HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:31 pm 

Yes, they take that much.. instead of paying them the commission, we keep it for ourselves.. Do you really think that's a good reason to price our house lower? We are still doing the work ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm 

You mean this one? Apparently it did actually sell for asking

http://www.torontomls.net/PublicWeb/CL_ ... 3&t=l&fm=M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:13 pm 

I figured that's why it was that much more. We feel really comfortable with this price and we're trying not to be greedy... It's so hard though!! haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 pm 

SandC wrote:
Hey CupcakeMommies....you have a very beautiful house!! I love your your kitchen. If you wouldn't mind, would it be possible to come by and look at your house? The last house was asking for $385,000 - http://www.katherinebarnett.com/Propert ... d=W0000052

Oh and btw, I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted to see it.. we're having our open house this weekend.. both Sat and Sun from 2-4pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:42 pm 

Hey CupcakeMommies, your house looks exceptional. You have priced it really neat. I really wanted to come and see your home this weekend but unable to make it.
I had seen the home sold last week, though bigger lot but not many upgrades.
All the best. hope you get a good price!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 am 

SandC wrote:
oh cool. I wasn't sure because of their asking price, i thought it might be a Oakwood End which i believe is slightly bigger then a Westgate. Do you know if they are having any open house hours during the weekend?

They had an open house on saturday only.. I had a look around and I was gob-smacked about the price.. I mean, it's nice but $394,500?!

I asked the realtor why so much and she stared at me like a deer in headlights for about 10 seconds and then mentioned some upgrades.. she said the kitchen was upgraded, when in fact, it's a standard kitchen!!

I don't get it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 am 

I don't mind it cause it gives us more comparison's to justify our price!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:18 am 

Thanks for the boost.. We're being patient.. it certainly takes a little longer when selling privately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:10 pm 

SandC wrote:
Found another one. This one looks really nice. http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... 1007458583

Wow!! so many westgate's on sale lately!!
I saw this one on the weekend - open house. Nice house. Kept really well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:29 pm 

CanuckMark & SandC, you both making me think twice about my selection.
We have chosen white color cabinets in kitchen. My wife loves white.
CanuckMark, I really liked your kitchen, color looks really nice!!

I hope white will look nice too. I do not see any Westgate with white cabinets!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:16 pm 

SandC - we have decided on white cabinets (white Cartier) with (Caledonia) granite counter. Flooring we are going with Reflection espresso.

we are having hard time which color carpet to go with? What are people selecting.
Eventually once we move we will be chaning to hard wood in the family room. But carpet selection has been nightmare.
We selected the extreme bottoms ones at the decor center which are included ones. but unlucky in our lsat visit we were told the manufacturer has closed down, so mattamy is not offering them anymore.

SandC wrote:
White can look good too. White is good at making things look brighter. What are you planning on for your counter top and floors? my friend has a off white kitchen, and it looks great.

I know when me and my husband first started trying to figure out the kitchen...it was soo hard...because the effect of one small sample is different from a whole room. I'm constantly looking at homes that are for sales, home deco magazines, or scanning the web in general...i think so far we've walked in to the design centre 6 times and we've walked out with 4 different colour scheme for our kitchen. But i think now we've locked down on a the ebony cabinets and white floor and counter tops....now it's on to deciding the bathroom :? altho....after looking and CanuckMark's picture's...the dark brown looks nice too...but that would mean changing the floor and counter tops again, i don't think my husband can take an other round of changes. ...hmmm...decisions decisions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm 

I have Natural Maple cabinets, no regrets so far! But the rest of the kitchen is black, tile, counters, appliances. Has anyone solved the issue of the niche in the stairwell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm 

We have a tall thin glass vase with some branches in it... it was really hard to figure out what to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm 

HI Steve & kelly,
Have my appt with the decor centre in next 2 weeks, there are couple of things we are unable to decide which I guess you or other westgaters can help me decide -

- We want to get pot lights in family room but not sure whether to get it from mattamy or get it done later? (if later I am not sure how do they cut open the cieling and pull wires from lights to the switch)
- Pendant lights above the breakfast table - again not sure if to get from mattamy or later? (I guess you need to install a hook in the cieling for this)
- Garage entry door - again ont sure if to get from mattamy or later?
- we are also getting gas range so not sure if we upgrade the gas line from 3/4 to 1"?

THanx in advance!!

Post subject: Niche
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am 

Heres our niches, or nichi or...heres our niche, and also while i am at it here is one more niche : )

The bucket of sticks seems to be the default alright.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next