HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:04 am 

I havent forgotten about this so thanks for posting an update. I know there have been a few instances over the last few weeks with traffic backups / collisions / accidents on the 401 in our area that have caused more than normal volume of traffic on Derry and Britannia coupled with construction on 5th Line.

For general info purposes heres a link to "how things work"

https://www.halton.ca/living_in_halton/ ... nals_work/

There are supposed to be annual corridor reviews done for sections of regional roads and Ive asked as to when one was done for this section. Ive also forwarded some of the comments to staff about these recent concerns as well.

Im working on getting something done for this area as well as the other sections of Derry and Britannia as well. I'll keep you posted and if theres other areas email me mike.cluett@milton.ca

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:11 am 

Mike_Cluett wrote:
For general info purposes heres a link to "how things work"

https://www.halton.ca/living_in_halton/ ... nals_work/

Theres a typo in that link. It should read:

Quote:

How Traffic Signals Work

Traffic signal coordination is when traffic signals are timed so that traffic can travel along a street without stopping at every light.

It’s challenging to do this when dealing with two-way streets, big intersections and lots of traffic. So we don't bother with it.

Everything after the last sentence is the typo. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm 

I'm not sure about you guys but I have noticed a dramatic change in the timing of the lights through town of the past few weeks. Instead of sitting at the fresh red at Trudeau and watching tumbleweeds roll through the green at JSP, only to accelerate from my green up to the fresh red at JSP, I am actually rolling through a few chicken $hit intersections on a green light. I'm wondering if the recent problem at Trafalgar is because you have a cleaner flow coming through the town towards Trafalgar instead of the sputtering stop and go chunks of cars be released a few at a time from Armstrong, Trudeau, 5th etc.

I agree - this is an outrageous problem. Whoever these "staff" people are that are working on this need to be fired. Or perhaps Mr Cluett needs to remove whoever the "staff" person is who is in charge of this issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:05 pm 

Any reason the right eastbound lane was blocked off this morning just before Trafalgar? This was just before 9am. There was nobody onsite working and traffic was backed up to 5th Line.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 pm 

I got caught by this as well at 8:30 a.m. One random Halton worker pyloning away the right hand lane causing an unnecessary back up. No other workers or equipment in attendance. Mike, I have to believe there could have been better consideration of rush hour traffic. Who in the world would think this is good planning.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:28 pm 

I'm glad you guys mentioned it so that Kevin and I don't look like the only whiners on the topic.

This morning the right lane near Trafalgar was closed. Zero signs of construction. Zero work vehicles. Zero workers. Just a closed lane during rush hour because. I snapped a couple pics as well that I can't upload from my phone.

I'm assuming it will be the same tomorrow as well, cause why not?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 am 

martin prince wrote:
I'm glad you guys mentioned it so that Kevin and I don't look like the only whiners on the topic.

This morning the right lane near Trafalgar was closed. Zero signs of construction. Zero work vehicles. Zero workers. Just a closed lane during rush hour because. I snapped a couple pics as well that I can't upload from my phone.

I'm assuming it will be the same tomorrow as well, cause why not?

Only a few more weeks until all the school related traffic f***s off for two months and eases up the rush hour volumes, only to be negated by all the construction.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 am 

Mike_Cluett wrote:
martin prince wrote:
I want someone to own that light and fix it; to make it their pet project. Not to have the traffic dept stick a couple of black car counting strips on the road and adjust without ever actually looking at the intersection. I’m talking about hands on, multiple days on site to see how it works and adjust accordingly and make it never be an issue for us again because they will stay on top of it. No more 4 or 5+ cycles before you get through.

Derry has enough lanes for the traffic load – now please make it so we can use it.

The former representative from Regional Council took that on as his pet project...problem not solved because the focus was on one spot. I want the review of all lights from Derry Trafalgar to JSP to Thompson to Ontario to Bronte St....all have their own issues that add to the problem. The problem needs to be fixed. For that, I will take ownership and make sure the job gets done.

Still not fixed, Mike.

4 more years?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm 

Maybe apply for a $30k Community Improvement Fund to fix the things?

Though I still prefer the TV Studio idea over bungee jumping for seniors
from a traffic light