HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 pm 

Any more recent info on this school as to an opening date?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 pm 

The HDSB website still says occupancy for Anne J. MacArthur is expected in early 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am 

I believe, they are targeting for January, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy and relieved that Irma Coulson Public School (625 Sauve Street) is opening next week September 3rd on schedule http://www.hdsb.ca/Newsroom/Spotlighton ... ,2013.aspx

Best Regards,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Town & Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:42 pm 

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy and relieved that Irma Coulson Public School (625 Sauve Street) is opening next week September 3rd on schedule http://www.hdsb.ca/Newsroom/Spotlighton ... ,2013.aspx

Best Regards,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Town & Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update. The school has been doing a pretty good job of keeping us informed - I get emails on a regular basis and the website has been functional. I was not aware however that there was the possibility of the school not opening on schedule. Perhaps I missed that bit of information but your use of the word "relieved" makes me think that maybe there was a risk. Was there? Was it communicated to parents? If not then there's a real concern to addressed. Before I chat with the trustee, can you share what insight you had on the possibility of the school not opening on time and any contingent plans the HDSB may have considered.

Annie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:32 pm 

you have plenty of time, just relax.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:15 pm 

We attended the FDK orientation at Hawthorne Village PS, but I think we may have missed something. I don't recall a discussion about phased starts like they have done with the every other day program and I forgot to ask the question. Anyone know?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 am 

freemantrailfamily wrote:
We attended the FDK orientation at Hawthorne Village PS, but I think we may have missed something. I don't recall a discussion about phased starts like they have done with the every other day program and I forgot to ask the question. Anyone know?

For all JK students, there will be phased starts, and from what I remember it begins during the first week of school. The school will send you a letter about a week before giving you your dates and times, and then your child will start FT on the following Monday. Don't think this has changed but you can always call the school to ask as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 am 

Thanks! :)
Yeah, I never seem to remember to call within school hours so I appreciate the response.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm 

School is less than a week away people...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 am 

Anyone's school age kids going to new Ann McArthur Public school? Are the classes still being held in portables? Our son will be going to grade 6 in that school. Want to be prepared what to expect. Obviouslt he is not happy about this move and want to make sure he will be well adjusted. Also, input about the school in general will be appreciated. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:06 pm 

Portables are a fact of life at Anne MacArthur for the fore sables future (and most schools in Milton). I don't have kids there, but my oldest is in portables at Irma Coulson and they are kitted our nicely. Air conditioned and heated, but are bright and spacious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:25 pm 

IZM wrote:
Anyone's school age kids going to new Ann McArthur Public school? Are the classes still being held in portables? Our son will be going to grade 6 in that school. Want to be prepared what to expect. Obviouslt he is not happy about this move and want to make sure he will be well adjusted. Also, input about the school in general will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi IZM,

Just wondering how your son's transfer to the new school went? Did you face any issues for transferring in the middle of the term?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 am 

Hi King256, We are still in the process of moving so he has not been transferred yet. But I have spoken to Ann McArthur and they said they get new children every week and there is no issue in transferring as long as you are in that school boundary area. The staff seems to be very cooperative there. I am going to visit the school this Tuesday as well. I just wish our son quickly makes new friends there and is happy. Which grade your child will be going to?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 pm 

Thanks IZM. My kid will go to grade 6 as well.

Last edited by King256 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next