HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 am 

Here is a link to the project details of the Tremaine Road widening project as well as info on the interchange where it is intended to go.

https://www.halton.ca/common/pages/UserFile.aspx?fileId=95803

dillon wrote:
does anyone have a link for a map of where the tremaine/401 interchange is going to be. i apparently naively assumed it would be in the vicinity of tremaine and the 401.

for 6 years i've been living south of derry near savoline, commuting into brampton or toronto every workday. i abhor sitting in traffic. i hardly ever, ever take derry road to go anywhere outside of milton. i very often go west just to get to tremaine, to zip up to steeles and across to 25 to the 401. every minute earlier I can get on to the 401 is that much more traffic i can avoid throughout the 401. if i didn't want to go west first like that, and just sat on derry to go across all the way to - what, trafalgar? - it'd take me an extra half hour to even get onto the 401, and then the traffic on the 401 would be even that much worse.

anyhow, all that is to say, anything that helps me get to the 401 quicker helps, and I can't possibly be the only person in milton in that situation.

but i guess you guys are all saying that for those of you for whom the derry/trafalgar situation is the problem, the tremaine/401 interchange won't help anything. so my question - do you guys take derry all the way into mississauga or toronto, and then back again? I'm just trying to understand this, because i can't think of where'd I'd have to get to that would make me regularly drive across derry at that intersection in bad traffic, as my best option.

and i've had 3 hours sleep in the last 30-40 hrs, so if some of this didn't make sense, that's why. good night.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 am 

Mike_Cluett wrote:
martin prince wrote:
I want someone to own that light and fix it; to make it their pet project. Not to have the traffic dept stick a couple of black car counting strips on the road and adjust without ever actually looking at the intersection. I’m talking about hands on, multiple days on site to see how it works and adjust accordingly and make it never be an issue for us again because they will stay on top of it. No more 4 or 5+ cycles before you get through.

Derry has enough lanes for the traffic load – now please make it so we can use it.

The former representative from Regional Council took that on as his pet project...problem not solved because the focus was on one spot. I want the review of all lights from Derry Trafalgar to JSP to Thompson to Ontario to Bronte St....all have their own issues that add to the problem. The problem needs to be fixed. For that, I will take ownership and make sure the job gets done.

That's how you lock down a vote you were going to get anyway.

In one of your other responses you mentioned the lights can't be green all the time for everyone, for which you are correct and is something we all understand. We just want it better than it is now.

Taking on all of Derry is a big project. So good on ya for dreaming bigger. Looking at in sections like you said is the way to go. JSP, 5th, 6th and Trafalgar can do better at working together as a cluster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm 

What we need is a subway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:56 pm 

Namkia wrote:
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.

So we should have trails joining all schools that are close ? Where does it end . Trails that we have currently are not plowed in winter , would be a joy to watch bikes attempting to cross . The two schools are also accessible from Scott to Savoline via sidewalks on pringle and landsborough . Much safer than trails , especially unplowed ones .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 pm 

I'm not asking to move GDM mountains people just a friggen pedistrian bridge!! Hey know it all Kim if I did know about the meeting your bet you ass I would have been there to add my input as it makes sense. Noti did you hear about the other 3 seasons? You are assuming we are going to have ice/snow every winter....well we don't. Yes it's cold however there have been many winters where we simply have had very limited snow falls/ice storms. I'm glad we could be so organized to build a Velodrome but we do not have any future vision to build a pedestrian bridge connecting 2 schools. This is just one extra option to get people out of their cars, off the road and start walking!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:07 pm 

bremer wrote:
What we need is a subway

Dare I say ... a monorail?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:42 pm 

Monorail? What if the track shall bend? Were you sent here by the devil?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 pm 

freemantrailfamily wrote:
Namkia wrote:
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.

Your community neighbourhood is actually called Scott Neighbourhood. The builder marketting name was Milton Trails. I wouldn't confuse the two. Mike was a strong supporter of the Trails Master Plan update and was at all the public input sessions. Did you express your concern about this connection at any of those meetings?

I wouldn't get too caught up in Milton Trails vs Scott Neighbourhood for the purpose of this thread. The point is everybody including you knows what neighbourhood the poster is talking about, so they made their point.

