HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

There are three versions of the Tothburg (Tothburg I, Tothburg II, Tothburg III) as it was a popular 56' widelot design. Mattamy also had a Tothburg Model home open for viewing (it's recently been closed).

New in the Tothburg III were some elevations had a second floor balcony.

While in the Tothburg II there are some where you can have a very large open-to-above area in the main entrance (this option's not available in Tothburg III's for some reason) which gives for a very majestic entrance IMHO.

The Tothburg II also had the option where the stairs going to the basement could be open to above (ground floor) and were curved/fully upgraded, this didn't seem to be available with the Tothburg III's but I could be mistaken.

The Tothburg III also has some different exterior elevations than the Tothburg II. I don't have pictures for all of them.

Tothburg II Exterior Elevation C
Below was not yet completed, i.e. columns & doors weren't yet painted, porch rail missing.

Tothburg II & III Exterior Elevation A
Image Image

Tothburg II Exterior Elevation B
missing....don't have image

Tothburg III Exterior Elevation B
Image Image

Tothburg III Exterior Elevation C

Tothburg III Exterior Elevation D

There are many different layout options for the Tothburg. I don't have the ones for Tothburg I or II scanned in anymore. Here's one of the layouts of a Tothburg III.
ImageImage

Look at http://www.rick.dilorenzo.com/kitchen.html for sample pictures of Tothburg Kitchens
Look at http://www.rick.dilorenzo.com/stairs.html for sample pictures of Tothburg entrance & stairs.

We live in a Tothburg II, so if you have other questions about this model you could PM me.

Click on the below link for the floorplans of the Tothburg III
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/tothbu ... urgIII.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

raika wrote:
WOW!
Ol Skool - that was a beautiful house ... is it up for sale?
Yes it is. It's $649,900, on Rixon Way just off of Trudeau, and is listed on MLS at http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx? ... ID=6817502

It's a larger sized lot than normal (both wider and deeper than standard) so that's how they were able to fit the pool in the backyard.

From the pictures, lots of upgrades in the kitchen, laundry room, common room upstairs & Butlers pantry.

Kitchen's gorgeous. Normally I like a darker stain, but they made it look fantastic with this light one.

Last edited by Rick Di Lorenzo on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

Btw, that house on Rixon....too me it really looks underpriced. Just based on the upgrades and lot size. There are several Tothburgs currently listed at a much higher price than it, with less upgrades.

If I had a million dollars, and didn't absolutely love Winter Cres, I'd consider switching to that one :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:48 am 

Wow. To whomever owns this house and if you're on this board - good job.

I especially like the fireplace mantle, study area upstairs and the effect that the thinner hardwood gives to the vastness of the house; it is also a great contrast to the lighter cabinets in the kitchen.

The pool is a nice bonus as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

janda_mel wrote:
Wow. To whomever owns this house and if you're on this board - good job.

I especially like the fireplace mantle, study area upstairs and the effect that the thinner hardwood gives to the vastness of the house; it is also a great contrast to the lighter cabinets in the kitchen.

The pool is a nice bonus as well.
I dont' think they are on the forums. But if they were I'd love to ask them some questions about how they decorated the house. They made some nice choices.

I spoke to Katherine Barnett (the real estate agent) and it's currently conditionally sold. She couldn't say for how much yet since it's still all conditional, but reading between the lines, I'm guessing there were multiple offers so I won't be surprised if it ended up selling for more than the list price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 pm 

Anybody else out there with a nicely decorated Tothburg? We are planning to spruce up ours soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

hollymolly...

Two big surprises... That gorgeous house just went for....wait for it...

$681,000.00

...which is a new record for Hawthorne Village. A house has never sold for that much before in HV.

The other surprise is the new owner, it's someone I've heard of and seen before, but to respect their privacy I'm not going to post their name.

We were actually bidding on it, we went up to $654,000 on our own offer. There were 3 parties bidding for the house in total. I really felt the house was going to go over asking price, but I didn't think 681k. It's a new high for Hawthorne Village.

Congrats Kelleigh on your home breaking records ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:32 am 

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I would just like to know if anyone has any actual photos of these homes? I would be grateful if someone could upload them.

Many thanks!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:22 pm 

Also, do Mattamy still sell these models? They are not listed on their website?

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:36 pm 

act1980 wrote:
Also, do Mattamy still sell these models? They are not listed on their website?

Thanks!!

I believe they stopped making the Tothburg model(s) in Phase 1 HVE, but had a couple of 56' Tothburgs built in Phase 2 on Cusik. It is a retired model and I'm not sure they offer 56' lots at all anymore.
We wanted a 56' when we bought in Ph2, but the largest they had available were 50' and smaller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:26 am 

Thanks for your reply! :)

I really love the house with the downstairs porch and upstairs balcony. Unfortunately Mattamy are not selling any models that look like that at the moment apart from the Shadebush (we don't like the floorplan too much on that one though?

Don't suppose anyone know's if they will release any other models that are similar in the future?

Sorry for asking all these questions, it's just we have applied to move to Canada from the UK and we are looking to buy one of these homes eventually :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

act1980 wrote:
Thanks for your reply! :)

I really love the house with the downstairs porch and upstairs balcony. Unfortunately Mattamy are not selling any models that look like that at the moment apart from the Shadebush (we don't like the floorplan too much on that one though?

Don't suppose anyone know's if they will release any other models that are similar in the future?

Sorry for asking all these questions, it's just we have applied to move to Canada from the UK and we are looking to buy one of these homes eventually :D
The tothburg III version that has that upstairs balcony is rare. I haven't seen them on the resale market yet. If your interested I'd try giving Mattamy a call, but don't hold your hopes out as previously mentioned they currently don't list this model for sale anymore new. But with the real estate market not doing that well now, maybe if you said you really wanted to buy one, who knows they might make an exception.

There are usually several tothburgs on the resale market though, but I haven't seen the one with the balcony on the 2nd floor yet, as that was a new version and they didn't make many of them. There's actually a Tothburg II elevation A for sale right now right across the street from our own house.

You can go to http://www.rick.dilorenzo.com/kitchen.html and http://www.rick.dilorenzo.com/stairs.html to see some more pictures of Tothburg interiors.

We're in a Tothburg II Elv C, and we really like the floor plan/house. The way people finish the interior though makes a big difference to the look and feel though of the house. They built a lot of Tothburg I's and II's, and usually in any given month there's likely a couple up for re-sale in Milton. So if you like the model, just use www.mls.ca to find some. There's 2 listed currently...
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... Id=7775555
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... Id=7410398
... But every month or so new ones get put up for resale. Mostly because in previous phases the Tothburg was a very popular model, so many of them were built.