HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upgrades - HSV
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:41 pm 

whitney74 wrote:
Yay!

Looks so great whitney!

Glad to hear that you got your appointment booked, Rosaj! Jeepmomma, I'm hopeful you will get your book soon ;) So exciting to hear about everyone going through the process. We just finished up 100% today. Had one last little addition to make. Now we wait for the next stage...

Funnyman, love your colour selections! It's going to come together nicely! Your main bath tile was top pick for my husband for our main bath. It clashed with his counter top choice, and he ended up choosing the counter top over the tile. Was a tough decision for him, he went back and forth on that one and finally said goodbye to the tile. Our DC said she's never seen a man care so much about bathroom colours :lol:.

Here are our colours, photo isn't the greatest quality for colour though.

Kitchen & Main floor --------------> Main Bath ----------------> Ensuite ---------------> Laundry

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:20 pm 

Whitney74 ... I'm pretty sure that is the same kitchen tile we chose for our kitchen a couple years ago. If it is it looks amazing installed (hard to visualize with one tile) and we recently put up a backsplash that complements it so well. I'll have to go back to my paperwork to confirm the name of the tile, but it looks very similar. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 pm 

Dan Drmanic wrote:
Whitney74 ... I'm pretty sure that is the same kitchen tile we chose for our kitchen a couple years ago. If it is it looks amazing installed (hard to visualize with one tile) and we recently put up a backsplash that complements it so well. I'll have to go back to my paperwork to confirm the name of the tile, but it looks very similar. Good luck!

Hi Dan, thanks for the compliment! We pretty much started with that tile and worked our way through the house from there. Love it and can't wait to see it when it's done. I think it's called "essex grey", it came in a few different shades.

What is your back splash like? We will be doing that after closing, so would love any input to coordinate.

I see you have a Juneberry, how much are you loving it?! That's a great model, was sad that they discontinued it for now. The floor plan is awesome, love the kitchen in particular.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:46 pm 

Whitney ... I believe that's what it was called. I'll look back to confirm. I posted pictures of our backsplash on the site (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12358&p=501231#p501231), I would definetly recommend doing it after, way more selection.

We couldn't be happier with the house. The perfect floor plan for our family, but it was really the property that was the reason we purchased through Mattamy.

Your selection looks outstanding!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 pm 

LOVE your backsplash! We want to stay in the grey colour scheme, so I'm saving your picture for later! Great choice of cabinet hardware too, that was my pick for the ensuite :wink:

Glad you are enjoying your home, and thanks again for your input!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 am 

Thx for the compliment whitney74!
We actually had a bit different tile but During the DC Kristen suggested this time and we loved it a lot!
Really love the pebble style shower floor you picked out! Didn't know they had those type of options. Are you doing a full glass enclosure? In that case it works great!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 pm 

Woohoo. Got our design book this afternoon!!!! So now multi tasking - trying to figure out design upgrades while watching Pan Am closing ceremonies. Could it be that I'm not fully concentrating on this that we're way over budget? Hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:59 pm 

Got my design book today too!! So overwhelming.... I don't know how we will stay within budget! I can't believe the frameless glass shower is $3400... Yikes!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:14 am 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Woohoo. Got our design book this afternoon!!!! So now multi tasking - trying to figure out design upgrades while watching Pan Am closing ceremonies. Could it be that I'm not fully concentrating on this that we're way over budget? Hahaha

so glad you got your book keep me posted on what your thinking as we have same model

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:40 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
whitney74 wrote:
Yay!

Looks so great whitney!

Glad to hear that you got your appointment booked, Rosaj! Jeepmomma, I'm hopeful you will get your book soon ;) So exciting to hear about everyone going through the process. We just finished up 100% today. Had one last little addition to make. Now we wait for the next stage...

Funnyman, love your colour selections! It's going to come together nicely! Your main bath tile was top pick for my husband for our main bath. It clashed with his counter top choice, and he ended up choosing the counter top over the tile. Was a tough decision for him, he went back and forth on that one and finally said goodbye to the tile. Our DC said she's never seen a man care so much about bathroom colours :lol:.

Here are our colours, photo isn't the greatest quality for colour though.

Kitchen & Main floor --------------> Main Bath ----------------> Ensuite ---------------> Laundry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:53 pm 

We went to DC and model homes in Oakville yesterday to get ideas and visualize kitchen and bath colors.
Also, drove by site and see more ravine development happening on west side. *fingers crossed*
Funnyman82 - great kitchen colors. At the moment we're leaning towards dark cabinets with light counters. Yours looks great.
Whitney74 - love the kitchen tile - Essex sage and Essex grey are on the top of our list of floor tiles. Just have to see how it would look with dark cabinets.
Rosaj2 - I was thinking about that light on 2nd floor hallway. It's a small detail but I'm not quite liking where they put it. Thinking of moving it closer to bdrm3. With that, I'm gg to add a capped ceiling box in the centre of staircase with separate switch plus one extra (1 up & 1 down) as well as reinforcement for heavy fixture so that we may install a nice chandelier in the future. Hope you know what I mean. Let me know if you have any suggestions please.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 pm 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
We went to DC and model homes in Oakville yesterday to get ideas and visualize kitchen and bath colors.
Also, drove by site and see more ravine development happening on west side. *fingers crossed*
Funnyman82 - great kitchen colors. At the moment we're leaning towards dark cabinets with light counters. Yours looks great.
Whitney74 - love the kitchen tile - Essex sage and Essex grey are on the top of our list of floor tiles. Just have to see how it would look with dark cabinets.
Rosaj2 - I was thinking about that light on 2nd floor hallway. It's a small detail but I'm not quite liking where they put it. Thinking of moving it closer to bdrm3. With that, I'm gg to add a capped ceiling box in the centre of staircase with separate switch plus one extra (1 up & 1 down) as well as reinforcement for heavy fixture so that we may install a nice chandelier in the future. Hope you know what I mean. Let me know if you have any suggestions please.

JeepMomma2015, I agree it seems like there is no hall way light at all where it is located now.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:02 am 

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has gone with the Bellina Grey tile for their bathroom. It has a very light grey marble like look and is very glossy finish. Really like it but am a bit concerned about how white it is. Never had light tiles in the bathroom and am a bit concerned about whether it's practical.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:30 pm 

Hi Tika,

I've had the same dilemma with our tile choices. What I've been doing is typing the tile name into "google image". You'd be surprised how many times you'll find a picture of a kitchen or a bathroom with the tile you're interested in. :)

Tika wrote:
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has gone with the Bellina Grey tile for their bathroom. It has a very light grey marble like look and is very glossy finish. Really like it but am a bit concerned about how white it is. Never had light tiles in the bathroom and am a bit concerned about whether it's practical.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:35 am 

Tika wrote:

We have off white porcelain tiles in all the bathrooms (used the floor tiles in the showers and tubs too)... I LOVE it... The glossy tiles are so easy to clean. I'd never get textured tiles again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next