And I don't really see what difference it makes whether the poster went to any public input sessions or not. Not everybody has the time let alone the inclination to participate in that manner. It certainly doesn't disqualify them from voicing their views or concerns in an alternative forum at a different time. Especially when they are voicing them to the councillor you've identified as the perfect person to communicate them to, in a forum that the councillor himself has used to invite these very views!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:28 pm 

Mike_Cluett wrote:
The struggle is to deal with the feeder roads that go onto Derry Road and unless you live on Derry Road and have direct access, everyone comes out of the feeder roads.

No, that's not the struggle. The struggle is to fix the damn timing at the ONE AND ONLY LIGHT that is solely responsible for the backup.

It has nothing to do with derry road feeder streets. It has everything to do with a single improperly timed derry/trafalgar signal which favours very light Trafalgar Road traffic, while very heavy Derry Road traffic backs up for multiple light cycles to 5th line and worse. There are no feeder streets between 5th line and Trafalgar, and there are no feeder streets between 8th line and trafalgar where the same problem happens in reverse each afternoon, so I don't understand why you keep proposing 'fixes' that have nothing to do with the problem.

Mike_Cluett wrote:
Like some of the previous comments, it really shouldnt be up to the councillor for the area to constantly maintain the lights. Its something that has to be done by staff and make modifications along the way. Thats what theyre paid for. All intersections need to be monitored including one of the biggest problems Derry and Trafalgar.

I hope this helps. These lights and the flow of traffic is critical to make the morning and afternoon commutes as easy as possible for motorists.

Yes it helps. Sadly, it helps me know not to vote for you.

Unreal. Why can't anyone just fix this one friggng horrible light without changing the conversation to feeder streets, other lights, 401 exchanges and the price of tea in China?

Hazel would fix it. I wish we had some Hazels on our council. Instead it seems we have professional politicos who would be great on Sunday talk shows, trying to please everyone with words, but solving nothing.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 pm 

prickly_pete wrote:
One light to rule them all.

Definitely one light to bind us....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:24 am 

I have reviewed the accessible information for all 4 candidates and I seriously believe Mike has this nailed hands down. Mike has solid ideas and vision for this region and I think that out of all 4 he has the experience to get things done by navigating through a lot of the typical BS that happens. Out of the other candidates one does not have a website so I can't understand any vision/plan. One used to be in this position and there is so much 'history' I would not want to go there again. The other candidate to me seems to be too inexperienced to take this on. Mike, you have my vote....... good luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:35 am 

Mike_Cluett wrote:
martin prince wrote:
I want someone to own that light and fix it; to make it their pet project. Not to have the traffic dept stick a couple of black car counting strips on the road and adjust without ever actually looking at the intersection. I’m talking about hands on, multiple days on site to see how it works and adjust accordingly and make it never be an issue for us again because they will stay on top of it. No more 4 or 5+ cycles before you get through.

Derry has enough lanes for the traffic load – now please make it so we can use it.

The former representative from Regional Council took that on as his pet project...problem not solved because the focus was on one spot. I want the review of all lights from Derry Trafalgar to JSP to Thompson to Ontario to Bronte St....all have their own issues that add to the problem. The problem needs to be fixed. For that, I will take ownership and make sure the job gets done.

Good morning, Mike. Hopefully your twitter and email accounts have been buzzing the last couple of weeks because something dramatic has changed along Derry in the morning. We're back to backing up past 5th line again and smooth sailing after passing the Trafalgar light.

So I don't know if the light is out of whack again or one of the other exits in town is under construction, but getting out of town is hell.

Hopefully you can get the powers that be to have a look at how things are working.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:07 am 

It's been bad during evening rush hour as well. Can we just put a massive roundabout there and be done with it? We can erect a statue of Mike in the centre of it if that helps get it done. Traffic lights just aren't working at all.

Also, can something be done about the 5th line/JSP/Trudeau light combo? Can they at least pretend like they are synced up even a little?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm 

I heard the Mayor’s nephew lives on 5th line.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:54 pm 

As someone from a superior neighboring town, I thank you and your towns inability to fix a relatively simple issue. Keeping that north/south Trafalgar traffic light green so long, makes the odd time I decide to go that route so convenient and easy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next