HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 am
Posts: 901
That's a beautiful Westgate. Same elevation and similar upgrades to ours. Wish we could see more of the basement layout as we are currently contemplating the layout down there...has anyone here finished there's yet? Ideas?

TomnJerry - I agree with the others about the gas line and door to garage...things that aren't easy to do after close are always the best upgrades to choose of course. We still haven't done hardwood 2 years later but are thinking of going for laminate now anyway (given the condition on the hardwood stairs I'm glad we didn't do this right away)

_________________
Heather & Chris

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 130
Heather&Chris wrote:
That's a beautiful Westgate. Same elevation and similar upgrades to ours. Wish we could see more of the basement layout as we are currently contemplating the layout down there...has anyone here finished there's yet? Ideas?

TomnJerry - I agree with the others about the gas line and door to garage...things that aren't easy to do after close are always the best upgrades to choose of course. We still haven't done hardwood 2 years later but are thinking of going for laminate now anyway (given the condition on the hardwood stairs I'm glad we didn't do this right away)


Hey H&C, thank you for your opinion.
What condition of hardwood stairs you mentioned in your post? did you mean to say mattamy provide inferior quality?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 am
Posts: 901
Hi TomNJerry

No, the oak stairs we got from Mattamy were just fine although we chose a very dark stain which needs a lot of upkeep....that combined with three children, a dog and two cats...well, you can imagine. A runner is good idea :)

Good luck!

_________________
Heather & Chris

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 130
Heather&Chris wrote:
Hi TomNJerry

No, the oak stairs we got from Mattamy were just fine although we chose a very dark stain which needs a lot of upkeep....that combined with three children, a dog and two cats...well, you can imagine. A runner is good idea :)

Good luck!


Thanx for the clarrification. We too upgraded to hardwood staircase through mattamy. Our is also a dark stain......


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Another one Listed
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 pm
Posts: 91
http://www.brazeauteam.com/listings/311-prosser-circle-milton

_________________
Chris


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 am
Posts: 15
http://comfree.com/2-storey-for-sale-mi ... rio-303637

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 pm
Posts: 33
It's interesting how different the asking prices are between these last 2 posts...barely a week apart and a $50 000 price difference? am I reading this correctly? - with the lower priced one having many more upgrades, including a finished basement.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 423
haybla wrote:
It's interesting how different the asking prices are between these last 2 posts...barely a week apart and a $50 000 price difference? am I reading this correctly? - with the lower priced one having many more upgrades, including a finished basement.



Funny thing is too that the more expensive one was first listed at $428,900, and for whatever reason the homeowner felt that upping the price was a good selling plan?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 am
Posts: 15
Hi everyone! Krista and I purchased a Westgate Corner Elev. A closing Nov 22/12 in HVOP Phase 4. Just thought we would post a few pictures of the progress up to now:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 am
Posts: 15
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Posts: 27
Well, its been 7 years and I'm finally posting pics of our Westgate. This is one of the first 3 Westgates in Milton and the very first with the wrap around porch.

Its for sale and posted in the Real Estate section and listed on comfree.

Later.

soup. aka Mike


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:10 pm
Posts: 2288
Very nice house!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.108s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]