HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:21 pm 

Thanks so much for the support Kim!

If anyone in ward 6 has questions for me, I am most happy to answer them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:04 am 

For those who wanted to know who is Alex Anabusi, here's an interesting animated video! Engaging Introduction to Alex Anabusi, Ward 6 Candidate.

http://alexanabusi.com/2014/10/04/engaging-introduction-to-alex-anabusi-ward-6-candidate/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm 

Candidate Anabusi, now that you got Ferguson paved, could you perhaps see to it that this project gets completed? There is still a wide strip unpaved for whatever reason near the pipeline path, and there is construction signage left over and dumped along the road in many places. And while you are doing your good works, there are also a number of very large cardboard boxes near Guardian Angels school, for about 2 weeks now. With all the rain expected, they will soon become an unsightly sloppy mess. Can you get your friends at town hall to pick them up please? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 pm 

Just as an update, checked this afternoon & the boxes have now been removed from that corner.

As for the strip of unpaved road. My first call had gone to voicemail, second call I spoke with someone at Country Homes who said they had now contacted the site manager and notified them of the situation by Rolph Terrace. They said to check back with them in about a week, but I think I'll give another call in 2 days if I see no change.

The office number for Country Homes is (905)851-6616 if anyone would like to join in and voice your concerns to the developer as well. The developer is NOT Country Homes, but seeing as how they would rather relay the message to the developer for me rather than put me in touch with them directly, this is the most direct way to get a hold of the people responsible for the unpaved strip of road.

Real Estate Sales Representative, Right At Home Realty Inc.

Miltonian!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:59 pm 

I appreciate your involvement in these matters and thank you for the positive action.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 pm 

I know Nik Thakkar since last 5 years through professional and business association. He is very dedicated and committed individual with experience in corporate as well as education world. I am sure his dual experience will come handy in School Trustee position. He will get vote from my family! I am stopping here; not campaigning for him on this forum. This is not the right forum for it :)

Best of luck all candidates! We need a candidate whoe can improve crowded classroom situation. I know my daughter is complaining about it too :-(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:08 pm 

Wanted to provide an update. Had a paving crew finally come in this morning at the gap by Rolph Terrace on Ferguson Dr.

What amazes me with both the paving delay and the paving gap situation was the similarities in how Country Homes went about dealing with the situation. I was given the run-around quite a number of times, and both times it was to the point where they said it was the Town's problem. The second I spoke to town staff, it became clear that it wasn't the Town's problem at all, but the developer's. The Town finally contacts said developer, and the resolution happens quickly. I remember someone pointing out to me at some point that there are cities where it is mandated that the relevant contact information for companies responsible be displayed publicly where they conduct their road work.

I can only imagine how much more accountable the developers would make themselves if this applied to them here as well. That being said, thanks to those who joined our voices together. What is clear from this paving fiasco, though, is that the same diligence is needed until those responsible for our infrastructure get their acts together.

Real Estate Sales Representative, Right At Home Realty Inc.

Miltonian!