HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sherkston anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:27 am 

we ended up getting the 3rd bathroom. it was an architect build. we wanted the laundry but couldn't change it. yup, french chateau. i'll try and get more pics once more has been completed. seems like stucco will only get done when the weather gets warmer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:43 pm 

Just bought sherkston model, closing day oct.1, 2015 If anyone has pictures from last year release of this model, please post them. We are first time home buyers and it is very difficult to imagine how our home will look like.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:56 am 

Hi taniak, I don't have pics but we also bought a sherkston. My closing date is mid December. What lot are you? We are on English mill court lot 120

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 pm 

We are on Farmstead Dr.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:14 pm 

We are on Gibson Cres. We have the sherkston too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:18 pm 

By the way, do you know the width of the fridge in the Sherkston? Is it 30' or 36' ? Also, We have the Alternate Ground Floor Layout so I was wondering what the fridge depth should be because I dont want the fridge door hitting the centre island.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:04 pm 

Hi

Fridge is 36" wide and 71" high. I am not sure about the depth though.

I don't think they would make central island that close to the fridge.

Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm 

pymm wrote:
Hi

Fridge is 36" wide and 71" high. I am not sure about the depth though.

I don't think they would make central island that close to the fridge.

Oh thanks very much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:25 pm 

I just bought a Sherkston in Hawthorne South Phase 2! Alternate ground layout and super shower. Feb 2015 turnover.

I would love to see photos of those ahead.

First questions to this forum:

1. Kitchen floor: ceramic tile or hardwood?

2. Kitchen countertop: granite or Quartz? Any ideas on cost difference?

3. Upgrades: how much did you end up paying extra as upgrades in the Design Centre? What did you mostly upgrade and why?

4. Any one have a design book to share ? :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 am 

Sherky wrote:
I just bought a Sherkston in Hawthorne South Phase 2! Alternate ground layout and super shower. Feb 2015 turnover.

I would love to see photos of those ahead.

First questions to this forum:

1. Kitchen floor: ceramic tile or hardwood?

2. Kitchen countertop: granite or Quartz? Any ideas on cost difference?

3. Upgrades: how much did you end up paying extra as upgrades in the Design Centre? What did you mostly upgrade and why?

4. Any one have a design book to share ? :D

we have the alternate layout as well.
1. we went with the entire ground floor as hardwood so it looked continuous and no checkerboard pattern with tile. seen some homes where it jumps to hardwood then tile a few times. doesn't look good.
2. quartz is better than granite as it doesn't stain, doesn't need a sealer, and can handle higher heats and impacts. only downside is that you wouldn't get the granite look. it's much more plain looking but i love it. had black in the our first house and getting white now.
3. mattamy had a coupon thing for 5 or 10 thousand (can't remember), with that in place our budget for upgrades was $15k. biggest upgrades was the kitchen and floors. after that it was a lot of small electrical stuff. lights, electrical plugs, etc.
4. you'll get your book shortly from mattamy. don't you worry. you have quite a bit of time until your design meeting.

Post subject: Re: Sherkston anyone?...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 pm 

1. We decided to get hardwood floor for the kitchen even thought we have two small children. It is to big of the area to be with tiles, my opinion only... Plus if you are considering tiles- take porcelain, because of their durability. The girl at design centre said to us that ceramic tiles are not stained through, doesn't matter which one you choose, so if you break it you will see white marks. porcelain tiles for the kitchen and breakfast area are over $5000. Invest in good quality thicker wood, so if something happens you can always fix it. I would only take tiles with heated floors but such option is not exist:)
2. We took basic countertop because of the price, will install granite right after closing. Mattamy price is around $5000 when you can get same granite for $2000 cheaper.
3. Same, we want to upgrade floors, upstairs hallway- hardwood, railing instead of knee wall, better kitchen, gas connection (we will have gas range), electrical staff. Potlights will be done after closing due to their cost. For now our cost is around $15000 and that is already without their bonus $5000. Our designer appointment is April 10, so I will give you final price after. We may still take their suggestions as well.
4. I would strongly suggest to you to go to design centre on the weekend and see what you want for your home, it helped me a lot. Plus ask girls at the front, they may print book for you. I picked up mine in February, two weeks after purchase and my closing day is in October.
If you have specific question on cost, write here and I will let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 pm 

I forgot ......smooth sealing and double vanity in master bathroom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:01 am 

Thanks for the information King Luis and Taniak!

I think there are 3 kitchen upgrade packages. I am thinking of doing the highest option. I forgot what it's called. It's the option with the cabinets that close slowly. Do you know how much that costs to upgrade? What does that include if you can describe it briefly?

I have unheated ceramic tile in my existing house and it's cold to the feet! So I will likely go for hardwood floors in the kitchen and breakfast area. Which hardwood upgrade tier did you do? Does the higher tier mean thicker wood? What's the ballpark upgrade cost from the standard hardwood to say tier 1?

Did you also get 9 foot ceilings in first floor and "quality" hardwood as standard when you signed up? I also have the $5000 design centre discount.

For the stairs and second floor, what is the standard floor material? Hardwood for stairs and carpet for second floor?

Sorry for all the questions! I am just excited about the new house!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am 

Sherky wrote:
Thanks for the information King Luis and Taniak!

I think there are 3 kitchen upgrade packages. I am thinking of doing the highest option. I forgot what it's called. It's the option with the cabinets that close slowly. Do you know how much that costs to upgrade? What does that include if you can describe it briefly?

I have unheated ceramic tile in my existing house and it's cold to the feet! So I will likely go for hardwood floors in the kitchen and breakfast area. Which hardwood upgrade tier did you do? Does the higher tier mean thicker wood? What's the ballpark upgrade cost from the standard hardwood to say tier 1?

Did you also get 9 foot ceilings in first floor and "quality" hardwood as standard when you signed up? I also have the $5000 design centre discount.

For the stairs and second floor, what is the standard floor material? Hardwood for stairs and carpet for second floor?

Sorry for all the questions! I am just excited about the new house!

Hi, the tiers I believe have better hardwood, I believe that there are 3 tiers and I think they do have a difference in terms of thickness. Mattamy standard in Hawthorne Village are to give 9 foot ceilings on first floor, quality hardwood as well as the 5000 dollars. And to confirm, the standard options are stained oak Stairs and carpet upstairs. I can post some pics of inside the design book if you want but ill have to find it. The ground floor is hardwood but its not any hardwood to get excited about. And I think that for the drawers those are called soft close and I reccomend doing those after closing as they are very pricey with Mattamy. The 5000 dollars you got is probably not enough for many upgrades. I just wanted a quartz countertop and upgraded underpad and that already costed me more than 1500 out of my pocket. I was thinking on doing our own backsplash though as those cost around 1200 to do with Mattamy. Hope this helps.....

Here is a link to the soft close drawers.... http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62455

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:59 am 

backsplash is something you should do on your own. much much cheaper.
granite is more expensive through mattamy but quartz is competitively priced from last i checked. take into the fact that you can just move in and not deal with a reno/having to deal with disposal, etc and quartz through mattamy is a pretty good deal.
soft closing drawers you can do after, i believe ikea has the parts for it and you just have to pop them in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next