HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Windmere Elevation F
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:36 pm 

Hello,

Has any purchased windmere elevation F in phase 3 or any other elevations?

Pictures /suggestions / experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Windmere Elevation F
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:06 pm 

Hi...v purchased windmere elevation B in phase 7....I hope v can discuss r progress together n share pics....when r u guys closing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:10 pm 

Yea sure. We are closing on sept 23rd 3014.

Still waiting on our DC appt. so far we havent got a call or email

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:35 pm 

Hey Aaa and pablo, I have a Windmere in Phase 3 closing September 25th.

One thing we're going to do is remove the knee wall from the 2nd floor and replace it with a railing.

I look at a lot of Wood Lily's and Plan 12's for inspiration as the layout is about 90% similar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 pm 

Jee Dee,

Why would u remove the knee wall on the second floor ?

I want to remove the two knee walls from dinning room . I really want to see how it looks though.

Do u knw if we have hardwood on the second floor hall or carpet ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 pm 

I want to remove the knee wall upstairs and replace it with a railing so its a continuation of the stairs *and* because I think it opens up the place. Mind you, this is my opinion. Since our stairs is not circular (so it has no open to above space), its against a wall. As you walk upstairs, I dont want to feel like im enclosed between 2 solid walls.

These aren't from a Windmere, but it'll give you an idea of "opening up the place" vs having a solid knee wall. It's from a Spirit 34' Plan 4. Standard it comes with a large knee wall like ours.

VERSUS a wall on both sides

I don't mind the knee walls in the den/living room as I wanted separation between the great room. Since we'll be using it as a formal living room, if we opened it up completely, it'll be like 2 rooms with couches/coffee table/accent chairs side by side....sort of like an extension of the great room. (Plus I 'think' in the middle between the 2 openings there is a load bearing pillar).

If we closed up the knee walls, the room would get no natural light as there are no windows. This would work if it was actually going to be used as a den or office.

In the floor plan, the illustration they have for the knee wall doesnt look too bad. At least the openings look framed so it looks finished

Upstairs comes with carpet in one of the 5 standard color choices.

Attachments:
windmere_main.jpg
windmere_main.jpg [ 78.19 KiB | Viewed 8587 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm 

Thanks for the pictures. I wonder how much it will cost to have it removed .

For the Den room, i am going with a french door. Wish we had a window in the DEN room then it would make sense to close the knee wall btw living room and DEN.

Depending on the elevation, the garage door is standard. I need to find out if our elvation would be okay to have the door from the garage to the hall.

Here are the things that we have in mind to get from DC: (depending on the price - i haven't got my booklet yet)

* French door in DEN
*double sink in the master batheroom
*light pots in the kitchen
*plasma ready wall on top of the fireplace
*water line to the fridge
*rough in in teh basement for future three piece washroom
*front door -upgrade - perhaps a double door if possible

Those are the things that we have decided so far and hopefully the $5000 bonus will cover that.

We were thinking of getting the shower doors but from i heard and read it will cost alot to get them from mattamy.

We are going to the DC the weekends to look around and be prepared once we have our DC appointment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 pm 

Changing the 2nd floor knee wall to rails and pickets will cost about $1500. That seems to be the rough going rate for that upgrade based on the cost for the Wood Lily (old pricing), but also for some of my friends houses that are closing in Phase 7.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:08 pm 

Aaa wrote:
Thanks for the pictures. I wonder how much it will cost to have it removed .

For the Den room, i am going with a french door. Wish we had a window in the DEN room then it would make sense to close the knee wall btw living room and DEN.

Depending on the elevation, the garage door is standard. I need to find out if our elvation would be okay to have the door from the garage to the hall.

Here are the things that we have in mind to get from DC: (depending on the price - i haven't got my booklet yet)

* French door in DEN
*double sink in the master batheroom
*light pots in the kitchen
*plasma ready wall on top of the fireplace
*water line to the fridge
*rough in in teh basement for future three piece washroom

Those are the things that we have decided so far and hopefully the $5000 bonus will cover that.

We were thinking of getting the shower doors but from i heard and read it will cost alot to get them from mattamy.

We are going to the DC the weekends to look around and be prepared once we have our DC appointment.

You're welcome with the pics! :)

I can try to help with some of the upgrade pricing:

* French door in DEN
*double sink in the master batheroom ---> approx $700 (ESTIMATE based on older phase)
*light pots in the kitchen --> $232 each (ACTUAL cost at D.C.)
*plasma ready wall on top of the fireplace --> $279 (ACTUAL cost at D.C.)
*water line to the fridge --> $192 (ACTUAL cost at D.C.)

The $5k in D.C. upgrades can go towards these

*rough in in the basement for future three piece washroom --> $1249 (ACTUAL cost)
***This needed to be done within 10 days as an Architects Choice Option***. It goes to the total cost of the house and is not covered by the $5k D.C. bonus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:14 pm 

Oh so then we missed that :( its been more than ten days.

We relocated the laundry from upstairs to the basement but we they never told us abt the three piece rough in in the basement. I need that incase we fix the basement in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 pm 

You can hopefully send them an email saying you missed the "Rec Room Ready package" (that's their fancy way of calling a 3-piece bathroom rough in) from your Arch Choice options because the name is misleading.

Don't back down without a fight! Since its still early and they haven't started building yet, hopefully they'll let you add that option.

But it was definitely one of those options you had to submit and sign-off on as you did with the laundry relocation (was it the bath oasis you added?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:27 pm 

Yea i just called them now but their office closed due to snow. Definitely going there on sat or calling them tmrw :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 pm 

Ok so I got my design book n can help u wid the prices.

I also intend to do the railing upstairs. .n with the standard pickets..they quoted me 1100.

The two windows in the den initially bothered me cz inline wid the door opening. ...as in 3 openings in one wall luked weird..I asked my dc if ill get trims around or can get potlights done...so mayb a nice sculpture wud luk really gud...but nope!!
Its only trimmed on the base...n the wall is too thin for a pot light.

But now that u mentioned the light aspect n no window..I do agree itz functional :)

V got the basement rough in.
N a third washroom upstairs..its an ensuite to the 4th bedroom...that way my guests wud b totally separate :)

The french door option is good too...only u need to upgrade the door option first 700 something and then upgrade to french doors ..additional 1425.....I think ill get it done after closing..I totally love the idea of french doors..but will b using the den as a formal living room...so wanna place my furniture first n then install doors. .just wanna make sure I hv enuf room :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 pm 

Also the option of double vanity in the master was quoted 951 !!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:03 pm 

pablo wrote:
Also the option of double vanity in the master was quoted 951 !!

Hey Pablo,

Thanks for the update on the pricing. $950 for the double vanity in the bath oasis??? Sheesh! Highway robbery. I'm pretty disappointed, yet sadly its one of those things I'd still do it with the builder :(

If you dont mind sharing, what other upgrades did you do and how much did they cost?

I'm interested in how much the different kitchen packages cost (sous, executive, etc.) as well as the cabinet upgrade levels.

Also, how much a granite or quartz countertop will cost.

Thanks!