Windmere Elevation F
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 pm 

Hey Jeff...yup the double vanity has to b done by the builder :(
I went wid the chefs kitchen..I needed the island for serving purposes so I had to move the sink to the odr side...it was around 1750 if I remember properly...

The quartz is around 6400 with the alternate layout and granite around 7400....these r big lolz

Regular:
Sous is 908
execurive 2136
Master 2536
Grande 3861

For alternate layout its:

Sous 1116
executive 2625
Master 3150
And no grande package for my kitchen...n officially the prices are different for my kitchen :(

Im nt sure if ill take any of these...aAlthough I want to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm 

I also plan to get the rough in over island for pendant lighting later....277
Ill get the base waste recycling cabinets in kitchen...523..I dunno what wud b the price if I get it done later.

I may also go wid the stainless steel hood microwave if they allow me...cz I compared the price and its almost the same..only a 50 bucks more..n that cud b the labour price...777

How abt urself...what upgrades do u plan to go with...im a first time buyer so plz feel free to advice me :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 pm 

Thanks Pablo!

Just for clarification, which of the upgraded kitchen package (sous/executive/etc.) pricing you posted is for the CHEF'S KITCHEN ("L"-layout)?

Also, do you have the pricing for a glass door on the cabinets?

We purchased the CHEF'S KITCHEN layout and are opting to upgrade to the SOUS design package. We like the look of the angled corner cabinet, the lower valence moulding (so I can install valence lighting AFTER closing), as well as the deeper (sticks out more to the front) fridge cabinet from a more flush look.

I also want to get a glass door for the angled, corner cabinet, as well as probably pay (upgrade) to have the inside of that 1 cabinet stained the outside color. Also looking at getting the pendant lighting rough-in above the island, and deleting the cabinets above the stove so we can install a chimney-style range hood.

Probably going to get a quartz countertop installed after closing since the Mattamy price is insane. If it was under $5000 I would've considered it through the builder, but if its $6400-7400....no thanks! I already got a few quotes from a few granite/quartz dealers that were referrals from this site and they were MUCH cheaper.

Still on the fence about hardwood vs 45 degree angled tiles in the kitchen. That's the biggest question mark right now :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:36 am 

Hey Jeff Dee..

No problem :)

The sous layout for chefs kitchen is 1116 if you go with the standard cabinets..
The glass door is 278 each with just plain glass.....mulliin glass is 470 and frosted glass is 338 (each).

I like ur idea of the chimney hood fan..but I might go for the microwave above cz I need more space.

Intially I also wanted to go with hardwood all over kitchen and breakfast. .it luks awesome...but cz I hv younger kids n alotta parties..im worried abt the wear n tear n the water spills...cz if I hv to change it..then I'll hv to change all over the mainfloor...I dunno if they can match the same flooring later. .the price for the kitchen n breakfast area wud b 1086...which is not bad..

And the upper hall wid the nook is 1795...I hope that helps.

U mind me asking where u got your quotes for granite. .n how much is the price difference including the undermount sink n upgraded faucet....vr not the handy type..n find it difficult to do stuff later.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm 

hello,

So I finally got my booklet from DC but no appointment yet. To be honest the booklet is not much of help.

I need to go back to one of the open house hours again and look around before making my mind.

I am aiming towards the executive kitchen package - even though its abit expansive but i wonder if there a a built in place for microwave up the stove.

Does anyone know if crown moulding is included in first floor ? If that i might consider that depending on the price.

do i also need to re-inforce the place for future chandaliers ? Incase i put a heavy one ? Proably not but you never know.

The knee wall btw the DEN and the great room annoys me lol - i really need to do something about it... I wish we had an option to add a window on teh right side instead of those knee walls. My concer would be that if you put a coach int eh great room the knee wall behind the coach kinna looks bad unless its higher than actual/average kneee lol.

Also, hopefully i can have hardwood in uptairs hall instead of carpet .. why couldnt they just make the upstairs hall hardwood too -

As for know i am confused and probably need to go the DC couple of times before my actual appointment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm 

Hi Aaa
The knee wall is not the actual knee length. .its a lil taller...the waist length ...
The hardwood in the upstairs hall would cost around 1795. ..including the nook.
My design appointment is tomorrow. .lets hope it goes well...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:47 pm 

Hi Pablo,

Good luck with DC appointment tomorrow ! I can't believe they are charging us to remove the knee wall from upstairs's hall and have pockets and trails. Dont know why they have the knee wall to begin with.

I am planning on getting pot lights in the kitchen and on top of the island. I am confused with rough in for pot lights in the kitchen and the Island. Does that mean its all done all we have to do is buy the light ourselves and install? Do we need an electrician for that ?

Our DC appointment is first week of March so hopefully by then we will have some idea.

Let me know how it goes tmrw.

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:48 pm 

Hi Aaa
....yup. oncr u hv the pendant rough in...u can install ur pendant lights later...
I got the wholes closed in the den...so now therz no window at all....I know there wud b no natural light...but at least it wont bother me :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 pm 

pablo wrote:
Hi Aaa
....yup. oncr u hv the pendant rough in...u can install ur pendant lights later...
I got the wholes closed in the den...so now therz no window at all....I know there wud b no natural light...but at least it wont bother me :)

Hey Pablo,
I am glad the DC went well. We are still not sure whether se should close it or leave them open. I was thinking of keeping them open and once we move in and dont like them i can close them.

It would be alot easier if they could provide us with a proper sketch or a picture of how those knee walls look like lol

Also, we decided to get AC off mattamy - dont knw what brand it is or whether it comes with himidifier/dehumifier
Reason being is that for peace of mind - if u install AC from any where else and there is a crack on ur foundation wall then its a problem - mattamy wont cover it. Also ur warranty for furnace will be avoid. For these reasons - we decided to pay abit more and get it off mattamy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 pm 

Hey Pablo,

With the Chef's kitchen, did they allow you to completely delete the bulk head?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm 

Hey Jeff D...no they did not delete the bulkheads for the sous package...they would do it if they r adding a crown in the kitchen :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:06 pm 

So i drove by construction site today and looked around to see if work has started - nothing so far. Only some foundation work on town-houses.

Hopefully the weather improves and foundation work starts on lots.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:03 pm 

pablo wrote:
U mind me asking where u got your quotes for granite. .n how much is the price difference including the undermount sink n upgraded faucet....vr not the handy type..n find it difficult to do stuff later.

Ah crap, I missed this part. Sorry for the late reply. :/ The quotes I got for the chefs kitchen in Quartz ranged from about $3300-4500 including an undermount sink. Granite prices were generally cheaper but really dependent on the rock's natural design. The fancier, the more $$$. No plumbing done but shouldn't be hard. Removal of existing counters was about $150-250 depending on which company. I got quotes from Elite Granite Marble (Milton), stone masters in York region, and City Home granite stone in Etobicoke.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 am 

Not a problem Jeff Dee...thanx for the info...my husband dint want to do it later so he got it done by the builder....it cost us around 6400...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 pm 

Pics of an actual Windmere

Windmere, Elevation F (front):

Windmere, Elevation F (front):

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next